These characters are part-nymph. They have some Nymph traits, depending on how much heritage they have, and on which type of nymph they are descended from. Nymphs begin to develop their powers at different ages - five for a full nymph, ten for a half nymph, fifteen for a quarter nymph, twenty for a eighth nymph and so on - but past a sixteenth, part-nymphs don't develop powers, only personality traits. These types of characters must comply with the exotic character policy and character policy.
- In ancient times, there were tribes of nymphs whose blood was pure, void of human blood. Though they specialized in certain powers, being able to derive their magic from different sources in nature, they had power over all sources. However, after being hunted down by both muggle and wizarding kind, they withdrew from the world around them in order to protect themselves.
- Most gain their power from pockets of nature but due to the collapse of different ecosystems and the contribution of pollution, their power began to dwindle as these sources became damaged.
- The nymphs had their own pocket country with its own society separated from the world around them
- It is centred around the last source of pure nature that sources their magic. It is believed to be a waterfall.
- It is unknown exactly where this country is located, even to the nymphs outside of it. Not even the name of the country is known to anyone. Those who have been exiled have been sworn to secrecy. It is even believed they have their own form of magic that allowed them to remove this knowledge from their memory.
- Ancient type of magic that has kept everyone who aren't nymphs out. If you moved through the entry, you’d end up in the country on the other side of it.
- These nymphs have a tendency to be patronizing towards the outside world. They believe they're better than the outside world. They don't hate wizard kind or muggle kind, they just think they’ve been the leading cause of why their power dwindled. It’s meant that even now, it’s rare for an exiled nymph to have children with either.
- Due to the corruption of their power sources, it is only around this power source that they have access to all the powers but find themselves now having to specialise once they reach the age of ten. Consequently, they only have access to that power source.
- How? Nymphs have their own ritual that they perform which includes the nymph bathing in the power source under a full moon. Of course, this is shrouded from outside knowledge. Even the nymphs who went through this process are unsure of the exact details. They claim there is a group of priests within the country that oversee this ritual and know the secrets.
- They don’t choose which power source they draw from, but chosen for them. It often reflects who they are.
- If they don’t perform this ritual, they risk losing control over any sources of magic and become their version of a squib. These ‘squibs’ are often cast out into the world but their children don’t have any abilities.
- Why they are so closed off to the world:
- Some nymphs began to have families with both magical and muggle society.
- This caused the dilution of the blood.
- Realising the pureness of their magic was dying off, mixed with the realisation that their power was dying, the nymphs closed off their borders once more. They didn’t want to become weaker than their magical counterparts.
- There are some instances of pure nymphs being exiled from this pocket country and forced into the outside world. This means there are still half nymphs running around.
- As the exiled pure nymphs performed the ritual and specialised in one branch of magic, they found their descendents only having access to this power source as well. Unlike their ancestors, who were able to utilise all power sources growing up, they didn’t need too. This apparently also made the ritual redundant. Some continued to become squibs, but some did not and continued to have their powers growing up.
- You can have magical or nymph squibs. Really, there’s no difference but how they were raised. Essentially the nymph squibs grew up with power sources but found themselves without it once they reached eleven (twelve at the latest).
- You can have magical nymph squibs. This counts to your major character spot, not your minor spot. This can be beneficial for those who have children of nymphs but don’t have the space to rp them as a nymph.
- In conclusion: You do have the space to have a character with magical powers and no nymph powers and characters with no magical powers but have nymph powers.
- You can have magical nymph squibs. This counts to your major character spot, not your minor spot. This can be beneficial for those who have children of nymphs but don’t have the space to rp them as a nymph.
- Their direct descendent only have access to one power set, but they also have access to the half nymph power set.
- This takes both of your nymph spots. If you want two nymphs, then they become descendents of nymphs. Half nymphs are only slightly more powerful.
- Having a half nymph does not take up two exotic spots, just both nymph spots
- Descendants of nymphs are far more common than half nymph. Half nymphs are typically born because the pure nymph got exiled from the pocket country and forced into the outside world. However, due to their nature, most don’t interact with wizard or muggle kind.
- It is only when half nymphs sleep with the magical kind does the child become magical and be able to use a wand. However, they often struggle to control their magic and their nymph powers come easier to them.
- If born too a muggle parent, then the nymph does not have the magical gene. The exception to this is that there is a squib somewhere in the family line that makes them a muggle born with nymph powers. If there isn’t a squib in the family line, then the nymph would simply just be a muggle with nymph abilities. They won’t have access too magic, hence they wouldn’t be able to use a wand. This means that a muggle nymph wouldn’t be able to go too Hogwarts.
- A nymph gene is less powerful the more it is diluted. The further back the nymph ancestor, the less likely it is to become activated. It becomes more likely to activate itself if it comes into contact with the magical gene. Thus, it is far more likely that you have wizards/witches/wix with nymph abilities rather than muggles with nymph abilities.
- As they have nymph abilities, they are allowed to reside in magical areas. Similar to a vampire.
- Fire Nymphs can turn parts of their body (such as their hands) into flames. This can only be upheld for a limited amount of time. This includes generating fire.
- It is near impossible for them to burn themselves, no matter how high the temperature is. However, after an extended amount of time (approximately thirty minutes maximum), they would end up burning to death.
- Fire Nymphs can generate a thin layer of armour made of fire that can protect them from weak spells. This only lasts a few short moments and the longer it is used, the quicker it drains the Nymph’s powers. This is more defensive and weaker than when they focus on one part of their body. This ability only works on themselves. Furthermore, it’s really not a reliable shield. *Fire nymphs are known to be more offensive inclined than defensive.
- Fire nymphs can heat an object without touching it. However, it must be in their direct line of sight and cannot heat an object enough to melt it. However, this can be subjective. Ice, for example, would melt quite easily. Metal, however, would be impossible even for full nymphs. *Some objects might catch on fire, such as natural material like wood. However, this is reversed the moment a nymph’s concentration is broken, even for just a moment. Any potential damage, though, is permanent.
- Fire nymphs can manipulate smoke and they are immune to the dangers of inhaling smoke.
- Fire nymphs powers are significantly decreased around large bodies of water and low temperatures. They can quickly become exhausted and sluggish. However, a fire nymph can build a slight tolerance the longer they stay in a particular climate. They’ll still not be at their full power and capabilities, though.
- The sun is a major source for their powers, thus their powers are weakened during both night and the lunar eclipse. However, the latter has a more severe impact than the former.
- If a fire nymph has poor self control, their powers can often get the best of them. Whilst this can be a positive and a strength in some regard, this can also cause their powers to be out of control and cause considerable damage to both themselves and others around them.
- Fire nymphs often have a fiery temper that can be incredibly destructive.
- Fire nymphs tend to be pyromaniacs and are often fascinated with flames, especially when watching something burn.
- Whilst having a destructive reputation, fire nymphs can often believe in creation and keeping people safe.
- Fire nymphs tend to be good cooks.
- Fire nymphs tend to have aquaphobia.
- Fire nymphs tend to be incredibly passionate about whatever they believe in.
- Fire nymphs tend to be the most impulsive and destructive of the nymphs
- Wood nymphs are able to help a plant grow as well as making it wither and die.
- Wood nymph’s skin can become tough, mimicking a shield that can deflect spells casted from weaker opponents. The stronger the spell, the more likely the spell will be able to break through this barrier and affect the nymph.
- Wood nymphs can cause an earthquake, no greater than 3.0 on the Richter scale but it is more common for it to be 2.0. It depends on how powerful and experienced the nymph is. This earthquake only occurs in the general vicinity of the nymph, which can be expanded through experience. However, they are not immune to the earthquake and could be injured because of the action. The longer the earthquake, the more energy is drained.
- Wood nymphs can tell if a plant or patch of earth has been disturbed by human hands. Furthermore, they know which patch is the most fertile and where a plant should be planted.
- Wood nymphs power tends to increase during springtime and summer before weakening during winter. It isn’t uncommon for wood nymphs to go through something akin to seasonal depression during the winter months.
- Wood nymphs can control everything that naturally grows from the Earth, such as trees. The longer this is done and the larger it is, the more draining it is. More experienced and powerful nymphs could potentially control two or three things at once. However, nothing larger than a tree or a large boulder.
- Wood nymphs are able to build tunnels and travel underground. However, this becomes extremely tiring the longer they continue to dig through the ground.
- Wood nymphs can create a toxin akin to a poisonous plant - The more dangerous the poison, the more energy is drained. This is spread through their pores and look like a mist. This does not kill people but rather a severe allergic reaction that can be easily treated through potions.
Wood nymphs can tell what type of plant something is just by simple touch.
- Wood nymphs are known for being hard headed and stubborn
- Wood nymphs tend to be very good at herbology
- Wood nymphs tend to enjoy being barefoot as it helps them feel closer to Earth
- Wood nymphs enjoy the serene and quiet.
- Wood Nymphs can often be perfectionists
- Ice nymphs can take water from the air around them, and solidify it. Though, whatever the item is, it’ll be very limited in size and strength
- They can, though, manipulate its shape and sharpness.
- They can also take water from plants, such as flowers, which provide them a stronger source than the air.
- Ice nymphs are able to change any aspect of their body into water and control every molecule of it. They can only do this for a limited amount of time before they solidify again. The longest amount someone has managed to do this is around five minutes.
- Ice nymphs don’t bode well around heat. Their powers are slightly weaker in hotter months of the year. They often seem incredibly fatigued and become dehydrated a lot quicker than others.
- Ice nymphs are never too warm. Somehow, their body temperature is colder than other people.
- Ice nymphs can breathe underwater for an extended amount of time. With practise, they can increase how long this ability lasts for. The record is thirty minutes.
- Ice nymphs can heal small wounds (magically made and non magical made) through connection to a natural body of water. This can extend to someone else who is also connected to the water.
- Ice nymphs can dissolve themselves and move through the same body of water for a short amount of time. This is quicker than swimming and almost mimics teleporting.
- Through physical touch, an ice nymph can dehydrate another person. They cannot kill someone through this but they can bring the other close to the edge. The effects of this is reversed the moment contact is broken.
- Ice Nymphs can, if surrounded by a body or source of water, freeze a person into place by their feet. Their energy is drained significantly if they try to have the ice cover more parts of the body.
- Ice nymphs are the most varied in regards to how they come across to people.
- Some ice nymphs tend to be rather moody and temperamental. One moment they can seem tranquil then the next they’re lashing out at people.
- Some ice nymphs tend to be emotionless and cold to the people around them
- Some ice nymphs enjoy structure and peace. Often, they like spending time alone to do their own thing.
- Ice nymphs often like to see their own reflection. This has often caused society to perceive them as narcissistic.
- Air nymphs can create gusts of wind primarily through blowing. The stronger the gust is, the more energy is depleted.
- Air nymphs can generate electricity at will. The more practice the nymph’s had, the more control they have over this power. Most air nymphs can only generate a few sparks.
- Air nymphs can create a small tornado. The bigger the tornado and the longer the nymph controls it, the more energy it drains. When the nymph lets the tornado go, it disperses instead of going wild. The tornado can be no bigger than the nymph.
- Air nymphs can lift themselves into the air. This does mimic flying but it’s more correct to say that they are hovering in the air. Air nymphs can also use the air to maneuver around.
- Air nymphs lungs are considerably bigger than most and they can hold twice the amount of air inside of them before needing to take a breath. Thus, they can hold their breath longer than most. .
- Air nymphs have the ability to send messages through the wind. However, the message can only go so far before it gets lost and the closer the recipient is, the clearer the message is. It can often dissolve into a game of Chinese whispers if the other person is too far away.
- Air nymphs do have a certain immunity to being electrocuted. However, the longer they remain electrocuted, the quicker their immunity diminishes and risk harming themselves. It is not uncommon for air nymphs to electrocute themselves accidentally.
- Air nymph’s powers tend to be the most unreliable and they struggle to control their powers for an extended amount of time.
- Air nymphs struggle in climates where the air is thin. Their powers are considerably weakened and they tend to start mimicking the symptoms to a heart attack. Fatigue, cold sweat, pressure in the chest area, shortness of breath and lightheadedness.
- Air nymphs are able to generate music and sound by manipulating the sound waves around them. This can be used as a distraction.
- Air nymphs can manipulate sound to create a deafening whistle that can affect the people around them. It can also shatter glass (the thicker it is, the more difficult it is to do so).
- Air nymphs can often be described as an air head and can tend to be very forgetful
- Air nymphs tend to be easygoing and tranquil.
- Air nymphs often seek freedom and independence and become frustrated if they feel they’re being controlled.
- Air nymphs often seek peace with the people and world around them.
- Air nymphs tend to be musically inclined, particularly in singing and woodwind instruments.
- Airheads tend to be very easy to manipulate
- Air nymphs tend to have some degree of claustrophobia
- Dark nymphs can animate their own shadow to appear like another person. Their shadow can also disconnect from them and be used as a messenger. The dark nymphs are unable to see through their shadow. However, through visual cues, the shadow could communicate to the dark nymph.
- Dark nymphs, similar to how a dilluminator works, can remove a light (both artificial and natural) from a room. This does not extend to the sun and only in a controlled space.
- Dark nymphs power works best during darkness, such as night.
- Dark nymphs are able to clearly see in the dark.
- Dark nymphs are able to manipulate shadows to do their will.
For a small amount of time, they can solidify shadows and allow them to carry objects around.
- Dark nymphs can seemingly disappear into thin air, though they are just hiding their form by manipulating one’s vision. Physically, they are in the same spot. If they move or let themselves known, the illusion is broken.
- Dark nymphs can temporarily solidify a shadow into a small weapon - limited to items that cannot be used as a projectile. As soon as said weapon is released from their hands, it disappears. The bigger the item, and the longer it stays solidified, the more energy is drained.
- Dark nymphs can temporarily ‘erase’ shadows, though this cannot be used on a living being’s shadow. This ability can be used to make the environment more visible and to erase any darkness based weaponry or creatures.
- Dark nymphs tend to be angry, even at the smallest of things. Thus, they have a tendency to hold grudges and be petty.
- Without intending to be, dark nymphs often come across as intimidating.
- Dark nymphs can often be deceitful and manipulative.
- Dark nymphs often have a dark sense of humour and be quite nihilistic.
- Dark nymphs tend to be introverted who tend to stay to themselves.
- Death nymphs are able to have physical contact with the ghosts around them and know when they are close. They have what feels like a gut feeling that tells them a ghost is near. If they come into contact with the ghost, then the death nymph automatically is given information on the ghost (such as who they are, how they died and why they stayed in this world). It has been known that well practised death nymphs can make a ghost do their bidding.
- Death nymphs can influence emotions to a small degree. The more they use this ability, the more exhausted they are. They must also be in some contact with the person, whether it be through touch or are connected by the same shadow. The victim can push back against this manipulation, though–it depends on how much control they have over their own emotions.
- Death nymphs can tell if somebody is nearing the day of their death. However, they are unable to tell them the exact date of the death or how they would die.
- Death nymphs can tell if somebody has had any type of experience with death (whether it be near death experiences or someone dying) and how recently this experience was.
- Death nymphs can see Thestrals without needing to see death itself. Thestrals also warm quicker to death nymphs and often want to become their friends.
- Death Nymphs can often lull somebody to sleep, if only for a limited amount of time. The success depends on the target’s willpower. This can be used to lull someone into a deeper sleep as well.
- If powerful enough, a death nymph can bring someone back from the brink of death. However, this drains considerable energy out of the death nymph and it has been known that, whilst saving the person, risks killing the death nymph.
- Death nymphs can make someone feel as if they are on the brink of death. Although it is not a physical affliction, a Death Nymph can emotionally and mentally manipulate a target to believe they are dying.
- Death nymphs often have a nihilistic attitude to life
- Death nymphs can often try to be as provocative and rebellious as they can to the society that they live in. However, within reason. This does not mean they would go against their own core values.
- Death nymphs are often morbid and often contemplate typically unpleasant subjects, regardless of how other people might feel.
- Death nymphs are often fascinated with the question of what happens after death
- Death nymphs often fashions themselves out as outcasts of society.
- Death nymphs tend to not shy away from pain and suffering.
- Death nymphs can often get under someone's skin with incredible ease
- Time nymphs can slow and speed up time in half a minute intervals.
- Time nymphs can age quicker or slower than the average wizard/witch. Some don’t appear to be affected by this power. For example, a half time nymph might age two years in the space of one whilst another half time nymph might only age one year in the space of two years. It is nothing drastic–the longest recorded is aging three years in the space of one year and vice versa. This can be difficult to track, though, and it is often at the end of their lifespan do they know for sure whether their time was extended or shortened.
- This ability is really for users who want to keep a model or age them quicker. More OOC. You might find you want to use a model who might be too old for a first year but with this you can get around that.
- Very similar to the ability directly above, some time nymphs become frozen in their body and stop aging on the outside altogether. However, they still age. It has happened that you find 130 year old time nymphs that appear to be only 20 years old, suffering from the same sort of conditions that the elderly go through. This does not mean they are immortal and will still die of ‘old’ age.
- Time nymphs can ‘teleport’ a few feet from where they were. In truth, they are simply pausing time to move to that location.
- Time Nymphs, not unlike seers, have a natural talent in divination, simply because they are able to have flashes of the future in their dreams. They struggle to control what they can see and find it difficult to understand the context of these flashes.
- Time nymphs are able to cause someone to age for a short amount of time. For example, a time nymph can make themselves and others age seventy years for up to thirty minutes. The longer this disguise is held, the quicker their energy drains.
- Time nymphs can revert time in the space around them to see what occurred. For example, a time nymph would be able to go to a location and see ‘ghosts’ of all the people who moved through that area up to 6 hours beforehand. They cannot hear what people are saying nor are the ‘ghosts’ aware of the nymph’s presence.
- Time nymphs tend to always in a hurry and hate being late
- Time nymphs tend to be very good at keeping themselves to a schedule
- Time nymphs tend to be highly aware of how short and insignificant their lives are. Most are terrified of death. It is not unheard of for time nymphs to try and become a vampire in order for them to be immortal.
- Time nymphs tend to feel burdened by their existence and how quickly time is passing.
- Time nymphs tend to know exactly what time it is.
- Light nymphs can temporarily blind people for up to five minutes.
- Light nymphs never get lost - They always seem to know where they are going. However, this ability works more during the night when they can see the stars clearly. When it is overcast, this innate ability dims.
- Light nymphs can manipulate photons into a solid item for a few seconds at a time. This cannot be used for projectile weapons.
- Light nymphs can make themselves ‘glow’ which can generate attention from the world around them. It can also be used as a ‘night light’. With practice, light nymphs can make only specific parts of their body glow and increase/decrease the intensity
- Light nymphs can draw energy from any source of light, whether it be the sun, the stars or even the moon. It is almost like an adrenaline hit. However, their energy severely decreases when they are in complete darkness.
- Light nymphs can heal a wound through physical contact. The bigger the wound, the more difficult and draining it is too heal.
- Light nymphs can increase and decrease the intensity of nearby light sources without contact.
- Light nymphs find it difficult to be sick and most germs ‘bounce’ off them. Light nymphs tend to be good healers just because they can never spread a disease and are able to help the healing process.
- Light nymphs love when they can see the stars clearly, just because they provide a light source during a time when they are usually at their weakest.
- Light nymphs tend to love being the centre of attention and having the limelight on them.
- Light nymphs tend to enjoy talking about astrology and zodiac signs.
- Light nymphs tend to be bright and bubbly but also very confident.
- Light nymphs prefer to be outside rather than inside
- Light nymphs tend to be incredibly claustrophobic
- Metal nymphs are highly proficient at using objects made out of metal, such as knives and swords.
- Metal nymphs cannot be harmed by objects made out of metal. For example, a sharp knife cannot pierce a metal nymph’s skin.
- Metal nymphs can telekinetically move metal items (‘fling’). The bigger the item is then the more energy is needed.
- Metal nymphs can always tell when raw ore is around them. They can even estimate how far underneath the ground it is. However, the further down it is, the less reliant their estimation is.
- Metal nymphs can always tell what type of metal something is made out of.
- Metal nymphs are very good with metalwork and can easily bend the metal without needing to heat it.
- Metal nymphs can make their skin hardens into metal, which can protect them from oncoming objects and spell. It’s a protective barrier that keeps them from harm. Metal nymphs can keep this up for five minutes but it is highly draining.
- Metal nymphs can lift any metal objects regardless of how heavy they are.
- Metal nymphs are considerably stronger naturally than anyone else.
- Metal nymphs tend to be sharp-minded and sharp-tongued.
- Metal nymphs tend to be stubborn and forceful with the world around them
- Metal nymphs tend to be rather self reliant and independent.
- Metal nymphs tend to do well in the auror office and ministry careers
- Metal nymphs tend to have a strong self esteem.
- Spirit nymphs can disorientate a person through making them feel dizzy for an extended amount of time. The longer this is done, the quicker the nymph’s energy is drained.
Spirit nymphs are able to calm a person down (or do the opposite and make them extremely stressed) through physical touch.
- Spirit nymphs can sense other people’s auras and be able to understand their current emotions, feelings and desires. Each aura is represented with a different colour. Those who are angry might have aura’s that are a violent shade of red. But red, of course, can also mean love. It can take time for a spirit nymph to learn how to interpret an aura correctly.
- Spirit nymphs have a tendency to be able to influence an aura. This is considerably weaker than through physical touch and is more subconscious than anything. Furthermore, it can only add onto the aura that they already have. They might be able to give a person the confidence to ask the person they’ve fallen in love with too marry them. Or the confidence to start a fight if they are angry. This ability is easy to fight against, especially if it’s against a person’s nature.
- Spirit nymphs are able to find out whether a person is an ‘exotic’. They are able to know if they are an animagi, a legilimency, a werewolf and so on instinctively. It is unknown how they do this. Some nymphs claim they have a ring of colour around their aura. Some claim that they just know. Either way-this ability comes naturally to them.
- Spirit nymphs have the ability to tie their own spirit with one other person at a time. This means that both the nymph and the other person are able to ‘sense’ one another. Sense their location and their emotions. However, it is more of a risk for the spirit nymph. If the recipient is cut, then so does the spirit nymph. Whilst this can be useful, it is also incredibly dangerous as it means the spirit nymph would also die if something happened to the recipient. This can be removed, however, but doing so would drain a lot of the spirit nymph’s energy. It is rare that this ability is used for the risks involved.
- Spirit nymphs can cause someone to feel fatigued with just a touch. This only lasts up to five minutes (depending on how strong the nymph is) and one has to keep physical contact to do so.
- Spirit nymphs can ‘heal’ someone’s soul. Essentially, this is taking someone’s more permanent pain (such as grief) from them and placing it onto themselves. Often, they do this to share the other’s pain and make it a little bit easier for them.
- Spirit nymphs tend to be more empathetic than anyone around them and go out of their way to understand another person’s emotions and make them feel better.
- Spirit nymphs tend to love being around emotional people and are naturally drawn to them. They also tend to love to be in crowded places.
- Spirit nymphs tend to be easily distracted just because there’s so much for them to take note of.
- Spirit nymphs tend to struggle with boundaries.
- Spirit nymphs often enjoy partaking in spiritual beliefs, such as religion or other practices. They often enjoy meditating and getting in touch with their inner self.
All items (24)