1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc.
- Conceived and born in the heart of Birmingham (though thankfully he never inherited the accent - he was born better), Adam grew up the second child to a hearty, wholesome couple, who just so happened to have magic running through their veins. That magic was passed on to both of their children, who grew up aware of their parents' powers and eventually their own. Adam discovered his own powers pretty early on in life - he sneezed when he was five years old and set the couch on fire.
- It was evident from him being a young age that Adam was rather different from his exuberant, vibrant family members. He wasn't sociable, choosing to hide in his room instead of go out at the weekends and play with the other neighbourhood kids. He studied books relentlessly, clearly way more intelligent than his older brother, and when he got his Hogwarts letter and was sorted into Slytherin (his brother watched from the Hufflepuff table with growing concern), his grades sky-rocketed. Transfiguration and History of Magic were particular favourites of his.
- Around third year was when his teachers also began to grow concerned over Adam's personality, especially when they discovered him setting fire to things round the back of the school - most of them, small woodland animals. Multiple ants, hedgehogs and occasionally the odd squirrel became victim to Adam's rather morbid curiosity, and he was swiftly punished for causing such unnecessary suffering. He remained a model student though, in grades and classwork, and earned as many House Points as he lost for his small cremations. The prefects kept a watchful eye on him from that day on, and Adam hated being watched and scrutinized, so much that one day in his fifth year, he turned and snapped on a prefect he spotted lurking in the shadows of the dungeons. The prefect was hospitalized, and Adam was on the very verge of expulsion, only saved by his grades, fondness from his Head of House, and his parents' begs to give him another chance. Adam considers that the day he changed. The day he realized he didn't like being under someone else's thumb, being watched and controlled.
- He didn't have many friends at Hogwarts - everybody was too freaked out by his tendency to torch the local wildlife - and when he graduated, only his parents and brother were there to congratulate him. He didn't really care. But his graduation was the turning point in Adam's life, and not in a good way - things began to go downhill very quickly.
- Adam began to become very friendly with drink, particularly whiskey, and before he knew it he was hooked. He couldn't get by without a substantial amount of alcohol in his system, and once he finally did get his hands on a bottle, he'd drink himself into unconsciousness too often, often endangering himself and other people - including one particular incident when he was staying over at his brother's flat and he drunk himself to sleep with a lit cigarette between his fingers. Their magic was the only reason neither of them burned alive, and that was the day his parents washed their hands on him, disowned him, and left him with nothing.
- The battle with alcoholism dragged on for three long, painful years, before Adam finally realized what an idiot he was being and managed to get himself clean. He hasn't touched drink since. It was also around this time when he began his career as a tracker of some sorts, and has since found himself a job at Borgin and Burkes. He's satisfied, happy even.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
- The thing that the majority of people who meet Adam will very quickly learn is that Adam is not a nice person. He's never been friendly, and the three years of alcoholism and disownment only further hardened him into the cold, unsympathetic being he is today. Armed to the back teeth with snarky remarks and insults, he has no problem jabbing at people's weak spots, and his apathy issues leave him virtually bulletproof to any retaliation. He's not likable at all; very few people can get him to crack a genuine smile, and if you do... well, keep it safe and use it for future blackmail purposes. It'll work.
- But Adam can contort his usual face of thunder rather effortlessly when he needs to. He's graced with impressive acting skills, able to flip back and forth between different personalities - from incredibly polite to downright threatening - which is a huge advantage when he's asking around for clues and whereabouts of his targets. Back when his parents' opinions were still relevant, they often said he should go into acting or theatre.
- Adam is a tracker. A bloodhound. An examiner of meticulous detail who will go to all corners of the world to find whoever's trail he has been set upon. No stone is left unturned, making Adam easily one the best trackers in the wizarding world, and his skills are commonly sought after by the wronged seeking revenge. For a suitable price, he'll gladly find whoever it is he's been tasked to uncover, and once the job's been done, whatever happens to said person has nothing to do with him. He couldn't really care less if they're killed.
- His loyalty is a confusing topic. It's mostly to himself, and only himself. Very, very rarely will Adam attach himself to a person or people by any ways more than business. Not only does it leave his conscience clean, it prevents him getting dragged into any sticky messes he won't be able to get out of easily. Sure, he'll act loyal to gain trust, but the second he smells any danger that could potentially be life-threatening, he's gone. He's never really full-on betrayed anybody before, as he knows that would more than likely end up with them baying for his blood, and he's not going to get himself killed just because someone can't handle being rejected (evidently, he's not the most empathetic of people
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
- Works at Borgin and Burkes.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way. C) Life.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
:C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
:B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
- UTC +0