A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Adara has a giving soul. She's kind and will always put other people before her - Their happiness is more important than her own. That's also a huge weakness of hers. She doesn't care much for herself. Her own being is much less important than others, she believes. After all, she's just a bus driver and a failed author.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Adara's life didn't even start out the way she wished. She sees herself as a miserable failure - That's what her life is.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Adara likes spending time at the local bars. Usually drinking. That, or she likes writing... She doesn't have any finished stories. She probably never will.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
There's not many things she's overall connected to. There's her wand, and maybe a pen and notebook but... That's basically it.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
She doesn't much care for the wizarding world. What is her word going to do?
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Adara Sutton was never really held to high expectations. One might assume that's why she shot so low in life. Adara never had high expectations for her future. Either she felt nobody believed in her, when in reality, she never really believed in herself.
Adara was born to a middle class family with five kids. She was the middle child between an array of brothers and sisters - she was never a priority in her two working parent's lives. Her mother, a witch by trade and by blood, played tricks on people's minds. Most of the time, not even with real magic. But of course, playing for tricks never payed the bills, so her father, a no-maj, took a job with lots of numbers. An accountant.
Adara always wanted her parental attention, but never really got as she wished. She would do all sorts of things. She would (attempt to) bake pies, leaving a huge mess her mother would discipline her for by sticking her with three weeks on dishes duty. When she was eight years old, just this once, she threw a tantrum. Adara would do as she was told eventually, but it seemed to go much faster than usual! Maybe some invisible hands were helping her. That's when she saw floating dishes, as if an invisible entity was holding it up. She yelled for her mother, only to have it fall and break before she saw.
Adara tried for the next two years to attempt to make something like that happen. It was a miracle! A dream! Maybe it was just that.... she would think that until she woke up with a letter on her forehead. All of her siblings circled around to see what it was, and when she opened it up.... she didn't believe any word of it. Not until her elder siblings spoke up, speaking about the magically amazing school for witchcraft and wizardry.... Adara got up to show her mother, who congratulated her and sent her sister, Sienna, to go with her to a place called Diagon Alley to gather supplies she'd need. Adara truly never believed it was real until finally, the day arrived where she would enter the school for the first time. As soon as it happened, Adara felt all her dreams come true.... but to be fair, she didn't aim high. Adara soon found a love for writing. She always carried a notebook filled with half-thought ideas and unfinished stories.
Adara passed her exams. To say the least. Her grades were not the best, but they were enough. That's all she could hope for. Unfortunately, graduated, they were not enough for the hiring people. Doors slammed in her face, left and right. One day, she just simply got lucky. She had acquired a low job in the department of magical transportation.... a really low job. Not to mention, her boss was a jerk! Not only did he come on to her, but he was rude, and treated her like a child! One day, Adara had enough, and made quite a scene.... one that ended with her punching her boss in the face. Most would also quit, but good lord, in the name of all that is holy.... Adara needed this job! So she struck a deal. The worst job possible, but she at least kept her job, and the pay.
That job was the illustrious duty of.... knight bus driver. You know that magic bus that you call by sticking your wand out into the street? Yeah, that. But hey! At least she got the day shift. Least to say... Adara is very unhappy with her position, and likes drinking. Good combination.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Adara Sutton fancies herself a sort of problem solver. Only problem is, her solutions never pan out. Literally ever. When she wants her mother to be happy after a hard day at work, she makes a pie. Subsequently, she makes a huge mess. It really only gets her in more trouble. She doesn't let this deter her when she has an idea to fix something.... even if its a terrible idea. She is nothing if not creative.
Adara's actually a bit fearful of trying new things. She never strays far from her comfort zone, in an attempt to prevent herself from disappointing herself and her family further. It cripples her as an aspiring author, and because of this she never finishes her ideas. Ever. She's afraid of failure, and even more afraid of confrontation. Confrontation of other people, of her own insecurities, people confronting her... etc.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Knight Bus Driver, Alcoholic, Failed Adult
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
🍑 hi, i'm ugly. what's your name? 🍑 01:19, October 12, 2017 (UTC)