1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc.
Adelaide Seol was born to an incredibly wealthy wizard named Arlie and his wife Brielle. She was born in Montreal, Quebec and from a very young age she was daunted on by the couple's many servants. It seemed as though baby Adelaide was going to be living a life of luxury, and really she had no say in it whatsoever - which sadly is how much of her life ended up going.
But we're getting a little bit ahead of ourselves. Going back to Adelaide's childhood, she was a very pretty girl from a young age and it was obvious many boys had young crushes on her - nothing too serious just the type kindergartners would have on one another. She was also in dance and gymnastics for as long as she could remember. Those two things were one of the few things Adelaide actually had a say in. You see, Arlie Seol was a very wealthy and influential wizard in the Montreal scene and he even had his own business empire. Naturally he intended on gifting this empire to his one and only daughter once she was of age, hell Adelaide even had company shares by the time she was twelve years of age - but once again we are getting ahead of her history here.
For as long as Adelaide can remember, it has always been "follow your father's rules". She was fine with these really, but not when it started cancelling out things that she wanted to do. For example, in grade two while Adelaide was still attending muggle school her class went on a three day field trip to a national park. And despite Adelaide's want to go, her father kept her behind and made sure she studied so that she could keep high grades and continue doing well in school.
Most of Adelaide's life she has never been in control, only in a few things. So when she had her first magical encounter - which Arlie and Brielle was expecting to come soon - a few days before her eighth birthday, she grew excited because she knew once she left home for a wizarding school that would be seven years of freedom and seven years of living her own life.
Adelaide doesn't even fully remember her first magical experience, the only thing she remembers was how angry her father was afterwards. From what she can remember her and Brielle were painting the family room when a paint brush flew across the room and splattered onto the couch. Although Brielle was a pure-blood witch as well, she was not the reason for the flying paint brush. Arlie immediately took his frustration out on Adelaide, and she ran crying to her room.
Her acceptance letter to Hogwarts couldn't have came any sooner. She was ten years old when she got it, and the excitement of getting away for awhile was eating her alive. When it was finally time for her to leave she was sorted into Gryffindor. Even though Adelaide has graduated, she still lives with her parents who have also moved to England with her, and Arlie continues to control most of her life. Luckily however the reigns have been loosened in comparison to what they were when Adelaide was a little girl.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
Adelaide is a very prim and proper young woman and there isn't a mean bone in her body. She is unable to turn anyone done when they are in need of assistance and although she may not know them she will always offer a helping hand. It's just how she was raised. Well actually Adelaide was raised in a very uptight household driven by her father who as long as she was able to make him happy, she herself was meant to be happy as well. However this was never the case and Adelaide's happiness never seemed to matter as long as her father got his way. She learned very early on that what she wanted didn't matter, and despite being close enough to an adult her father is still very much so in charge of what Adelaide does. She has missed out on years of happiness and doing things she actually wants to do.
In all honesty Adelaide hates being an heiress to her father's empire. But she knows if she were to against her father's wishes and say no then she'd be cut off entirely from the whole family - which would sadden her greatly as family is a major part of her life. Adelaide is constantly trying to keep good relations with her family and even friends who she may not see anymore.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Pure-Blood, no notable magical relations
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
No special abilities
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
She is currently unemployed and I do wish to enroll her in the ministry once I chose a department
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
13, 3 exotics
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
Eastern Standard Time, -4