Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Adira is a cunning manipulator. She's arrogant and cruel, usually not caring what other's say about her. She uses people to further her own needs and doesn't care what happens to them in the end. It's no secret that she's been seen as a b*tch. At her best, she is snarky and sarcastic, not to mention incredibly impatient. Adira is usually called her 'daddy's little girl', as the pair are remarkably similar, especially in ambition.
However, Adira is prone to nightmares about what happened to her mother, and cried herself to sleep when she was ten. She is a known animal lover, and especially loves animals that can fly, as they can "see heaven". Even though Andreas abandoned her and her mother Johanna, Adira-while still holding a slight grudge-loves him dearly. She is terrified of fire, and often tries to stay as far away as possible from it.
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Adira was born out of the relationship between Andreas Nikolas and his girlfriend Johanna Avery. When she was born, her father at first wanted nothing to do with her, and left Adira to be raised by Johanna. Johanna moved back to England and moved in with her family, to help raise her daughter. Adira was spoiled by her maternal family, though always wanted to know who her dad was. The one time she did have enough courage to ask her mum, Johanna snapped and terrified her daughter into never asking again.
Adira was taught about magic from a young age, and on multiple occasions, "accidents" happened with her magic, such as items breaking or things moving around. She also tried to look into who her father was, though was never able to find any documents on him, just nameless pictures from Greece. At least, she had no idea who he was until she saw her father in the Daily Prophet when she was eight, since he was a powerful member of the Greek Ministry of Magic. Adira tracked him down, using the name that was given in the Daily Prophet as a guide. Just before Adira was about to steal the stuff she needed, her mother revealed that she had to go to Greece for her work. Adira thought to take advantage of the situation, so, when Johanna revealed that Adira would be staying with an old friend of hers in Greece, Adira began hatching her plan.
When the pair arrived, Johanna got a taxi and told it where to go and gave it money while Johanna had to get into the companies car for work. Adira paid the taxi driver extra money to bring her to Volos-where her dad lived-which the taxi driver complied with. When she arrived, she asked a woman for directions to her dad's home. Naida Pallas worked for the Nikolas household, and had no problem showing Adira where it was, though did question her business and why she was alone. Adira gave vague answers and Naida brought her to Andreas' house. Naida made Adira sit down and eat while she went and got Andreas. When Andreas came down to see Adira, he didn't know she was his daughter and, making sure he spoke English, asked her why she was there. Adira told her she was Johanna Avery's daughter, and Andreas realized who Adira was.
Andreas was angry (to say the least) to have the daughter he desperately didn't want anything to do with in his life. Adira lied and said her mother wanted him to take care of her for a few days while she was busy doing work. Andreas agreed to it-after a lot of persuasion (and threatening) from Naida. Andreas made Adira sleep in the guest room, though she ended up sleeping in the same room as Andreas since she had nightmares. He bought her a stuffed rabbit as a present, and the two did start talking, though when Adira asked why he left her and her mum, he didn't answer.
After Johanna's two weeks work in Greece was over, she drove to her friend's house to pick Adira up, only to learn that Adira never showed. When she called the taxi company and found out that the taxi went to Volos, she instantly knew her daughter was with Andreas-and was extremely mad at her daughter for going to him. She drove to Volos and knocked on the door, which Naida answered. Naida was confused to see Johanna there though Johanna explained she had come to pick Adira up. Naida allowed Johanna to come in, and led her to the living room where Andreas was watching TV. Naida left Johanna and Andreas alone while she went and got Adira from her room. It didn't take long for Johanna and Andreas to start fighting about Adira, which only really stopped because Adira interrupted them. Johanna let Andreas and Adira say goodbye to one another. Andreas told his daughter to go to her mother and never come back to Greece. He lied to her and said that the reason he left Adira and Johanna was because he didn't want them. Adira, angry at him, grabbed her stuff from her room. She and Naida exchanged addresses and said goodbye. Adira and Johanna left Greece, never planning on returning.
Johanna was furious at her daughter for going to Andreas, and the two had an enormous fight, which resulted in Adira not speaking to her mother for an entire month. Adira, after what Andreas said to her, wasn't as interested in knowing about her father, claiming he was as bad as her mother said. Adira did use her laptop to teach herself Greek, only because of her interest in Greek Mythology. Life continued as normal as possible until Adira was ten years old. Adira was already in bed while Johanna was downstairs, finishing up something for work. Yet somehow, a fire started, and Adira was barely able to get out with only a few things, including the rabbit toy her father had bough her two years prior. However, Johanna wasn't as lucky, and died in the fire.
Andreas quickly heard the news that Johanna had died and was summoned to England to collect Adira, as his name was on her birth certificate. Many people in the Avery family were unhappy that custody of Adira was given to Andreas, including Adira herself. Her grandparents and aunt tried to persuade Andreas to give them full custody, as Andreas knew nothing about his daughter, and had never made an effort to have her in his life. However, Andreas took Adira with him back to Greece, and the pair tried to adjust to having each other in their lives. Naida treated Adira kindly, as the two had been writing with each other for the previous two years. Andreas kept his distance from Adira, scared at the thought of being a parent.
During the early days of living with Andreas, Adira noticed that there was always a flock winged horses who have a skeletal appearance in the forest near Andreas' property. She walked outside in her PJs and approached one of them-a foal-who instantly took a liking to her. Andreas, who was watching the encounter, approached Adira and told her they were Thestrals. He told Adira a bit about them, including why she couldn't see them the first time she was with him. He called over one of the older ones and told Adira he rides that one for fun, and helped her get on another one. The two flew around Andreas' property before landing again. Ever since, Adira's helped her father take care of their "neighbors".
When Adira was eleven, she received a letter from Hogwarts. Andreas took her to Diagon Alley using floo powder, much to Adira's complaints. The pair bought everything she would need for the new school year. They stayed in London in a hotel, waiting for the Hogwarts express. When it was finally time to board it, she hoped on and awaited her journey in Hogwarts. Andreas' niece, Andromedea, was in the same year as Adira, and the two sat with one another and got to know each other better, having only met once before.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Adira has brown hair that can seem to have brown-red tips or be dirty blonde in the sunlight. Her hair is most commonly worn in a ponytail and is straight. She has chocolate-brown eyes and tan skin that hint her Greek heritage. She is fifteen years old. Her model is Caitlin Stasey.
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Pure-Blood. Is maternally related to the Avery family (one of the sacred 28). Father works for the Greek Ministry of Magic. Paternal cousin is in the same year as her (Andromedea Appell).
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
11) What year is your character in?
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
2 characters, no exotics
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
Number of A's: 0
Number of B's: 4
Number of C's: 1
Number of D's: 0
Hi! Before I can sort Adira into a house, I need you to clarify a few things for me? :D
- What exactly do you mean with "Adira was taught about magic from a young age, and on multiple occasions, "accidents" happened with her magic."?
- In addition, an eight-year-old would not be able to track a man down, and buy tickets to Greece, and fly there on her own. And even if she was accompanied, how could she have found him if all she had were nameless pictures?
- "He contacted Johanna before making his daughter get on a plane to go back to England-since he didn't want her apparating or using other methods." Just to clarify, only 17+ wizards can apparate... just if you didn't know.
If an eight year old has a letter of permission from their legal guardian, they are allowed to travel on there own, airport staff will make sure nothing is going wrong. I know people who have done so over much greater distance than from England to Greece.
I don't think an eight year old can forge the signature of an adult without raising doubts from other adults. Her legal guardian (which would be her mum) would also have to personally vouch for her.