A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Adonis Liu is the type to act first, think later, then be annoyed when he has to pay the consequences for what he did. Having been like that his entire life especially when it came to not a second of hesitation defending his siblings at school, Adonis is comfortable being the bodyguard for his friends and family in a sense. When it comes to actual life choices, while the act first think later tactic is still applied in his day to day life, he does tend to think a lot more before he does anything. Having a the temper he does certainly doesn't help though, and often times he gets carried away with his anger.
Although he never actually met his mother, considering he only knew her for about a week or two before being left with his dad, Adonis certainly didn't get off from it scot free. While he loves his dad and step-mom, it left Adonis wondering why his biological mom didn't want him and while he is generally a very confident guy, that's where it falters greatly. He tries not to let it get to him but the days where he's overly protective of his siblings and extra clingy are tell tale signs that he's thinking about why she left him. Luckily, Adonis has developed multiple coping mechanisms to handle it, some healthy and some not-so healthy.
With little siblings that idolize him and appreciate everything he does for them, it is hard for Adonis not to show signs of weakness when it comes to thinking about his mom and how she could so easily leave him. The times when it gets the best of him most notably is usually when he gets into physical altercations with someone. This is his main way of not taking it out on the wrong people, and unfortunately that means strangers get the brunt of his anger and emotions. Aside from fighting/lashing out and being overly clingy and protective, a coping mechanism he's not necessarily proud of is his tendency to go through multiple significant others or hookups within a matter of weeks. He isn't overly proud of being labelled a flirt or a f**k boy, and it's something he tries to hide the best he can but unfortunately sometimes it gets the best of him.
All is not lost for Adonis though, he may be a boiling pot of overthinking and emotions a fair portion of the time but that doesn't wholly make up his personality. Typically when not bombarded with panic attacks or overthinking, Adonis can be found hanging out with friends or playing video games. When one is to look at Adonis' physic they may consider him to be a gym rat, and while he does enjoy working out here and there, he truthfully doesn't put much work into his body and is actually a bit lazy when it comes to physical activity as well. Generally speaking Adonis is a very laid back and care free person, of course until provoked. He's quite funny as well, or at least he likes to think he is.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Adonis Liu, first known as Liu Lin, was born out of wedlock to Chinese pure-blood father Wyatt Liu and Thai half-blood mother Sienna Watakeekul. The couple having met during their days at Mahoutokoro, decided to move to England together to start a new life. This proved disastrous for the couple as soon after their move, Sienna had gotten pregnant and the reaction she gave Wyatt over it wasn't a good one. The pregnancy drove the couple apart, and pretty soon Sienna went back to Thailand with Wyatt's unborn child.
Losing Sienna was a lot for Wyatt to handle, not only did his school love leave with their unborn child but now Wyatt was alone in England with a house to pay for that was meant to be split between him and his former girlfriend. The split left Wyatt needing a roommate in order to pay the bills, lucky enough for him he found one within a couple months. A woman by the name of Harriette Chen had stepped into the position rather naturally. While the pair had never met before, Wyatt and Harriette just seemed to click. As Harriette moved in, it wasn't long until a romantic relationship started brewing between the two, with Harriette helping Wyatt get over Sienna and his son.
Wyatt never seemed to have good luck, as Harriette also became pregnant two months into the relationship. However, unlike his last time, Harriette was happy with the pregnancy and her relationship with Wyatt. The pregnancy actually resulted in a tearful engagement and speedy eloping ceremony between the two. A little more than three months after their marriage however was when things took a turn, as Sienna made a return with their newborn baby boy. He had two names, Lin for his Chinese heritage and Jirayu for his Thai heritage. Sienna truthfully didn't want to keep the baby, but simply giving him up for adoption wasn't the route she wanted to take. Having returned to England and having seen how happy Wyatt was with Harriette, she knew that leaving baby Lin on her former lover's doorstep was arguably the best option she had. With a small note describing why she had left Wyatt and that the baby was his, Sienna left once again without saying a word.
Shortly after being left on the doorstep, Wyatt found his son outside and after reading the letter was both relieved and scared. Relieved because he was finally able to meet his son he spent everyday thinking about, worried however because he wasn't sure how Harriette would feel about the thought of raising someone else's daughter. While the idea initially was met with plenty of skepticism and arguments, but Harriette eventually warmed up to the idea of having three kids instead of one, and while Wyatt's first child wouldn't be that much older than their child, she thought it would be nice for them to have an older brother. That along with the fact that she had already fallen in love with the baby boy right away. With Wyatt having full custody of his child and Harriette also taking steps towards becoming the boy's legal mother, the couple gave Lin the English name of Adonis.
Not long after, in January the following year, Harriette gave birth to not just one but two kids. A boy and a girl with the names of Apollo and Aphrodite respectively, to fit the theme they created with Adonis' English name. While their hope of having an older child proved troublesome, as Adonis was still so young that it was essentially like having triplets, and having the three all in diapers and barely been able to crawl was a bit of a hassle. Regardless, the couple did their best to raise all three children at once while Wyatt also maintained his wizarding and muggle jobs in order to support the family.
Despite growing up with such a small age gap between him and his younger siblings, Adonis was the protective older brother his parents had hoped for. Having been born so late in the year he was in the same year group as Aphrodite and Apollo, the three were known to get rowdy in class. And if anyone picked on either of them Adonis was quick to get into a fist fight for them. A bit of a bruiser of a child, Adonis was quick to defend himself or his siblings and not really think about the consequences, which often resulted in him getting in trouble a lot.
As he neared the age of nine, Adonis was getting in yet another fight to stop someone from picking on Apollo. It was this instance that his first signs of being a wizard kicked in and as Adonis went to go push the kid to the ground after he himself had been punched in the face. The mixed adrenaline with the anger Adonis had fuelled itself into his magic and before even laying a hand on the kid to push him, a force of magic surged through him and knocked the kid into lockers in the hallway. Whispers quickly started before Adonis even knew what had happened, after grabbing his backpack he and Apollo quickly ran from the hallway and hid in the bathroom. While Apollo dabbed away at his brother's split lip, he asked if Adonis knew what happened. Being the older of the two Adonis didn't want his brother to worry. Sure their parents were both wizards, but they were never really told about how magic started or things of the sort.
Adonis was initially scared to tell either Wyatt or Harriette, but when the school called to tell them Adonis was suspended for three days due to what happened, the conversation was brought to him. While he was obviously in trouble for what he did, his parents did explain that it was only partially his fault and that his magic was just bubbling to the surface and that he shouldn't worry. It was at that point that Adonis somewhat pulled back in his muggle studies and learned more and more about the wizarding world. Not long after him Aphrodite and Apollo followed soon by having their magic kick in and by the time Adonis was twelve and the twins were eleven, it was time for all three to start their first year at Hogwarts after earning an acceptance letter each.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Model: Wong Yuk Hei [ Lucas ]
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
Half-blood with no notable relations.
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
No special abilities.
6) What year is your character in?
7) The Sorting Hat has been known to take house preference into consideration. If your character could select one house they believe they are best suited for, what would it be and why?
Personally Adonis doesn't think he necessarily fits into one specific house more than the others. Nor is there a house he wouldn't want to be in.
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.
12 total/2 exotics/1 expansion
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?