1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each. Adrian Leon Jackson wasn't always the man that he is today. Once a more reserved young boy who didn't enjoy making connection to anyone else but his twin brother Amborse, Adrian was pegged as the more calmer and patient one of the two. His life was one big contradiction considering he both wanted to be told apart from his brother but, not wanting to warm up to anyone else. For Adrian, it was quite difficult being a twin since he wasn't to sure how to tell the difference between who he actually was and the one being people normal grouped the two boys together in. Not to say he resented his twin in any way because of this but, it didn't cause Adrian to spend more time in his own head rather than focusing on the here and now. This, as apposed to his brother, caused Adrian to develop a more thoughtful way of thinking and would much rather think situations through rather than act on impulse. Furthermore, it also helped the young boy to learn to read others emotions and be empathetic to them, despite his rather reserved nature.
Now, as an adult, Adrian is much more sure of himself and is quite proud of the person he has become. Not to say he is overly confident but, Adrian has no qualms standing up for himself and for those who find themselves unable to do so. He's courageous and doesn't fret to push himself into change though, he is still uses his head and carefully plans anything that he chooses to do - dangerous or not. Those who are acquainted with this young man, would know that he also has a strong moral core that is quite difficult to sway in the slightest bit. Another notable trait of Adrian's is his strong and unbreakable loyalty to the people he's deemed deserving of it. He'll always give people the benefit of the doubt but, this is not to be mistaken as Adrian being a push over. He well aware of his own self worth and will say what needs to be said if he has to do so.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each. Christoff Jackson was a regular muggle who worked as a contractor in Durham, England to make a living and supporting his newly married wife, Mary-Ann. The two were a young couple with no thought of the magical world, or of Christoff's ancestry that would play a role in their future. The two had been trying to have children for three years with no luck, going through infertility treatments and trying to figure out why Mary-Ann couldn't get pregnant. The doctors couldn't figure out why her body wasn't accepting a baby, and eventually, the couple decided to adopt, only for Mary-Ann to get pregnant.
9 months later she gave birth to healthy twins, two little boys whom she named Ambrose and Adrian. Ambrose was born 1 minute earlier than Adrian, making him the oldest twin. But unfortunately, after she gave birth to them, the doctors told her she wouldn't be able to have any more children. Mary-Ann and Christoff didn't mind this as much, now that they had their two little bundles of joy to care for and raise.
Adrian and Ambrose were typical muggle children, raised in a middle-class family in England by loving parents and taught everything children needed to know. They were sent off to school, had their one or two friends and personalities and interests like everyone else their age. They grew and developed normally, but the two were really two peas in a pod. They hardly spoke to anyone outside of themselves, save for one or two best friends they had, but even then they always stayed together.
This lasted up until they had their first magical experience when they were seven, which was an extreme shock to their parents and the boys. Ambrose and Adrian were playing with some kids at their house while their parents were having a party to celebrate Christoff's promotion at work, and the two boys were being bullied by an older kid when they both somehow used their magic to sew the bully's mouth shut and send him flying across the yard. They were scared of what they had done, sending panic throughout the party-goers and their parents.
Thankfully a ministry worker appeared almost immediately to tend to the damage of the kid and obliviate the memories of the party-goers, sending everyone home and taking the time to sit down with the twin's parents to talk about what had happened. Christoff and Mary-Ann were a little hesitant at first, not completely understanding what was going on but if this ministry worker, whatever that meant, was telling them that their children were normal and that this happened more then they thought, then they should at least give them a chance.
Over the next few years the parents, with the help of ministry workers, were able to slowly be introduced into the magical world and their kids had the aid of some private tutors to teach them about magic and Hogwarts and so many other things that were odd and seemed unimaginable. When the boys turned 11 they were sent off to Hogwarts after receiving their letter, thriving within the walls of the magical school and being thrown into a world that they had heard so much about and were finally being able to experience it to it's fullest.
While the boys were away at school, the parents were able to find out through some ancestry work done by a few ministry workers that Christoff was a descendant of the Merlin. It seemed that one of Merlin's offspring married a half-blood, and as the years went on muggles were introduced into the line before it died out and became purely muggle. Christoff didn't know what to think of this but was able to grasp a little bit and understand a piece of what he was being told.
Unfortunately, word had gotten out about his ancestry and a few pure-bloods in the upper class grew furious to learn that the famous Merlin had muggle descendants who soiled his good name and now had children at Hogwarts furthering to soil the magical name. A few radical ones took justice into their own hands, going in the night to the Jackson's home to kill the parents and hopefully the children. The parents were hurt, but an auror or two were able to stop the wizards before anything permanent was done. They were arrested and thrown into Azkaban for the attempted murder of muggles, and the parents were tended to and again had to be told some more things about the wizarding world.
The boys heard about what had happened and grew to hate pure-bloods and some wizards, thinking that they were radical and horrible for trying to kill their parents solely because they were muggles and descendants of Merlin. Somehow this hatred grew between the boys and in 3rd year, they had this horrible bitter rivalry with each other, always fighting and bickering and trying to one-up each other. It only lasted until 5th year where they came back together and grew close again, also opening up an opportunity for Adrian to come out to Ambrose that he was gay.
The two went through Hogwarts smoothly after their 5th year, both of them gaining exceptional grades and graduating with high marks and at the top of their class. They didn't mean to make a statement, but somehow they did with earning high marks as muggle-borns who were thrown into the magical world. They were able to secure some jobs after graduating, with Ambrose going to be a Curse-Breaker for Gringotts and Adrian pursuing his love for spells and magic by becoming a Spell-Weaver.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Face Claim: Michael Yerger
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!) Muggle Born
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) N/A
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher? Spell Weaver
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs. 6 Active 0 Exotics
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?