Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Han Jae is an introvert, preferring to stay out of the limelight, and having few friends. He is a people watcher, and is pretty highkey nosy, although he doesn’t typically like talking to people. If at the end of the day, he needs to talk to others to figure out a story, he’ll do it. If not, he’ll just eavesdrop like heck. He isn’t a stutterer, but he does get red if he talks to someone for a long enough time. Although he isn’t arrogant, Han Jae does typically think he is above other people, by intellect or observation. He can be wary, but isn’t outwardly so. When it comes to magic, he isn’t the greatest. Actually, he tends to barely make the grades required. Magic seems to be a harder concept for him to get, no matter how much he tries. He guesses it may be his lack of concentration.
He typically has a quiet disposition, and generally may look a little sad, although he always delights in the gossip of others. Not that he gossips, he is just the recipient of gossip. A wallflower like him can’t help but just soak information like a sponge. He is very logical, and can be judgmental. He isn’t particularly friendly, but he isn’t straight up closed off either.
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Ahn Taejoon and his wife, Ahn Hyojoo, were your average muggles. Kind of, anyways. While Ahn Taejoon worked for the Korea Herald, Ahn Hyojoo worked for the National Intelligence Service(NIS). Their jobs clashed, but the two made a perfect, happy couple. Two years into the marriage, they had a son, named Han Jae. The first few years were good, what with no magic. Han Jae grew very close to his parents, a reserved child from the beginning.
When Han Jae was six, two very important things happened. One, He received his first sign of magic. Two, his mother went missing. Hyojoo had gone on an undisclosed mission, promising to be back in a few months. During these few months gone, Han Jae had been with his father at work, where he continually watched his father’s superior belittle his work. Taejoon was a hard worker with good columns, but they never seemed to be on pair with his hateful boss. Han Jae grew tired of watching this, wishing his father’s boss’ pants would just fall down so he could stop acting like a big man. To his surprise, he watched as the boss’ belt grew loose, and his pants fell down,leaving him in drawers. The boss was furious, but it was a good moment for father and son. What Han Jae didn’t know, was how it would later affect their relationship.
After a few months were up, the NIS officially told the family that Hyojoo had gone missing, and to thus assume her dead. The boy and father duo despaired, and Taejoon vowed to find his wife, whom he believed alive. Meanwhile, more odd occurrences started cropping up surrounding Han Jae. Taejoon was so hyper focused on finding his wife, that he never really noticed. Actually, he was so hyper focused he ended up getting himself fired, which was fine by him. He’d found a lead in New York, and thus planned to chase it anyways.
This is how Taejoon and Han Jae ended up moving to the U.S. when the boy was about eight. Taejoon tried to crack his wife’s relation to the U.S. military, meanwhile getting a job at The New Yorker, helped by his ability to speak english. When Han Jae was about ten, all of their hope that Hyojoo was alive left. Taejoon discovered that Hyojoo had been on a joint operation with the americans to infiltrate north korea, and that someone within the team had given them up. For a year, Hyojoo had been kept in a North Korean prison, until her death by malnutrition and torture. Taejoon tried to print his wife’s story, feeling the issue should be brought to life. After many rejections, The Huffington Post begrudgingly posted his wife’s story. Unfortunately, no one seemed to care, and the story didn’t get the coverage it deserved.
After spending so many years researching his wife, Taejoon found it hard to transition to anything else. What helped was his son’s quirky incidents. At first, Taejoon thought they were random bits of luck, but when Han Jae managed to unshred a news story he wa working on, it seemed apparent something was off with his kid. He started investigating into his son, instead writing a piece on children behavior. He was close to finishing his new big project when they received a letter from the Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Everything was alas explained about his son. He wanted to post the story of his magical kid, but of course, most people would just call him a loon and laugh him off. His two failures of projects brought Taejoon to take a hiatus from journalism.
Meanwhile, Han Jae took on the job as journalist. He wasn’t one at first, but by his second year, Han Jae had already become a writer for the school paper. At first, he covered serious topics in the school, and was quite good. When he told his now drunkard dad, however, he received nothing but contempt. “Serious journalism leads you to nowhere,” Taejoon said. “Journalism is a pathetic profession and you should quit while you're at it, before you make my mistake,” Taejoon said. Thoroughly discouraged, Han Jae quit his passion. It had been the only thing he enjoyed about school. He became a loner and a wallflower, collecting information with no purpose.
Eventually, his father decided to move them to Dublin, where an old friend from high school lived. The old friend had a young son of eight, with the same problem as Han Jae- magic. The two had been close enough to stay in contact, and had one day told Taejoon the weird things that happened to his son, in hopes that the information paper he had once been writing would help. Instead, he found out early about magic, and got a decent friend to bring a role model (Han Jae) for his own kid to start learning about magic. Taejoon didn’t see an issue in moving; Han Jae was friendless as far as he knew, and he himself had nothing to hold onto but a bar and a job as a car dealer. Thus it is how Han Jae came to be transferred to hogwarts.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) muggle born
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!) nah
11) What year is your character in? 6th
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
:C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
:B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? 10 chars, 1 exotic o.o
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
Number of A's:2
Number of B's:1
Number of C's:1
Number of D's:1