A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
- Ailiene is a sharp-minded individual who, like her father and mother, thinks quick on her feet and is highly intelligent. Known for being wise beyond her ages among the Griffith family, Ailiene runs on highly logical reasoning with small doses of emotional reasoning to accompany it. Because of this, she is generally a very efficient person when it comes to completing tasks she puts her mind to and getting over losses or struggles. This also encourages her to be less judgmental, as her emotions aren't the main energy behind her thoughts.
- Ailene's a very particular person, highly organized and well put together. She's very practical and reasonable, and with good persuasion using strong logic, you could very well convince her to do anything as long as it's ethical. On the other hand, she's highly talented at reading people, and it's not just because she's a legilimens. Being able to detect the quirks and little things that people do when they're lying or conflicted makes it incredibly easy for her to pick up on people's intentions, almost like she's reading their mind without actually doing it.
- Also similar to her father, Ailene's comprehension skills far surpass her age. She soaks up knowledge like a sponge and is able to easily apply it to situations which makes learning things like routines and spells easy and efficient. What she makes up in intelligence, she lacks in charisma. While she's generally a friendly person and easy to get along with, she isn't as charismatic as some of her siblings. Although not as charismatic, she is certainly skilled with words and deals with the mind and it's inner-workings, resulting in her manipulation capabilities.
- A loyal persona, Ailiene is particularly strong in her relationships but will always do what's best logical wise, even if it means possible betrayal. Even then, she'll weigh her options and if it comes to that, she will act on it. She's not one for hesitation, once she has a plan, she's immediate to set it into motion. Since she's not very in key with her emotions, she often doesn't know how to feel about events half the time. Sometimes she feels very out of loop with other people around her and emotionally isolated, especially due to her innate lack of empathy.
- Despite this, Ailiene is always willing to lend a helping hand, especially if it's to tutor. She loves sharing all the knowledge she gains with other people, and sharing information is one of her favorite past times. Even if she isn't sharing information, she loves sharing with people in general. It's a way for her to emotionally connect with others that she can't really do on her own. And she's always up for helping, always. It's one of the less logical aspects of her personality that make her more human and less robot. Her hindrances in sympathy don't stop her from trying to step in to relieve someone or comfort them when they need it, even if she doesn't feel the same way they do or knows how to.
- Ailene has a natural confidence that seems to come as package deal with her intelligence. Chill and focused, she is always certain her abilities but not to the point that she seems conceited and will certainly not rub it anyone's face. In fact, she tries her hardest not to. While she isn't necessarily a leader, she's not afraid to step up and lead if need be and will certainly not let the dangers or the risk of a situation get to her when trying to find a solution. Ailene is generally very cheerful though, emotionally detached or not. It's rare to see her without a smile on her face and kind of radiates this weird aura of happiness. While her charisma isn't the highest, she'll gladly wave to you if you're passing by or exchange a short "hi".
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
- Jaden Griffith was truly the brightest wizard of his generation. Descended from the Shacklebolt family, with pure blood, and a natural affinity for leadership, Jaden was sharp-minded and ambitious, always focused on a goal and always determined to accomplish it. That's why it was surprising to everyone who knew him, that he ended up marrying Kara Lovngooth, a fellow pure-blood who was quite the opposite of Jaden, at least, personality wise. She was just as strong as Jaden was in magic, and was even agiler when it came to quick-thinking, but unlike him, she was an extremely reckless individual as a teenager.
- Before marrying Kara, he had been dating another girl in Seventh year named Sierra Tygress, which he had discussed marriage with. Strangely enough, just two weeks before their graduation, Sierra and Jaden broke up. Kara, influenced by her parents, saw an opportunity for more wealth, and more importantly, power and sought after Jaden's attention. She got it successfully, and two years later, they were wed in June. During this time, Jaden had joined the Ministry of Magic and quickly rose to a high position under the Department of Technological Advancement.
- Jaden remained in the department for two decades, eventually rising to head in his seventh year and later retired thirteen years later. Meanwhile, his wife, Kara became a Transfiguration professor at Hogwarts for a decade, and then became an Auror, the current job she still holds today. Three years into their marriage, the two began talking about children and had their first child a year later.
- Somewhere down the road, Kara began getting bored with Jaden and her family, and had some flings here and there, which resulted in two more children who she gave off to adoption services, unwilling to let Jaden discover her unfaithfulness.
- Since Ailene was born, it was obvious she was destined to do something great. Bright and cheerful, as Ailene grew, you could clearly see Jaden's intelligence and wit in her. Among her siblings, she was quite the scholar, even at a young age. Naturally, for such an accomplished young girl, she had her first magical occurrence at age six, being an early bloomer. As her family was known for being natural talents at magic, Ailene wanted to get a head start by studying some of her siblings' textbooks and caused the lights in the house to flicker for several minutes.
- Just a week later, she discovered her natural born legilimens abilities. It started with the headaches and voices and the complaining and after a year of it, her parents looked into it, taking her to St. Mungo's on the claim that she might possibly have Schizophrenia. It turns out, she was fine but her abilities had acted up right after her magic showed up. They were advised to hire someone to help train her. By the time she got to Hogwarts, she was able to decently control her powers, but constant use led to terrible migraines and having everyone's thoughts in her head for hours and maybe days.
- Besides that, she was quite eager to expand on her magical abilities and was naturally ecstatic for Hogwarts. When she arrived as a first year, she was quick to show her brilliance to the teachers and her fellow students. And as she continued throughout Hogwarts, she only grew and became more intelligent.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
- Zuri Tibby.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
- Pure-blood from the Griffith family.
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
- She's a legilimens.
6) What year is your character in?
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
Picking up on things fairly quickly and observing.
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
Anything that keeps her isolated for extremely long periods of time. That's something she couldn't take.
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
'Their desire to be successful and bring something innovative to the Wizarding Society.
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?
- Walnut - Intelligent, Innovative
- Dragon Heartstring - Precision and Power in Spellcasting
OOC: Can she be both Legilimens and Occulumens or would those count as two different exotic skills?
Okay, so... I did a bit of research, and looked through old notes and forums, and was able to reach a general idea as to how to approach Ailene's abilities.
- Right now, Ailene is way too young to be a skilled legilimens, let alone a skilled legilimens who is currently learning how to do occlumency. If you still want to do both, I suggest you take out all traces of occlumency and wait until she's older and more experienced to learn it from someone experienced. As talented as a wizard may be, it is taught by an expert. It's not something learnt individually. Especially at the ripe age of thirteen.
- Legilimency and occlumency would could as two different exotic abilities. While it is allowed, it is not encouraged. Even my own character, Evangeline Selwyn, who happens to be a professor and the current Headmistress, is regularly monitored in order to ensure she doesn't become OP. Likewise, it's very tricky to RP these kinds of characters: they become easily exhausted when using their powers and face repercussions that can last up to days. (Migraines, vomiting, nausea, stomachaches, etc.) Remember they're putting a strain on their mind by creating mental barriers and/or infiltrating the mind, memories and emotion of another human being.
- If Ailene was truly born with legilimency, then her powers must a) be uncontrollable, and b) have surfaced at the same age magic would normally manifest (6 - 7). Because she's so young, without the aid of an expert it's almost impossible to control them. Take a look at Hekate Sayre. She still has little control of her abilities despite having them for years. If Ailene got them as recently as she did, the chances of having control over them are close to none. Even if these abilities surfaced as a young witch, many difficulties would still be present.