Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Alabama has quite the complex personality, which doesn't come as a surprise considering she has Histrionic Personality Disorder. She developed this quite early on in her life as a result of being spoiled by her parents and getting everything she wanted.
Alabama has an unhealthy obsession with being the center of attention. She will do almost anything to get people to look at her, whether it be through her dramatics or overly provocative behavior. She will even go as far as faking an illness to garner attention. Anything that gets people to look at her, really.
Alabama has a low tolerance for delayed gratification and has the tendency to make rash, impulsive decisions if it means getting what she wants. She wasn't always such a nightmare. In fact, HPD pretty much took over her life once she started displaying symptoms. It made her the attention-seeking, self-obsessed brat she appears to be now.
Alabama has trouble maintaining relationships, whether they be romantic or not. Either she'll get bored of the person or they will get fed up with her rash, over the top behavior. Alabama has never told anyone about her disorder because she is afraid of what people will think of her. She'd rather just be the brat it's made her.
Alabama is a pathological liar. It originally started off as a bad habit she had with little white lies about her past, but eventually escalated into her changing her whole life story. But as they say, once you tell a lie enough times it eventually becomes a truth.
She is merely a troubled girl who's lost in the thrill of life and sometimes needs to be brought back to reality. If you manage to get past her dramatics and understand she can't help the way she acts, Alabama will always be loyal to you through thick and thin. Alabama is an ENTP.
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
"There's not that too much to it really. My name's Alabama Grace Withers, born and raised in Queens, New York. I guess you could say both my parents were rockstars. My dad was the lead guitarist in a heavy metal band that ended up selling out a full house at Madison Square Garden. My mom was an R&B artist and she did pretty well too. Music was kind of our thing, I guess. Well, that is until I was 8. My parents were on their way back from an awards show in Australia when their plane got lost at sea- never to be found. From there I got put in an orphanage and have lived there ever since. Never once got considered for adoption, but who really cares? Sometimes I miss my parents, but maybe I'm stronger without them."
Or at least, that's what Alabama likes to tell people. In fact, her birth name isn't even Alabama. Perfectly ordinary Doris Grace Withers was born on November 2 to perfectly ordinary Ela and Brett Withers in perfectly ordinary Auburn, Nebraska. She had quite a boring childhood, really. Doris decided to change her name to Alabama when she was only 7 years old. She absolutely hated the name Doris. She found it absolutely repulsive.
Her father was the mayor of the city so her family did have a good bit of money compared to others in the small town, so Alabama was always a spoiled child. She got everything she wanted and was never told no. While Alabama liked getting what she wanted, it wasn't enough. Sure she could have any toy she wanted, but she wanted more than just materials. She wanted her parents to show her love through more than just money.
Years and years of this caused her to develop Histrionic Personality Disorder. She began to act out in school in attempts to grasp her parents attention. Her mother was the first to notice her behavior and habits were changing. She had become much more dramatic and emotional than she used to be.
Of course, dramatics should be expected from 10 year old girls, however Alabama's were so bad that she once went so far as running away from home when being grounded for acting out in school. Ela took her daughter to a psychiatrist only for her to be diagnosed with HPD.
HPD is a personality disorder identified by a pattern of exaggerated attention seeking emotions and actions. Ela and Brett were quick to realize it was their mistake that had caused this. They blamed themselves for not giving Alabama the love and attention she needed at such a vulnerable age, however it was too late.
This was about that time that she received her Hogwarts letter. This made things even more complicated. How were Ela and Brett meant to mend the relationship with their daughter if she was going to go to school an ocean away? It came to a shock to both Ela and Brett that Alabama was a witch, however they couldn't not let her go.
Alabama showed various small signs of magic at an early age ranging from floating objects at her will to piano keys playing themselves. She had told her parents about these happenings, however they always brushed it off thinking she just had a wild imagination- how wrong they were.
Words can't describe how excited Alabama was to go to Hogwarts. She felt it was a second chance to start over as whoever she wanted to be- and start over she did. She became a whole new person going into Hogwarts. Alabama started taking medication for her disorder right before she left for Hogwarts, however she started taking it less and less once arriving. She simply didn't like the way it made her feel.
Nowadays, Alabama is rarely on her medication which causes her to act out more than she usually would and lack more self control than normal. Ela and Brett are unaware of the lies and person she pretends to be at Hogwarts. In fact, they believe their daughter is getting better. In reality, the only thing she's getting better at is covering up the truth. Alabama's case is only worsening and her need for attention is increasing.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Alabama's model is Bea Miller.
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) Alabama is a Muggle-Born Witch.
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!) Alabama has no special abilities.
11) What year is your character in? Alabama is in her 4th Year at Hogwarts.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry) No preference.
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises) No preference.
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? I have seven other characters, one of which is exotic.
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below. CST -6
Number of A's: 0
Number of B's: 4
Number of C's: 1
Number of D's: 0