A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Strengths: passionate, driven, loyal, committed, ambitious
Weaknesses: gets bored easily, thinks in black and white, rude, machiavellian, insensitive
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
*Be capable of living without magic because having magic is too much of a privelige, she thinks.
*Work at NASA because she wants to be an astronaut.
*Find her balance between the muggle and magical worlds because she can't just stop being a witch.
*Go to muggle college because she thinks she needs it.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Sleep. Sleep. More sleep. Eat maybe one meal? Sleep some more. I don't know, she's tired all the time. But, I guess part of her perfect day is knowing that everything on her to-do list is checked off and done, or she wouldn't be able to sleep at all. Throw in breathing properly and not having an emotional breakdown somewhere in the mix.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
*A not empty bank account
These are all necessities. There isn't really more of an explanation than that. Aleks isn't especially sentimental, not because she's thoughtless but because she hasn't got anything in her possession that has an intense amount of significance.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
She wants everyone to stop being so reliant on magic, but she doubts that'll happen, so, whatever. Be the change you want to see and all that, but is it really going to happen? After her past and just generally things she noticed about the lack of integration of muggle things and magic things, she just really respects the non-magic people of the world for getting it this far without any fancy powers.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
Slytherin or Hufflepuff. Strange combo, but it's either ambition or hard work, both of which traits she values highly. She doesn't have any house she wouldn't want to be in particularly.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Aleks is very particular about hard work and making it far in life. Being incredibly ambitious, she just wants to achieve something and be recognized as someone successful in both the muggle and magical world. She has too many things to do and too little time. This often results in not sleeping at night but a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do, right? It also helps that she doesn't like sleeping much, more often than not she dreams about things she really doesn't want to be dreaming about.
Above all, Aleks considers her number one talent to be off-ing her feelings. She hates getting emotional over things, and it is ridiculous how hard she'll deny certain emotions of hers. Aleks? Sad and mourning the death of the parents she loved very, very much? Pfffffft. Not a chance. Whenever anything threatens to make her feel any sort of vulnerable, it's off to work she goes! Studying, tinkering with something, playing Quidditch, the possibilities are endless. She doesn't even need to be good at what she's doing to make feelings go away. It's not that she's a robot or anything, she just doesn't want to talk about or do anything that might make her cry. She's tired of that, so it happens that things bore her easily if they're not distracting enough.
The muggle world presents a challenge to her. Ever since she first got a feel of it, she's wanted to succeed in it as well. The stars interest her greatly so she wants to do something like work in NASA. In all honesty, she thinks it'd be pretty cool if she lived life as a muggle
because magic didn't save her parents anyway!, and hopes to go to muggle college. Her uncle's a Math teacher so she gets tutored and reads a lot over break, a testament to how much she wants to know all this.
Finally, she's rather quiet, but easily adapts to situations she's in. Whoever she's talking to, she'll find common ground. She's charming like that, but at the same time, go against her moral code and she might be rude in calling you out, and the image she has of you might be damaged forever. However, glimpses of her real personality will always surface, and that's the fighty girl who never gives up, talks fast and occasionally knocks over things with excessive use of hand gestures.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Artem and Nastya Tereshchenko, the pure-blood arranged marriage match made in heaven. They fell in love after cheating on their respective betrotheds with each other as an act of rebellion, eventually they sabotaged all chances at a happy marriage with both of their pre-chosen spouses, and after it was all done they decided that they should probably just marry each other. They're in love, they're great at scheming, their parents would be happy with a pure-blood match, and they'd have attractive children. Win, win, win, win.
They had Aleksandra a year after they got married. Her magical accidents were very helpful growing up. They always involved fixing things that were broken. It was very handy. If you just put her in the general area as something that wasn't working, she'd get annoyed and in an instant it'd be fine. She was a very well-behaved kid, much to the chagrin of her troublemaker parents, but she had a loud and wild side that came out every once in a while, much to her parents' delight. She started attending Durmstrang at eleven, and she mostly faded into the background, every once in a while surprising people with how good she is at various things.
At the age of thirteen, the unthinkable happened while she was at school. Her parents were shot by a muggle while they were in a public place. It was horrible and apparently took them entirely be surprise. Aleks came home, was sent to live with her aunt and uncle, and wore black the entire summer, not wanting to go outside.
She moved to London with her squib aunt and muggle uncle. A month or so before her first day at Hogwarts, Aleks not-so-healthily decided that emotions had an Off Switch and just stopped feeling. Not literally, of course but, the parameters include this: no talking about her parents' death, and any time she thinks about it, even in the slightest, she needs to do something to get her mind off it. More often than not, that happens to be muggle school work.
Living with her aunt, she was immersed into the muggle world for the first time. It was beautiful to her how muggles could go on without any magic. (Slightly more bitter thoughts: how they could just kill with no magic.) Ever since, she's been trying to be more muggle. Not that she's forgetting the magic side of her, just that she wants to be able to survive if ever it's taken away from her one day. Always needing a distraction from her parents' death, she picked up a variety of skills pretty quickly including cooking, Mathematics (her uncle is a teacher), and singing along to Muggle music.
Now, she's in Hogwarts. Hopefully she won't fade completely into the background this time.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Dark hair, dark eyes, her model will be Antonina Vasylchenko.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) Pure-blood.
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) None.
6) What year is your character in? 4th
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into. Everyone must answer!)
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
A) This is my first character. On this account, yeah.
B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
- a george a day keeps the doctor away. 15:31, January 24, 2017 (UTC)