A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- + smart, sweet, means well
- reckless, emotional train-wreck, insecure
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
- She actually wants to play professional quidditch, following into her parents' footsteps.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
- Considering you said ideal, and didn't specify whether or not it could be doable, Alena would definitely spend it with her parents, just... spending time with them. Getting to know them, you know? Be their daughter. Even if she had to lose them at the end of the day again, she just wants a single day where they can be the family they never had the chance to be.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- A stuffed bear her father gave her the day she was born.
- A picture of her with her grandfather, on a trip they took to Disneyland Paris.
- Her locket, with a picture of her mother and father on each side.
- Her mother's ballerina slips.
- Her rose gold flower ring, which was actually her mother's.
- Her father's lucky broom. He won his first game with the German National Quidditch Team with it.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
- She isn't sure yet, seeing as she's barely caught a few glimpses of it.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
- She wouldn't mind.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
- Alena is quite possibly one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. She's very bubbly, and there's hardly a moment where she isn't smiling. She always minds her manners and is easily one of the most polite people you'll ever meet. Please's and thank you's aren't foreign to her, and she always, always, always uses them. She's nice by default, and there's no way you'll ever get in her bad graces. She's very forgiving, maybe dangerously so, and often wears her heart on her sleeve. Nonetheless, she'll readily stand up to anyone for the sake of her friends and family.
- Alena's life is a mess. Seriously, her life is a shit-show. She doesn't know how to keep herself together, and snaps really easily, especially when she's under pressure. If it's one of those days, you might find her on the floor, eating her stress away like a pig while crying. It's not easy being a Schmidt, let alone the daughter of the one that royally fucked up all the time. Expectations run high all the time wherever a Schmidt is involved, and she just doesn't know how to cope with it. It's a stretch to call her emotionally stable, when she's a minefield, but to her credit, she does a marvelous job at hiding it.
- As someone that's riddled with insecurities and anxiety, Alena questions everything about herself all the time, while simultaneously trying to ensure nobody else falls down the same rabbit hole. She's always showering others with compliments, regardless of whether or not she believes them; it's like they say - if you keep the lie simple and say it enough times, you'll start believing it. Nonetheless, she usually has others' best interests in mind and usually does what she can to make sure they find comfort in her presence.
- Alena has to admit; she's the "idk what i'm doing but i like it" kind of person. Not a single thing in her life goes according to plan, so she's kind of just... given up on that. She's reckless, and honestly not a single thing she does is premeditated. Has she gotten in trouble for it? Many times. And it's a dangerous thing to combine with this incessant need to just please everyone, all the time. She's a people-pleaser. And she hates it. But knowing she did something that someone else didn't like just really, really haunts her, you know?
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
- Alena found herself orphaned at a very young age - she wasn't even born, and she'd already lost her father. The infamous Ansel Schmidt, seeker of the German National Quidditch Team as well as the Heilderberg Harriers and later on the Montrose Magpies. One of Emily and Derrick Schmidt's sons, and arguably one of the more popular members of the Schmidt Empire. He was a wild one, usually with several drinks at hand, and you'd see him with a different woman every week. One of the women he met was Adriana DeWitt. She was starkly different to Ansel; she was his total opposite. Nobody had expected them to tolerate each other, let alone conceive a baby.
- Admittedly, it's not like they'd had a relationship or anything of the sort. Adriana's focus was her team and being a good ballet coach, whilst Ansel had something along the lines of a relationship with fellow teammate Roderica Fuerst and the World Cup to focus on. But it had happened, and a child was born out of that one-time thing - Alena DeWitt-Schmidt. She was a surprise, but not an unpleasant one, at the very least. Ansel was preparing himself to be a good father despite the media's predictions, and Adriana was preparing herself to birth and mother the love of her life. It's a pity neither one of them were able to make their biggest dreams come true.
- Ansel was the first one to die, though certainly not the Schmidts. His father's death was still a very recent event, and the "loss" of his brother Aeron was still felt. Although he was blessed enough to hold his daughter, just hours after her birth, it was the only time he'd ever see her, touch her, hold her. He went missing that day, and his body was discovered a week and a half later, littered with black and blue bruises and a deep cut in his torso, as if he'd been stabbed. His death had been ruled a mugging gone wrong, and that had been the end of it, despite the public's insistence that there had been more to it.
- Alena lost her mother the summer after her birth. A new strain of Scrofungulus had emerged, taking down a portion of the British wizarding society. Not many had survived, Adriana included. Because her parents were now dead, her custody went to her maternal granddad, Rhys DeWitt. He maintained sole custody until she was approximately six years old, though he was kind enough to take her to Germany as often as he could, to visit the few Schmidt relatives that were still alive. There was her Aunt Sadie , her Uncle Aeron, her Aunt Blake, the plethora of cousins, and of course her Uncle Edmund, who still lived in the UK.
- When she was six, Rhys went missing. It's like he'd dropped off the face of the Earth. Time went on, and any and every lead the aurors had ran cold. Rather than sending her to Lil Bundles, though, Alena was sent to live with Sadie, who was arguably the only one ready to become her guardian. Aeron continued to be Aeron, Blake had enough on her plate with her own demons, Edmund was still being a prat, and there was just no better option. She was shipped off to Germany, where she finally, finally, finally experienced magic firsthand, summoning her cousin EQ's broom. It wasn't a surprise when they discovered she had magic, nor that she was a bomb quidditch player. She did have Schmidt blood in her.
- At the age of nine began discussions about which school of magic she'd be going to. Her oldest cousin - Leyla - was going to Durmstrang, but Sadie insisted Hogwarts School was a much better option. Those conversations were long, but Leyla ultimately attended Durmstrang, whereas she and her cousin EQ would be going to Hogwarts, like Sadie. She kind of expected it; she had a right to go to Durmstrang, having German blood, but Hogwarts was where her grandfather had wanted her to go, and she had threatened to fight tooth and nail to get there if they refused to let her honor her granddad's one wish. So here she is now, waiting for her acceptance letter to Hogwarts, ready to take the school by storm side by side with her cousins.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
- She's a half-blood witch, related to the DeWitt & Schmidt families.
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
- Incoming first year
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
- 13/2 or something like that