A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Stars
- B. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Ever since he was born, Alexander has been very troublesome. He's a big fan of practical jokes, so it isn't rare to hear him getting into an argument with any of his siblings or getting in trouble with his parents because of something he and/or Jay did. He might grow out of it at one point or another, but his constant need to be the "funny guy" or the "cooly guy" outweighs any and every other logic of his. He wants to be liked by everyone and to make people have a good time. How he does it exactly isn't one of his biggest concerns. Sometimes he'll go to greater lengths, other times he'll do something tamer. He often tends to cater his jokes to the kind of person he's with, but he's still the kind of person that struggles to understand why some things hurt people and other things don't. Feelings overall are something he struggles with. As it is, he isn't very expressive with his, and most of it has to do with the kind of content he watched growing up. While his parents often tried purging all inappropriate content from his belongings - which they mostly succeeded with - Alex is eerily good at finding stuff. Especially if it's stuff he shouldn't have. Most of his comics and the old cartoon discs he finds in stores, he buys with spare change he finds around the house (or outright steals from his siblings).
They aren't necessarily very bad, but because they're so old, it's got Alex a little confused on how to 'behave'. He isn't by any means a bad kid, but his comics have led him to believe he needs to have a more 'macho' personality. Expressing emotions is for wimps, love is for girls, he needs to have bruises and be proud of it, etc. To his credit, he's always been very receptive to what his father says and does and has tried to emulate that to a certain extent, but most of the problems he's likely to develop growing up come from the material he's been ingesting from an early age. With this, though, comes a chivalry that's sort of become very hard to find. For someone who gets in trouble so often, Alex really does keep up with his please and his thank you, helping girls where he can with smaller things like opening doors and overall doing what he can to look out for people he thinks need it. He prides himself on being the poster Gryffindor boy. His courageousness tends to border the point of stupidity, though, as he seems to have no sense of self-preservation - especially if someone has 'challenged' him or he just feels like he needs to prove himself. He does care about his ego a lot for someone so young. Still, a lot of things fall by the wayside (understandably so, given he's just eight), so he has a lot to learn before he really gets into the brunt of his teenage years.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Born 06 March 2035, Alexander Mark Prince is the youngest son of Charity and Ash Prince and younger twin brother to Jeremiah Prince. Although he was a surprise, seeing as they'd only been trying for a third child and had remained mostly unsuccessful for some time, they were absolutely overjoyed about having another child. Following his birth, the family thrived. It wasn't surprising. Charity was once a healer employed at St. Mungo's who retired to become a stay-at-home mother and raise her kids, whereas Ash was (and still is) a prominent figure in the British economy as a booming businessman. For the most part, Alexander had the world at his fingertips, not once feeling like he needed or wanted something he couldn't have. Nonetheless, his parents did ensure he was raised in an environment that fostered the same kindness, love, and work ethic his parents value. Like they did with his older siblings Jonathan and Aria, they didn't want neither Jeremiah or Alexander to grow up thinking they deserved it all without a bit of effort, hence why, growing up, Alexander was taught of the weight of his responsibilities, however 'silly' they may have been to a grown adult.
As a baby, Alexander wasn't easy, and when paired with Jeremiah, they were a force to be reckoned with. It was as though they did it on purpose, falling asleep & feeding at different intervals (consequently forcing their parents to stay awake for longer periods of time), fussing over the smallest things, etc. It seemed, no matter what they did, Alexander wouldn't be appeased. It wasn't until he was approximately one that he became a lot easier to manage, and only then it was because most of his energy went to waste in running around the house. He never did learn to walk... just run, and he hasn't stopped since. As time progressed, it became exceedingly clear he'd be a troublesome child. The troublesome two's didn't really stop even when he turned three, four, five, six - so on and so forth. With a plethora of cousins around his age, not to mention Jeremiah, he had the tendency to get very excited. He liked spending time with other kids - especially if he knew he could play practical jokes on them. Where, exactly, his and his brother's love for these jokes come from, nobody knows, but leading all the way into his Hogwarts years, it wasn't uncommon for Alex to get in trouble because of his pranks. Some were simply a nuisance, but there were times it took a lot of showering or cleaning to get rid of his and Jeremiah's trademark "symbol of doom."
To his credit, Alexander's first manifestation of magic was very tame. He doesn't really like looking back on it, just because it wasn't very representative of his explosive personality. He and his cousin Felicity, along with his twin brother, snuck into the art room of the Prince Castle, where they found an abandoned wand. Alexander was quick to take it and, when waving it (at the risk of plucking one of his brother or cousin's eyeballs), it sent sparks flying. Again, it was very small and nothing like what he expected it to be, so to this day, it's something he doesn't count as his first sign of magic. He went as far as to make Lissy and Jay promise they wouldn't tell anyone of what happened. He's eight now, knowing he's bound to get his Hogwarts letter within the next few years but waiting until he gets a more befitting manifestation of magic before he tells either of his parents about anything that transpired - or that he's a wizard at all.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Alexander shares a lot of similarities with both his parents. His hair color is the same tone as his mother's, but is a lot curlier than any of them. To this day, nobody is sure why it's so unruly, but by now Alexander has learned to manage it by holding it back with a bandana. His eyes resemble his father's more closely. They have the same expressive eyes and happy glint to them. Like both Charity and Ash, Alexander is quite taller than the average boy his age, already standing at 4'11. His faceclaim is Noah Jupe.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
Alexander is a pure-blooded wizard of the Prince and Bagman families.
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
He does not.
6) What year is your character in?
He is not yet a student. He's eight. I figured I should just put him through here already and resort if something big were to happen.
7) The Sorting Hat has been known to take house preference into consideration. If your character could select one house they believe they are best suited for, what would it be and why?
Alex would likely want to be in Gryffindor, but only because it seems like the 'strongest' and 'coolest' house.
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.
- 5/1 (Vampire)