A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- Alice's strengths are her extreme independence, her open-mindedness, and the four items of self-defense she has on her person at all times..
- Alice's weaknesses are her psychogenic aphonia, initial dislike of generally everyone, and her tendency to just stand off to the side.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
Alice hasn't really figured it out yet, but so far she wants to be a professional Seeker like her eomma Sadie or a powerful CEO like her mamulya Sveta or even a chess grandmaster like her pappa Matteus.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Alice's ideal free day is going out for an outing with her parents, devoid of any disturbances. With her eomma Sadie being a professional Quidditch player, they've always been bombarded by paparazzi and it really upsets Alice because they disrupt their family time.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- Her matching necklace with her parents
- Her wand
- Her sketchpad and pencils
- Her bag, with her items of self-defense
- Her noise-cancelling headphones
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
To be more quiet, honestly, and to keep their nose out of everyone else's business. She's seen her parents' privacies get invaded too many times to count.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
Alice doesn't have any preferences but she's kinda leaning more to either Gryffindor or Slytherin because of her mothers.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family. — mostly family
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!) Alice has a wickedly sharp bite, even in her written words, not to mention her habit of throwing shade and pouring tea at any given moment. Most of the time, she looks displeased at the entire world and how everyone is so noisy, fidgety and talkative. Alice doesn't do small talk for the reason that she really isn't interested in how the weather is doing nor how their sibling is so annoying. This is why she has her noise-cancelling headphones, to better ignore the people around her.
One thing about Alice is that she's an extreme sucker for food, a real foodie at heart. Give her food that she deems delicious and she'll consider you bearable. Feed her everyday, she'll start to love you. She doesn't really vocalise this but it's clear in her body language, especially a certain glint that would appear in her eyes whenever she'd see food she's particularly interested in. Not only that, Alice carries a lot of snacks and food on her person and is very reluctant on sharing any of her food unless you're one of the people she likes.
Alice has psychogenic aphonia, which means she can't use her voice even though her vocal chords are perfectly functional in the sense that she can still cough, laugh and among other things because of an underlying psychological reason. She doesn't want to talk about the reason behind the loss of her voice because it involved her biological parents and how she lost them. Only her adoptive parents know about this reason. If Alice ever confesses to someone about this topic, it means she trusts them very much because she's not one to give out trust easily.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!) Alice Cha-Vasilyeva-Naesheim was born Yoon Da-Yoon to Yoon Ji-Yeon and Yoon Hyo-Jeong, musicians and close friends of her future adoptive mothers Sadie Cha and Svetlana Vasilyeva and future adoptive father Matteus Naesheim. At a young age, she was gifted with an excellent singing voice, something her parents wanted to help nurture. While Dayoon wasn't that enthusiastic about singing, she does enjoy it and it does make her parents happy so she does it anyway. Both of her parents were magical as well, so when Dayoon started to show tiny bursts of magic, her parents began to tutor her on the basics of magic even though she wasn't old enough for a wand.
Dayoon grew up surrounded by music and magic, which explains her natural affinity towards music in general. By the time Dayoon was 6, she was already performing in several local singing competitions and winning most of them. The attention is a little suffocating, sure, but seeing her parents being really proud of her made it all worth it. Unfortunately, this scenario wasn't meant to last. When she was 8, Dayoon's parents and her voice were taken away from her when their car collided with a drunk driver on the way back from another singing competition. The last thing she heard were her parents' words of love to her and each other and the last words she ever spoke were 'help'.
According to her eomma Sadie, Dayoon was in a coma for five months while her parents had been announced dead on arrival. This broke Dayoon, especially since she wasn't even able to see her parents one last time nor even attend their funeral. The last nail on the coffin was when it was revealed that she would never be able to speak nor sing again. Dayoon could still remember Sadie, Sveta, and Matt embracing her as she cried herself to sleep, desperately clawing at her throat.
When Dayoon was discharged from the hospital, she was immediately adopted by Sadie and her partners Sveta and Matt per her request. The three were her last ties to her deceased biological parents and she doesn't want to be taken away from them by a couple of strangers. Taking on the legal name of Alice Da-Yoon Cha-Vasilyeva-Naesheim, she began her path to healing with her three new parents holding her hand along the way.
It's been three years since then and Dayoon, now Alice, had mastered two sign languages and writing quickly and with ease. She'll be entering Hogwarts soon, hoping to have a peaceful first year.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
She has psychogenic aphonia
6) What year is your character in?
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
11, 1 exotic, 3 inactive