A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Alina herself thinks that her skill in assassination is a strength. In reality, she still has things she can learn. Truth be told, she does not have strengths. She really doesn't. On the contrary, her feelings are her one true weakness. She knows this, which is why she plays down any feelings she has. Because if she were to expose her feelings... she would find herself in a vulnerable position, which is the last thing she wants to happen.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Not even the slightest bit. After it happened, her life has just been... nothing. She has no goals beyond just pure revenge. She wants her old life back, but the damage is done, which is why Alina appears happy with her life right now.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Free day? In her line of work, one doesn't take a day to themselves. Although, truth be told, she'd just lock her up in a room, and start writing in her diary. Yes, she keeps one.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Her wand, her diary, a pen, some money and a mirror. Her wand and money are givens to make it through a day. Her diary and a pen because of some sentimental value to her broken heart. And the mirror is purely to help with her physical appearance.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Her current self would say everything is perfect. Her old self would say that the Aurors should be faster about catching criminals.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Alina Delphini Rothschild entered the world on a rainy February 18th, 2005. She was born in Vilnius, Lithuania, to Wilhelm and Viltauté Rothschild. Wilhelm was a very wealthy businessman, and Viltauté was an equally wealthy woman.
Alina was destined for great things since her birth. Or at least, that is what her parents used to tell her. She was an obedient little girl, and somewhat spoiled, since she grew up around a lot of money. Well, of course, her parents controlled her allowance, so everything was kept in check.
Alina had everything she could wish for. A large bedroom, lots of things, everything a little girl could wish for. And in due time, came along her magic. At the age of 7, Alina had her sign of magic. It being turning her bed red. It weirded her out, but Wilhelm and Viltauté had fixed it later. And then they told of Alina and her magic.
In time, Alina was invited to two magical schools; Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. Since neither of her parents had graduated from Durmstrang, Alina chose Beauxbatons. Or well, her parents told her to choose Beauxbatons. Either way, they knew that Durmstrang was a wee bit... sketchy sometimes, and Alina wasn't going to fit in either way.
Alina was sorted in Bellefeuille, as she was quite smart. She found it the perfect fit and had made lots of friends over the years. She was an excellent student and did become a few professors' favorite, but it was nothing to her. She did really well in her OWLs, and she admittedly was repeatedly hearing she will do really well in the world. She only needed to keep doing what she did.
Except that was far from what was going to happen. During Christmas Break in her sixth year, Alina returned home... to find that someone broke into the house. She wandered in to find her father dead. She was seized by the murderers who also took her mother. Dragged into her room by force, Alina and her mother were.... well, I will not mention the word (for the sake of not going too far and causing some... bad feelings).
Alina was traumatized as a result, but not before she was knocked out stone cold and left to bleed to her death. The criminals made off with her mother in tow. Not too long afterward, a close friend of Alina's came to the house to find the devastating scene. Said friend immediately sent a patronus, and with due speed, came Healers and Aurors. Alina was taken to the magical hospital to be treated, while the Aurors started making work of the crime scene.
Since the happening, Alina had cut herself off from any signs of a social life. She was not the smiling and chipper girl she once was. She was different. She had changed forever.
Her academic prowess deteriorated, and thus she wasn't the excellent student she once was. She graduated with decent grades, but she only kept two O's versus the 4 she had on her OWLs. Nonetheless, after graduation, no one saw Alina. She had... disappeared. Gone off the grid. She left no indication of what happened either.
Some former friends of hers have claimed that... maybe she went on to find a better future. Others say she might have ended her life. Yet others say she assumed a brand new identity, which was perfectly possible, because Alina is a metamorphagus. The truth is... Alina had gone off the grid for a completely different reason.
What actually happened was... a year after her disappearance, she became hooked on the art of assassination. Driven by the trauma of what happened... and the revenge, after discovering her mother had died, she began to practice this. At age 21, Alina committed her first assassination. She killed a fellow who was close to the same murderers whom killed Alina's parents. She only got progressively better from there. But she kept an anonymous identity, via means of a constantly changing name and appearance.
Two years ago, her presence had been felt once more as she stopped hiding to make her way to Britain. She found herself in the interest of the Arcana Alliance, whom she became a member of in due time. Nowadays, she still assassinates, but for a great purpose than pure revenge. However, along with the ride, an uninvited guest may have taken to the surface again...
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Alina has a steel cold exterior, somewhat scarred by the things that have happened to her over the last few years. But deep down... she is softer than a sponge, and if you can get that far inside her heart... you'd be lucky to still even be alive. She doesn't trust people with her own heart; she has seen what that has done to people. Or at least, what it did to her. She tried to follow her heart, way back when she still had her life. Now, she doesn't have that life anymore.
She claims she doesn't cry, but bring back memories of the tragedy that was... and she'll never, ever talk again. Yes, she is suffering from PTSD, and it still haunts her to this very day; she has tried to not let it affect her, but it has, on a few occasions. However, that deeper drive for vengeance because of the memories is the reason why she refuses treatment. That and she'd just end up surrendering herself to authorities, something she doesn't want to happen. Not yet, anyway.
Deep down, Alina knows what she does is wrong, but there is nothing; better yet, no one, who can force her to change her mind. Even if it's just a spark... she won't follow. She won't be tempted. It's why those who have barely heard of her know her as a cold-blooded killer; because she is cold-blooded in the way she kills. She also barely leaves a mark, but when a mark is left... it's usually a signature. And it usually means she had to go out of her way to kill her target, which, while it is not common, happens every once in a while.
It'd take an eternity to get Alina as a friend these days; it is absurdly difficult to get her to warm up, and while it can be done... generally the only reaction from Alina is the cold shoulder. But while she may not show it... Alina can feel love. Something that hasn't changed from her previous life is that she falls to love far too easily, but nowadays, she'll deny she has any feelings.
That being said, Alina is an incredible flirt. It's something she's worked on over the years, because her preferred method of assassination involves getting close and personal. Or a better way to say is intimacy. She's a patient assassin; it's done miracles before for her. Although, a thing is... she never comes with a plan. She just is given a target and she doesn't plan how to assassinate her target. She just does it.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Half-Blood. Has two half-sisters and a cousin.
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Assassin for the Arcana Alliance.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Single and somewhat looking.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
Her model is Ebba Zingmark.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
7 active, 3 in limbo, 1 exotic.
Cause your dream in life is to be a footballer's wife. 23:52, April 17, 2017 (UTC)