A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Strengths: Manipulative, Observant, Loyal
Weaknesses: Entitled, Jealous, Ignorant.
Allegra has a good read on people, and she's loyal to close friends and definitely family. (Just because she pits her brothers against each other in good fun, doesn't mean she wants to see them in trouble.) However, she's a spoiled rich kid, who hasn't seen the underbelly of the world, and people different from her.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
Allegra can't wait to create her own name for herself. The de Luca family was prominent where they came from, but now she's at a new school where she'll get to define herself. Her last name is part of that (if she were to marry one day, she likely wouldn't change her last name), but creating her own image apart from her brothers is important to her. Staying wealthy and privileged is also a goal of hers, but she doesn't expect that will be terribly difficult.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
It would start with a slow morning, lounging around in pajamas. A late, lovely breakfast would be served. She'd get her hair done, go to the spa for mani/pedis, and then spend an afternoon in the stables with the Abraxans her family keeps. She'd finish with an expensive meal with her family. Basically anything that flaunts her rich, luxurious lifestyle.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Her wand (for what is a witch without her wand?), an expensive hair comb (that was a gift from her father's travels... and it looks marvelous on her), her Abraxan Cymbelline (they share quite a bond, and she doesn't know what she'd do without her), her bed (because if it's not a king-sized soft and fluffy mattress with the softest covers... how does one sleep, really?), her diamond-encrusted compact mirror (a two-way mirror, gifted to her by Salvador so that if she's ever in need of her big brother, he'll always be there)
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why? When she discovers that there are people in the world living in poverty, she'd want to change that. Not because she cares for them in any sort of compassionate way-- but if they can fall into lesser means, why wouldn't she also befall that same fate if she's not careful? Making everyone rich-- that's clearly the best solution.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why? She's done a bit of reading on the subject. She could see herself in Slytheirn or Ravenclaw. But she doesn't have any desire to be in Hufflepuff. They sound boring.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Allie is the epitome of a spoiled rotten youngest sister. She's got five older brothers and, since she's the only girl, she's grew up pampered, entitled, and manipulative. The word no is only in Allie's vocabulary, because she gets to tell others no; no one says no to her, and it's been that way from the get-go. If her parents and siblings gave her whatever she wanted-- why would the real world be any different? She's beautiful, likable, and an amazing person-- what on earth is there to say no to?
Growing up with a successful businessman for a father taught Allie the way of smooth talking, and getting what you want by manipulating others. And who better to practice on, than her older brothers? She knows how to stroke egos to just the right degree before twisting the situation to suit her needs-- something she did frequently with her brothers. It goes without saying that she has them wrapped around her little finger; she's aware of it, and she likes it that way.
Allie's pretty ignorant. While she knows what the world of business can entail... there is much about the world that she's been sheltered from, by her parents and her brothers. She hasn't faced any real hardship in her life. She's been taught that she's too pretty, too rich, and too fortunate for anything truly terrible to befall her. Betrayal isn't something she's used to, at least not seriously (siblings fight, and they make up... the world moves on). People with less-fortunate circumstances aren't something she's ever been exposed to. Bullies certainly aren't something that she's had to face in her life. She's lived a very blissfully ignorant life... and who knows when that will change?
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Giovanni De Luca was born to do great things in his life time, especially giving the notoriety of his family in Italy. His mother was a second generation Indian born in Italy, while his father was born and raised in Italy by Italian parents. Having come from money already, Giovanni's father built a sturdy empire for their family in Italy through real estate and the stock market. Though some would say his motives were a bit on the darker side of things, wanting power rather than success and happiness, nobody could deny that the De Luca empire was huge.
A few years after finishing wizarding school at Beauxbatons, Giovanni expressed wanting to have a role in the family business. Hesitant at first but always wanting to expand the De Luca's empire and power in the wizarding world, Giovanni's father agreed and soon Giovanni became the CEO of a branch in the Venezuelan part of the wizarding world. As the CEO, Giovanni made it his mission to go above and beyond what his father used to do in Italy. Giovanni bought shares in large scale cities and very soon the Venezuelan branch of the De Luca family business was equally as notorious as it's Italian counterpart.
Around the age of twenty-five was when Giovanni met his future wife, the beautiful Valentina Acosta, a pure-blood witch from Castelobruxo. Although it wasn't the most organic way of forming a relationship, the pair were actually set up by their parents. Valentina was a year younger than Giovanni but equally as wealthy from her family's riches. An heiress in her own right, the couple's wedding was sure to cause gossip in the wizarding community as it signified the unity of two very rich families. It was at the age of twenty-seven that Giovanni tied the knot with Valentina, becoming Mr. and Mrs. De Luca.
The night of their wedding was when their first child was conceived, and soon their first son Santiago was born. After Santiago was born, a new child was welcomed into the family every other year. Next was Nicolás, followed by Salvador, then Ignacio, Tomás, and finally Allegra, the only daughter out of the five children. From very early on, Giovanni tried molding his children into ideal young heirs and heiresses. Much to Valentina's dismay, he taught them about the family business while simultaneously protecting them from all the dark sided acts happening behind the scenes. Valentina on the other hand tried keeping her children as safe as possible, knowing Giovanni was a tough father and that a lot of people were unhappy with how he was building his family name.
On a hot day in August, Allegra came into the world. The only girl in a line with many boys provided her with extensive pampering, and she was given everything she ever asked for, from the time she could vocalize her wants. Allie learned quickly from her father the art of getting what she wanted using coy words, and a quick tongue; her natural beauty only emphasizes her persuasive tactics with the appropriate bat of an eyelash, or hair twirl. She grew up pitting all her brothers against each other, playing favorites where it suited her. The move from Venezuela was rough-- she'd grown up expecting to go to Castelobruxo. Still, the opportunity to build up her own name at a new school, where all of her siblings would be new, was nice. She wouldn't go in with any prior reputation-- she could build the one she wanted. And Allegra likes that idea very much.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
First year, upcoming term
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)? 13 (1 expansion), no exotics