A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Strengths: Tough, adventurous, good at healing and quidditch, defends friends, doesn't discriminate, fierce
Weaknesses: Hard-headed, stand-offish, doesn't get a lot of humor, terrible student, agressive, runs away from problems but not fights, doesn't like balloons
While she can be a very sassy she-devil, Allura is also kind-hearted deep down. She can't turn a soul away if they are genuine with her, but on the other hand, she will quickly call you out on your bull sh*t. She doesn't hesitate to fight for what she believes in, even if she's not always right. She's at least got gusto, we can give her that.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
She really just wants to be happy, but has a very pesemistic outlook on life. She knows the reality of Happily Ever After not being oh-so-happy. Despite that knowledge, a small piece of her still believes in real life fairy tales. Allura also has a small glimmer of hope that she might become a healer one day, but is afraid she doesn't have the studious attitude for it.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
She'd love to bundle up in a pile of blankets in the Neverland treehouse and read fairytales all day. She finds them ironic and likes to point out all the flaws. Meanwhile, she'd have Newt make her a sandwhich (this is supposed to be "ideal" afterall). She wouldn't mind getting out and playing some quidditch either. That could be fun.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- Her broomstick Newt bought her when she went off to Hogwarts because she loves that thing - it's her prized possession
- Her wand because she wouldn't be anywhere without magic
- Her book collection that resides at the treehouse because that's where she gets all her stories
- Her favorite blanket that is so incredibly soft and has been her best friend since she found Neverland
- Does Newt count?
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Their outreach program to find muggle-born children just like her. If she had found out about magic earlier in life, she might not have had such a bad childhood.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
She wants to be in Slytherin because she thinks she could get away with more stuff; she doesn't want to be in Hufflepuff because she is honestly afraid she'd get too close to the students
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Allura is an adventurous spirit who marks her own path and isn't afraid to go at it alone. She is fierce beyond words and won't let people tear her down easily. She constantly feels like an outcast and is totally okay with it. Although she wouldn't mind some friends, she certainly won't be butt hurt if she has none. She never backs down from a challange and can be snarky beyond belief. She doesn't hesitate to fight for what she believes in, even if she's not always right. She not only competitive, but she'll smack talk you too. She's probably the most sassy person you'll ever meet. That often gets her into trouble.
While she does have her tough side, she also has a very vulnerable side. She constantly feels the pain of loneliness although she doesn't show it. Newt tries his best to fill that emptiness, but he can only do so much. She longs for real affection and not some fake bull crap people throw her. She also has a weakness for people who get hurt. If someone is in pain, she can't help but try to fix it. She has a love for healing that she can't quite understand. The only exception is when she plays quidditch, but even then, she still feels awful. This leads her to visit the infirmary quite often. She will sometimes bring flowers or treats to the patients to make them feel better. It also lets her study. Speaking of...
Allura is an awful student. Unless it's healing, she doesn't care and won't try. Her grades are less than acceptable, but she's too hard headed to ask for help. She also has a rebel streak. This means she is in detention a lot more than she should be. She has a habit of sneaking off to places she really shouldn't durning times she also really shouldn't. She runs from everything, especially if they involve her feelings. She doesn't open up easily, and tends to be hostile when people press too much or ask too many questions. The only thing she doesn't run from is a fight. And Newt.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Allura Valentina Mendoza was born in Alicante, Spain on July 15 to Rosa Mendoza and Roberto Valdez. Roberto had left Allura's birth mother as soon as he found out she was pregnant, and Rosa didn't stick around for too long either. You see, the couple had not wanted kids, but then they slipped up. That slip up was Allura. They had no money, no room, and no desire for the little baby so it was no surprise that Roberto took off as fast as he could. Rosa had tried to do the whole mother thing after he left, but with no funds and no place to go, she couldn't support herself (let alone her baby girl).
Rosa took Allura to England in hope for better opportunities, but to no avail. Allura was three when her mother gave up. Rosa left her daughter on a doorstep and fled. The owners of the home that Allura had been left at found the young girl and decided to find her a home. Unfortunately, the home they found had no parents - no, they took her to the nearest orphanage where she would never find a family. At age 7, she was still living in the orphanage and it seemed like there was no hope for her. The other kids would tease her for being weird or odd - she couldn't help that she was different. She couldn't help that she was a witch.
One day when one of the other kids at the orphanage had stolen Allura's doll, she had retaliated by sending a book flying right at his face. The crazy thing was - she never touched the book. She didn't know what she was, but she knew it made her even more of an outcast. After a couple more incidences like those, the care-givers sent her to a different orphanage. From that point on, she hopped from one home for abandoned kids to another. She hated it. And so at age nine, she ran away for the first time. No matter how many times she ran away, they always seemed to find her and throw her back in that hell hole. Life was miserable for her. That was until she stumbled upon a seemingly abandoned treehouse.
There, she found an odd guy named Newt Pendery. She wanted to run again (like she always does), but he made her stay until she had told him who she was and her life story. It was there, she found a lot of things. She found a friend, she found out who she was, and she found a home. Allura ended up staying in the tree house with Newt where he taught her all about the wizarding world and took care of her until she turned eleven. He made her go to wizarding school at that point, where he assured her that she'd find happiness. Allura didn't want to leave her Peter Pan, but it was time to grow up.
At Hogwarts, Allura is about to enter into her fifth year. She's still looking for that happiness Newt promised her, but maybe this is the year she finds it. When she wasn't in school, she spent all her time with Newt who taught her all about Disney stories and tales and also how to play quidditch. She enjoys being a part of Neverland and she hopes never to leave it. Let's just hope her fairy tale doesn't come crashing down the same way it did for her predecessors.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Her model is Aimee Carrero
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
Allura is an excellent healer and is fairly good at quidditch
6) What year is your character in? Fifth
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)? 4; none