A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Strengths:Aloria is ambitious. If she sets her mind to it, she will do anything to make it a reality. She also has the amazing ability to turn anything into a joke. You could say it's her way of breaking the ice.
Weaknesses:She can be too distant for her own good. It really stunts her social growth. It really makes it difficult to make friends.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
Aloria's main goal right now is to just make her life happier one step at a time. You can't exactly blame her.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Reading. There is literally no contest in that domain. She loves to read.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Aloria would keep several books, a family photo and her adoption papers. They are her comfort and a reminder that she is in fact not alone.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Aloria would change how the Law Enforcement is run. It's not that it's being run horribly it's just that she would want things to be lost or anything. She might also make it so the wizarding world wasn't so secret.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
Either Ravenclaw due to their creative freedom or Slytherin due to their drive.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Aloria is a very ambitious and kind girl. She has dreams and she will achieve them. Even if it means lack of sleep and putting more on her plate then is necessary. Which, is extremely unhealthy mind you. She can seem to smart for her own good and is aware of it. So, she pretends she doesn't understand certain things. She pretends she doesn't see or hear certain things. She maintains this mask of obliviousness and average intelligence to prevent any unwanted confrontations.
Believe it or not, she has a sense of humor. She loves to tease her siblings and friends. That's just how she shows that she loves and cares for them. She would do anything for her friends and family, even if that means she has to give up all that she is. She would do it. However, to get to this point takes a lot of work. Ever since what happened to her with her biological family, she became distant towards others. Aloria wants to make sure that the people trying to be her 'friends' aren't just trying to hurt her.
Aloria is shy and anxious. Can you blame her? She wants to be distant from everybody but so desperately wants people to be around her. She hates being treated like porcelien because of what her father did to her. So, she can be snarky and cold around those she doesn't know. When she does get to know you, she is the kindest, most gentlest girl you'll ever meet. That is, unless she teases you. She is a relentless teaser.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Aloria Vale Harris was born on December 5th, 2016 to Amanda Harris and Walter Harris. The thing was, Aloria wouldn't be growing up in a good home. No. This was the worst kind of place for a little girl to be. For you see, Walter was prone to any kind of violence. What made it worse was that he would take it all out on his daughter. That's how her life would begin.
The thing about Aloria, is that she learned how to be strong very quickly. It's how she survived. One day, she was scared. Her father was coming at her and all she could do was sit there, quivering in fear. That's when it happened. Somehow, her father slipped on nothing. Aloria knew she was in for it. Strange things like that would happen and she would be punished for it just because her father was stressed. That's when finally the cops showed up, arrested her father and took Aloria to social services around the age of eight.
There, Aloria was shunted from foster home to foster home. When she was ten, she met Jack and Riva. Of course, being the untrustful child she learned to be, she didn't talk around them, which confused them...naturally. Which, to Aloria dismay (and delight), they didn't give up. No, they just kept coming back, slowly chipping away at her cold exterior until finally, Aloria opened up. After that, she quickly found out that she was a new member of the growing Rolls-Royce family.
Aloria found that she really enjoyed having all of these different siblings and being apart of a loving dynamic. However, there were times when she had to withdraw from the craziness that was her new family. Which, is how she discovered her love of literature. Sure, she read when she could but not to the absolute extent that she was able to then. So she read and read and read until she had nothing left to read in the house. So, her home-away-from-home was the public library.
Eventually she grew closer with her siblings and recieved her letter to Hogwarts. That explained a lot about everything. Sure, her family told her about magic and the school but she was actually going. She honestly couldn't wait! So, with two other adopted siblings of her's she ventured into a place she only heard stories about. So, she spent every waking moment learning and soaking everything in.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into. Everyone must answer!)
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
A) This is my first character.
B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
- Her desire/lean for Ravenclaw is noticed (and her even smaller lean towards Slytherin for ambition), but Aloria overall seemed more Hufflepuff for me. Altogether, she was quite difficult to place into a house, but it ended up appearing to be Hufflepuff. I know that's not what she wanted, so I hope that's okay. :)
- your brains are made of gogurt and i hate your guts. 05:32, December 22, 2016 (UTC)