A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
:C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
:D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
:D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
:A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
:B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
:B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Amanda Cortez is proud. Despite the tragedy, her home life, and the apparent 'curse' on the males of her family, Amanda can not help but to be strong and caring to people, but also very prideful. She judges too easily, and there are certain things she simply do not accept - Like for example, she defends, even those she does not know. But as well, she expects a thank you for her effort. As well she expects apologies when she's been wronged. This doesn't just apply to other people, of course. There's nothing Manda hates more than a hypocrite.
She's usually very quiet. A small voiced girl who loves reading. But she's not one to be trifled with. After all, the saying does go, "Demons run when a good man goes to war." In this case, a good woman. She is really. Amanda loves animals, and children, and cake. She's a simple, normal, good girl. Except when it comes to her sarcasm, or her anger. She has a smart mouth on her, which tends to get her in trouble. Often, she just simply reminds herself to just be quiet. Often, biting her tongue is something she comes to regret later, as she does tend to hold in her feelings for too long. Sometimes, they escape her, and that never ends well for her...
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
The Cortez is an old lineage, though one without magic. Magic only goes back a couple generations, to Manda's great-grandmother, Agnes. Agnes was Irish, and though Amanda's family name comes from the French, both her great grandfather and her great grandmother found themselves in the Americas around the 1910's. They found each other, almost as if fated to, and they stated a family.
Agnes Cortez, though a respectable woman, expected to be treated fairly. Her husband, Jonathan, loved her strong soul, and though he also did not take much from other people, he never once considered Agnes below him. The two raised a wonderful man, Manda's grandfather, Cortlan. Cortlan was a fine young man, but when he began showing signs of magic at the age of 7, things went very wrong for the boy. See, despite it being easily explained with Agnes' lineage, as her maiden name was Sayre, a part of the line that would have founded Ilvermorny school of witchcraft and wizardry about 300 years earlier. Meaning she, herself, was a witch. She passed the genes on to Cortlan, which he seemed to have embraced by the age where he was to be sent off to Ilvermorny. But Jonathan had not.
By the age of 35, he had ended his own life right after they had sent Cortlan off to for his fifth year at Ilvermorny. This would set an unprecedented amount of stress of Agnes, who ended up moving back to England with her mother, with Cortlan in tow. But even more, a weight on the shoulder of young Cortlan, who would go off to find a wife at the age of 24, and alcohol at the age of 25. The cycle continues with Amanda's own father, Conrad, and his aunt, Moira. Moira, though depressed and suicidal, ended up taking in Amanda, her mother, and her brother when Amanda was just about to turn seven. It was a whole scene, that day. Though the children never saw anything, they saw the cops. they heard the news. She felt the devastation. It was to a point where she had an emotion she had never felt before - A burst of something, and she found herself somewhere else completely, where she could just simply be alone.
The magic people ended up tracking her and finding her next to a lake. Once she was found, she was taken in, and her mother moved them in with aunt Moira. That's when things began to look up a little. Moira seemed a lot happier with them around, and when it finally came for Amanda to be sent off for school, she was sad to see Moira look so lonely again. She promised to be back, and wouldn't let her be alone.
Amanda began her fourth year in 2039 at the Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Model is Molly Quinn
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
No 6) What year is your character in?
7) The Sorting Hat has been known to take house preference into consideration. If your character could select one house they believe they are best suited for, what would it be and why?
Her father was in Slytherin, her mother Hufflepuff. Either would work.
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?