A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Amelia is a very resilient little girl. Much of her formative years were spent bouncing from home to home. No matter how supportive and loving those homes were, because truly they were, bouncing around does give one a sense of rootlessness. Amelia couldn't root her identity in home, so she had to root it in herself, which she did. Her identity is also rooted in her Dad. She is a Daddy's girl, through and through. Arguably, she gets some of that resilience from him, and the challenges he's faced. But if asked where she gets her resilience-- that innate ability to get back up no matter how many times she's been knocked down-- from, he'd always tell people that she got it from her Mom. Amelia's heard her Dad say that, and she's proud that in some way she's like her Mom.
Amelia is definitely a little bit spoiled. She grew up with doting grandparents, doting aunts and uncles... and a very doting Dad. Amelia never had to question her beauty growing up. Everyone told her that she's beautiful, and that she'll have all the boys (or girls) eating out of the palm of her hand. She's never wanted for things. If Dad couldn't provide it (which he usually can) then her grandparents did. She may have wanted, occasionally, for people. But things have never been an issue, and whatever she wanted... she usually got. She's not used to being told "no" very much, and she never had to share, given that she was the only kid her age, and never had any cousins.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Erin Robertson and Michael King were the golden couple of their seventh year. Head Students... so in love... they should have ridden off into the sunset together, and become fabulously wealthy and doted on their large family after getting properly married. That's not always how it goes, though... and it couldn't be any different from the reality that this young couple faced. Erin and Michael realized Eric was expecting sometime after Valentine's Day of their last year. While neither set of expecting grandparents were thrilled, Erin's were especially livid, to the point of requiring her to terminate the pregnancy, or her presence in their lives. Erin chose the latter. Perhaps she should have chosen the former... but then Amelia wouldn't have come into the world. But then, Erin wouldn't have left it, either.
On November 4, 2029, after overcoming insurmountable odds of flying through all her NEWT testing while in the throes of pregnancy, Erin lost her life after messy complications in childbirth. It was simultaneously the best and worst day of Michael's life. Knowing he wasn't capable of raising an infant on his own, he returned to his native Australia where his parents and siblings lived. The first four years of Amelia's life were spent being doted on by her grandparents, aunts, uncles... and her Dad. In those four years Michael's heart was healed, and he was able to get back up on his feet. He and Amelia moved to an apartment in Melbourne. They were still close enough to his family that they were able to help out whenever Michael needed it, but the father and daughter were still able to have a place that they called their own. Amelia's first signs of magic occurred in that apartment. She had insisted at dinner that she'd wanted ice cream. Michael had rebuffed the seven-year-old's idea, and served her chicken, as was expected. Amelia had screamed she wanted ice cream... and suddenly the chicken had vanished and was replaced with ice cream.
As her tenth birthday approached, Michael realized he wanted his daughter to have the same education he did. So he went back to England to prepare a place for the two of them. Amelia went back to her grandparents for the time being. Amelia was both really excited about moving to England, and confused about why she couldn't just join her Dad right away. She knew the reason. She'd been told the reason. But Daddy was everything to her, and she missed him when he was gone. She counted down to two different dates-- the day she could join up with Daddy again, and the day she'd start her new school.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
Half-Blood, no notable relations
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
She'll be a first year in 2041. (not this IC year, but next)
7) The Sorting Hat has been known to take house preference into consideration. If your character could select one house they believe they are best suited for, what would it be and why?
I don't think she cares too much where she ends up.
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.
9 characters, no exotics
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
She's been praised her whole life for her resilience. She's always been told that it's so nice that she never put up a fuss when she was bopped around from home to home. That she handles things so maturely for someone her age.
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
She's been praised for her beauty all her life long, and right now she thinks that she could totally make it as a model (either wizarding, or Muggle) or in the movies. Something where she can have all the attention, like she's used to.
Something in an office, where you're just a number... that would be the opposite of what she'd want to do.
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
Her father, aunts and uncles are all very successful people. She would like that for herself someday, but she wants to be noticed for her success. What good is being awesome if no one acknowledges it? Are you even being awesome if there isn't someone there to tell you that you are?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
She's definitely a little (okay, a lot) vain. She's definitely a little spoiled. She definitely needs more attention than is probably necessary. :P
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?