You are, and always have been,my dream. I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea. 00:31, January 16, 2018 (UTC)
A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Her greatest strength would probably be her love for knowledge and willingness to learn new things.Though kept rather isolated as a child, her mind remained open to new ideas, making her a very acceoting person. Her weakness would probably be her shyness. While she is open to new things, having to make the first move and get something done often holds her back, especially if there are new people involved.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
Currently, the only goal on her mind is to build a relationship with the family she never knew. Her mother made it seem like they didn't even exist, but now, they're the only family she has, and would like to be accepted by them.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Amelia's dream day would be sitting in a library, reading about as many different topics as possible. She wants to learn as much as she can, and would be happiest where she can learn.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
When Amelia left to find her father, she left behind most of her possession. What she did keep was her two favorite books to read, a history book of magic and The Great Gatsby. Along with those,she found one of the few pictures of her and her mother together and placed it inside her locket.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Amelia hasn't be really involved in wizarding society, so she isn't as familiar with the problems of it. Before she can think of something to change, she would want to learn more about it.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
She thinks she would fit in most with Ravenclaw, and the least with Slytherin.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Growing up fairly isolated with her mother, Amelia is a pretty shy person with people she doesn't know. Being rarely exposed to social interaction, she struggles trying to make friends, mostly because she just doesn't know what to say during conversation. She won't actively try to start interactions with people, but if approached, she'll do her best to push through her shy nature and get to know the other person.
Growing up, Amelia also became quite a bookworm. Since she wasn't exposed to many different things in the outside world, she started to rely more and more on books. Both to create her own image of what the world was like, but also to gain more knowledge. She always found more and more things that she was interested, so the best way for her to learn more was through books. In relation to her shy personality, getting more involved in books let her feel safe and that she could put herself into a world where she could explore ideas without judgement.
One quirk in Amelia's personality is her desire to maintain order. Her life was always so structured, so she finds it difficult to do things spontaneously. To her, everything needs to be done a certain way, always following the set rules. Occasionally, she gets the desire to break free of this mentality, but is always held back by the fear of what could happen.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Amelia was born to Isadora Knight and (unknowingly) Julius Tyrrell. in October of 2020. Amelia had been conceived just before the two had a rather bad break up, so, when Isadora found out she was pregnant she refused to tell Julius out of spite. She wanted her daughter to have absolutely nothing to do with that "horrible" man.
As Amelia grew up, it was always just her and her mother. Isadora never attempted to date or marry again, claiming that men were always too much trouble. Because of this, Amelia was often left wondering who her father was and where he went. Anytime she asked, Isadora just told her he was a horrible man that didn't deserve to be in Amelia's life. But, since her mother was really the only person she interacted with, she took her word as truth, never really questioning much more. With the amount of time they spent together,Amelia grew very close to her, not knowing what she would do if she lost her mother like her father.
Living rather sequestered, Amelia grew to love reading. It allowed to her to live in a different world, as well as learn about everything outside of her small cottage on the coast. She tried to learn as much as she good, supplementing it with teachings from her mother. However, being isolated also lead to some tensions. Amelia wanted to go and see the world she was reading about. More than just going to town for some groceries. She wanted to see what it was like in London. She wanted to see the school her mother went...the school her father probably went to. But, when she would ask her mother, she instantly say no and that there was no need to leave their small town. Most of the time, Amelia would agree, brushing of the rejection. However, after so many no's, she had enough. She filled with anger,starting to protest. Her mother tried to tell her no again, resulting in Amelia releasing her anger. She screamed, letting out her rage, causing the curtains next to her to catch on fire. She finally had her first sign of magic in such a destructive manner. Her mother couldn't help but feel proud, after she put out the fire of course.
The next few years were relatively simple for Amelia. Once she turned 11, her mother began to homeschool her, using many different resources to ensure that Amelia learned the same that any other student would.With Amelia's love to read and learn, she picked things up quite quick, not needing to spend a lot of time on the small details. However, just after Amelia's 15th birthday, her mother was involved in a splinching accident while trying to go get supplies. With no living relatives, Amelia didn't know where to go...She didn't want to end up in an orphanage. Shortly after her mother's death, Isadora's will was delivered to their home. Inside, there was a letter from her mother, explaining who Amelia's father was. As she read the letter, she instantly recognized the name as the Minister for Magic, Julius Tyrrell. She couldn't believe that it was real, but she didn't have anywhere else to go. she packed up her things, took a letter her mother had written for Julius, and went to see if she could meet her family.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Pure-Blood. Unknown daughter of current Minister for Magic, Julius Tyrrell
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in? Fourth
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)? 12, 1