A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Andrei's a very smart and perceptive man, but plagued by awkwardness and often insensitive.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Not at all. Andrei had wanted to be a successful writer much earlier, so an unhappy relationship and a near non-existent career has left him in a state of self-loathing. He chalks it down to a lack of inspiration and muse.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Alone at home in the rain, writing and drinking mint tea. His ideal day is calming and with as little social interaction as possible.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
A notebook and pen as the first two, the Ravenclaw scarf he's held onto since his first year of Hogwarts (despite it being in poor condition), his reading glasses and a watch.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Equality is an important thing for him, and above else he wants the stigma towards other races to end.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Magda Sokołowska had always had a passion for knowledge - though she loved magic, her true love was science, specifically of the stars. Moving from Warsaw, Poland to Oxford, London to pursue a degree at her dream university, Magda was a social butterfly who never missed a lecture and became deeply involved in the city's activities.
It was there she met Spencer Cole, a law student. He was charming, handsome with a confident air and a top student. And with the compliments and flirtations he sent her way it was no wonder she became infatuated with him. A couple of months into their friendship, they began to date. Though it was soon clear they had much different wants and needs. Magda wanted something long term, whilst Spencer wanted a short thing.
So when Magda discovered she was pregnant, it cemented the end of their relationship. Spencer wasn't ready to become a father, and refused to stay with Magda. Though heartbroken, Magda continued her studies as best she could whilst pregnant, and despite the sudden rift between the two, Spencer's prestigious family meant he could afford a nanny so Magda could continue her studies.
Spencer never truly hated the child, but he never truly loved Andrei either. He wasn't utterly absent from his life, providing for him mostly through money given by his own parents. Andrei's paternal grandparents were considerably more affectionate towards the little boy, as were his maternal grandparents. Despite the distance between countries he was doted on by a large family, growing up speaking both English and Polish.
There was still always something missing for the boy as he grew, watching his father grow more and more distant. When his grandmother died, his grandfather following just months later, his relationship with that side of the family was near non-existent.
He had little time to really process the loss when his acceptance letter to Hogwarts came, exciting his magical family. After being sorted into Ravenclaw, the next few years were largely uneventful. He spent his time coming up with stories, reading constantly and studying.
He met Isabella in his fifth year and they begun dating not long after. It was the first real relationship either of them had ever been in, and several years later when they graduated and got married, it became clear they had no real love.
Realizing this, Andrei grew scared. Even without a child together, the prospect of leaving the only woman he'd been in a relationship with was daunting. Isabella felt similar, and knew her family looked down on divorce.
Choosing to stay together, Andrei threw himself into work. Isabella pursued various flings with strangers, never hiding it from Andrei. Over a decade later, little has changed. Andrei still hopes to find genuine love and a strong career in his chosen field, but as time goes on that hope dwindles.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
An introverted and quiet man, Andrei spends much of his time in his study reading. On the rare occasions he finds himself at a social event, he's likely searching for any kind of drink. He struggles with an awkward personality and as such tends to stick to the walls of a room rather than the center.
Often frank and insensitive, he doesn't mean genuine offense - he's just overly honest. He has strong morals and has no respect for bad people who intend harm. He cares deeply for a small group of people, these mainly being his mother and her family.
He has a love for muggle science much like his mother, as well as muggle literature. He is usually found spending hours at a time reading a book or reading science magazines. He finds the pursuit of knowledge never ending and will even forget to sleep when he becomes enthralled by an interesting read.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Half-Blood (a Muggle father and Half-Blood mother).
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
A shop owner.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Married without kids, though unhappily and is actively encouraged by his wife to try meeting other people.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
5 I'm pretty sure - and none are exotic.