Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
AJ was incredibly fun-loving until tragedy struck. When he watched his Tio José burned alive something changed inside him. He didn't joke as much, he didn't laugh as much, and he rarely smiled. AJ was sullen, and rather dark. He kept to himself mostly, except for the questions he could not answer. He immersed himself in textbooks. He wouldn't have been described as bookish, or intellectual to say the least, but he quickly learned the value of intelligence. AJ was ambitious in his desire to learn, he hopes that it will serve not only him, but his family well into the future. At the least he hopes to be able to keep them safer than they would be without his attempt at gaining a vast amount of knowledge.
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Angel Jaime Velasco was born in 2013, to Luis Felipe and María Magdalena, he is the middle child of three. His brother JC is three years older than him, and his sister TK is three years younger than him. In 2022, AJ and his brother JC got what they had been begging for, to watch their uncle José Enrique's encounter with a Catalonian Fireball. Unfortunately for all his skill Tio José made a fatal error costing him his life. AJ was in a stupor for weeks. It was hard for him to come to terms with the fact that there was nothing to be done. His uncle was a daredevil who his beloved brother takes after in name, and in spirit. Watching him die doing what he love inspired JC, and it rattled AJ to the core. AJ began to fear he was seeing a vision of the future, that he was witnessing the way his own brother would die. He knew that he could never stop JC from chasing the same dream as his Tio José. The best he could offer his brother was to be there, and do more than watch helplessly.
The first sign of his magic was so subtle no one seemed to notice it, not even AJ himself. JC, and TK were being obnoxiously loud, fighting or playing, it was hard to tell if it was friendly or not. AJ didn't care he only wanted them to be quiet. He had been up late the night before reading a few different books, and while he had at one point in the early morning hours fallen asleep to happily dream about making potions, and performing spells he was ripped from a peaceful slumber by the sound of TK screaming, and JC laughing manically. He tried to ignore them not wanting to move from the warmth of his bed. Just as he started to doze off again he heard JC laugh, and TK scream causing him to kick his blankets off to go yell at them. When he reached his hand out for the knob the door moved, opening by itself. AJ didn't think much of it at the time he was preoccupied with thinking of what it was he was going to say to get JC, and TK to take their noisiness elsewhere.
Along side his older brother, AJ heavily studied about magical creatures. He devoured the text of various Potions, Charms, and Transfigurations books, always making notes of the things he didn't understand. AJ posed nearly unanswerable questions to his mother and father. They became exhausted by his enthusiasm, nonetheless they encouraged him to continue to question everything he did not know or understand. AJ made great strides in his personal endeavor, he wasn't as knowledgeable as his brother. In time however, and with enough dedication he could be. He made sacrifices no one in the family would think a ten year old boy would make. Free time for more books, and lessons. When his brother and sister were running about, having fun with their mother, their father, or their friends AJ was where he always was. Reading. He was never without a book, one thing that could be not quite be predicted about him was which book he would have his nose in. He so frequently changed subjects to keep himself from getting bored with a topic, he switched between 3-5 in one day.
AJ began attending Beauxbatons Academy on September 1st, 2023, where he was sorted into Bellefeuille following his brother JC who was sorted into Ombrelune. He broke ranks being sorted into Bellefeuille, his younger sister TK was sorted into Papillonlisse cementing AJ's distinction from his family. During his sixth year he attended Hogwarts with the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang participating in the 2028-2029 Triwizard Tournament.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
AJ fits in with they family sharing common facial features such as stunning hazel-brown eyes, and beautiful dark curly hair. He has a long pointed nose like his mother, and an expressive smile like his father. AJ has fair skin like his mother, and the same mole to one side of his face as his father. He is lean, and tall, his figure obviously inherited from his father.
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
11) What year is your character in?
6th Year Beauxbatons
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
:C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
:B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
1 character none are exotic
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
Number of A's:4
Number of B's:
Number of C's:
Number of D's:1
- Did the kids know they were magic even before the accident with their uncle?
- Yes, they have known they were magic from early on. I added in that the boys got what they'd been begging for which would be to watch an encounter with a Catalonian Fireball. I don't know if I'd still need to write about them hearing stories about it well before that day, I hoped their begging was alluding to that.