A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
A definite strength that Anita possesses is they're ability to put on a show and entertain the messes. Not only are they an excellent singer but they are also quite the comedian when necessary. A weakness that Anita possesses would be how insecure they can get, at times memories from their past get stuck in Anita's brain and it's how to shake.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Aside from their childhood Anita's life post school has honestly played out amazingly. They have a thriving career as a drag queen, singer, and entertainer. As well as owning a successful club.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Although it is their job, Anita honestly prefers to spend a free day in drag while also at the studio. They have fully embraced themselves into their career. Another way they spend their free days is by hanging out with their fellow drag queens and visiting younger siblings.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
1) Makeup - An essential for drag queens
2) Wigs - They didn't spend a fortune on wigs to just leave them out of this list
3) Photo album - They kept a photo album with pictures of family and friends, as well as from their first gig
4) Wand - They need to do magic somehow
5) Their own records - It's symbolic
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Like in the muggle world, acceptance is one thing that certainly must change. With the recent War of Creatures that took place it is more evident than ever to Anita that acceptance is what the wizarding world needs most.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Joaquin was born to pastor Adrián Torres and his wife Karina Acevedo in Borba, Brazil. The first of four biological children, soon followed by twin brothers Esteban and Fabiola, and a little sister named Monica. Life was hard for Joaquin, but putting it that way was a huge understatement. Joaquin knew from a very early age that they were different, not truly believing in having a fixated gender as they identified with all.
Going back in time a bit, back when Joaquin still didn't fully understand things and was confused in their own head, they often times got in mass amounts of trouble not only in muggle school but also when it came to home life. Joaquin was six when little brothers Esteban and Fabiola came around, and even at that stage Joaquin was questioning things, and it certainly didn't go unnoticed by Adrián and Karina. Joaquin was emotionally and physically abused by both parents, being called things such as a disgrace and unnatural. It was draining for what at the time, was someone who hadn't fully come to terms with themselves yet either. There were times where Joaquin just wanted to fade away, and times where they thought it be best if they just remained in the closet.
Things got even worse when the abuse spread down to Esteban and Fabiola, Joaquin had already been going through it for years now and to see it happen with their little brothers was terrifying. There really wasn't anything they could do at such a young age, and when Monica was born and Adrián and Karina adopted a daughter named Alya who was a year older than Joaquin, it seemed as though they wanted to keep things hidden from their two newest children while still taking everything out on Joaquin, Esteban and Fabiola.
It was around the time when Joaquin was eight that they realized they were a witch. Playing with toys in their room, it went hidden until Alya pointed out that a toy was floating behind Joaquin. After turning around and realizing that it was Joaquin who was doing it, the toy dropped to the floor. It was confusing at first, but when things were explained Joaquin was able to figure it out. Being able to chose between Castelobruxo and Ilvermorny for schools, Joaquin picked to go to Ilvermorny to get further away from their parents.
Eventually the family moved to the United States when Joaquin was fifteen, but Joaquin's visits got fewer and further in between as they progressed through school at Ilvermorny. It wasn't that Joaquin didn't want to see the rest of the family, but it was hard to go back into such an environment. When Joaquin turned sixteen they officially moved out of the house and that was when Joaquin truly came into their own. Recognizing that they were genderfluid and that they had a passion for drag, taking on the drag name Anita Horcrux.
After graduating from Ilvermorny, Joaquin moved to England and continued to pursue a career in drag while also releasing songs as a singer. Four or five years had passed and eventually Joaquin urged the rest of their siblings to move to the United Kingdom. They are all currently trying to pick up the pieces of their shambled family.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Joaquin is very much so a free spirit, doing whatever they want whenever they want it. But it wasn't always like this. What was once a sheltered and isolated person, blossomed into the free spirit they are today due to becoming a drag queen. Doing drag really opened a new door of life up for them and it has become so much more now. Drag was originally used as an escape from the cruelties that life brought on, adapting a more upbeat, quirky, and witty persona while in drag. But nowadays it's almost impossible to see a difference between Joaquin Torres and Anita Horcrux.
While still being quirky and outgoing, they are also very intelligent and business savvy. Since coming to England, Joaquin has created quite the name for their drag persona Anita Horcrux. Becoming a well established drag queen, singer, and even owning a club with fellow drag queens in the area. Their drag family is like a second, more caring family than what Joaquin was actually born into, and although they would do anything for blood, they would most certainly do anything and then some for their drag family. There is a sense of loyalty there like no other.
All around, as both Joaquin and Anita, they are a fun loving and adrenaline seeking young person who grasps at every chance they get. With a strong passion and drive to succeed, nothing can hold them back, not even they're rotten past. When nobody is there to have faith in them, they are their own patron and they power through the bad times to get to the gold and glory.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Half-Blood, member of the large and in charge Torres family
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
No special abilities
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Single with no kids
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
Model: Adore Delano
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
13/3/1 child character