A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Strengths: Nobility, Kindness, Intelligence, and hard work ethics.
Weaknesses: His inability to show his strengths to most. It makes him come across as either distant and reserved. Or just a plain as*hole.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
While Anthony still has no clue what he actually wants to do with his life, he is quite happy with how it's turned out. Despite not planning it, his modeling career is actually pretty enjoyable and fun and it pays well.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Alone, Relaxing at his place because he enjoys the peace and quite it brings. He's bombarded but people constantly when in society so, this would be his most ideal way of spending a free day
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Wand ( For obvious reasons), His first-aid kit (You never know when someone will need first aid), Picture of him and Oscar (it's important to him of course), Key's to his place (for obvious reasons again xD), and a toy train that used to belong to Oscar)
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
The view most pure-blood had on muggles and even half-bloods. Anthony believes everyone is equal and that no one should be looked down upon just for having less or no magic in their blood.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Sofía Hernández hated every bit of who she was; she was Guatemalan, poor, and had little to no chances of ever getting herself a better life. She was just eighteen, fresh out of school, and was working a job as a waitress where her shifts were a constant nightmare. Until she met Jonathan Bostwick. He was just there for a visit, trying to close a deal for his own father's company. He was around her age, just out of Hogwarts, and was trying to fill in his father's shoes. He'd wound up at her diner, lost and hungry. Fast forward to a couple hours later, and they were conceiving one of Jonathan's many kids.
It was a scandal that many had anticipated would come to light eventually. Jonathan was a manwhore, he'd led many girls on during Hogwarts, and to be fair protection was never really on his mind. So left and right, he had women popping up claiming to have his kids. Of course, because he had the support of his father and a vast amount of money at his disposal, he was able to pay off every one of these women and silence them indefinitely. He refused to recognize his children, with very few exceptions. He first got married at age of 25, to Sofía herself, who he managed to reunite with during a follow-up on the mall he had invested in in Guatemala. Of course, she wasn't as mayo as his father wanted, hence why Sofía underwent physical changes. She legally changed her name, to something a little more fitting (i.e Linda). Their marriage was rushed, though, and it didn't last long.
Jonathan's second wife was a local pure-blooded witch who was, for the close-minded society, more socially acceptable. Sharon, was her name. Like with Linda, their marriage didn't last long, but two kids did come from the marriage. He also had children with Linda, when he married her again, and with Susan, whom he married when Linda divorced him after catching him with three different women at the same time. His marriage with Karen Westcott - his fifth one overall - also led to a couple more of his children. A pattern was presenting itself; he never really went more than five years with the same wife, until he got married for a sixth and final time, again to Linda. His life had become a joke, of sorts, and that wasn't a fact that went by unnoticed by the wizarding public of the UK.
Jonathan's father retook control of the company that he'd given to his son when he first got married. It was a rational decision that had to be made. Of course, that didn't mean Jonathan saw it that way - he fought and fought and fought, and even threatened to sue his old man for wrongful termination. He actually went ahead with it, though he and his father were able to reach to an agreement; whichever of his kids took the company the most serious, would inherit his shares and thus control. Which posed issues. From the children Jonathan had, none of them were interested in taking control. Why would they? That would mean having to oversee the development of over a hundred different businesses. That's an issue that the Bostwicks have, even today, which is a real bummer, because Arthur Bostwick is only getting older, nearing a hundred years old, and if if he dies before he announces an heir to the fortune, then... it's all gonna be for nothing
Anthony was the product of Jonathan's third marriage, being the middle child - if you didn't count his adopted sister Penelope. As a child, and even now, Anthony kept to himself. He never really cried as a child and even when growing up he never really played with the other children or paid much attention to his other siblings for that matter. There was no particular reason, he just liked to be in his own company - and not in a self-absorbed way.
Anthony's first magical experience came fairly early on. He was was roaming about a meaningless party his father had throw and in a flash of events - Anthony ended up saving a kid. It might not have been from something life threatening but, he definitely saved the kid a trip to the hospital. To elaborate more on the occurrence, the other children had been running around when one of the kids knocked over a miniature pillar with a fairly heavy vase sent on top of it. Had it not been for Anthony's quick thinking and his magic kicking in, the vase wouldn't have levitated in the air and set back on the pillar, avoid the other child - who was on the other side. Anthony was 6. It wasn't much but, the parents were very grateful and it marked Anthony a wizard for life. Anthony also got something else out of the occurrence and that was a friend, who so happened to be the kid he saved.
In the beginning, the two clashed or maybe i should say Oscar, Anthony's new friends name, annoyed Anthony. Oscar was a bothersome child and like stated before, he annoyed Anthony. Especially when he wanted to be alone. Over time though, the two got close. Unlike most stories, where the two would grow up together, Oscar died at an early age. You see, Oscar was a muggle, a muggle with cancer. Anthony had learned of his friends illness pretty early on and became very protective of him. It also made them all the more closer. When Oscar died, Anthony was 10 and devastated. Like before, he went back to being distant, quiet, and a loner so to speak.
Like all wizards, Anthony received his Hogwarts letter and was sent straight there. He was sorted into Hufflepuff, which he really didn't care for. From there on, Anthony pushed his way through the years. Over time he came to terms with Oscar's death and as a result of it actually, Anthony found a small love for healing. He wasn't sure if healing was his career goal but, it was definitely something he liked to do. Something he invested a lot of studying in. Finally after graduating, at the top of his class, Anthony went on to live in the wizarding world. His first few years, he decided to travel the world - with the help of his father's money of course. In his travels, Anthony was scouted by a very successful modeling agency and because he wasn't to sure what he wanted to do with his life yet and he didn't wanna live off his father forever, he took the job. In a whirlwind of photo shoots and magazine covers, Anthony became pretty well known, mainly in the muggle world, but, also in the wizarding one. Although, just having the last name Bostwick was enough to put him in the spotlight. As of now, he's back in the Uk, staying at his own place, and looking for something other than his modeling career to peruse. His interest in healing was always an option but, then again, taking part in his fathers business wouldn't be so bad either.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Anthony's most notable trait are his more distant and reserved ones. Many people see him as very quite and isolated from the world, unwilling to trust anyone. And to some extent, it's kinda true. Anthony has always, with one exception, enjoyed his own company. He liked the quite and peacefulness that came with it. Not only that but, when a close friend of his was taken by the hands of death, Anthony didn't really wanna get close to anyone ever again. It destroyed him, and at such a young age at that. Because of it, It was hard for Anthony to make friends, he was always afraid something would happen to them and they'd be taken from him. I guess you could say that he was a bit traumatized.
What most people don't see though, is that Anthony, is actually a very noble and kind person once you've managed to get close to him. While he might not directly show his concern for you, he would ask if you've eaten, Or help solve a problem behind the sense - without taking credit. These traits were also a result of his one close friend. When Anthony learned of Oscar's illness, he became more protective towards the other but, also became more aware of other peoples feelings.
All in all, Anthony is a yes, a very quite and reserved soul but, he can also be a kind and gentle one. You just have to play your cards right and get him to open up to you first. Once you do you won't regret it because Anthony is not only friendly and kind but, he is also fiercely loyal and will do whatever it take to protect the people he has actually come to care and love for.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
He has a fairly successful career in Modeling career, though, it's not what he wants to do for the rest of his life.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
Face Claim: Diego Barrueco
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?