I'm resubmitting Aria since she's now 10 and she'll be at Hogwarts soon (not the next year to start but the one after) and the policies say 10 means resorting!
A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
One of her strengths is that she knows herself and has a lot of self-confidence. A weakness is that her strong personality and confidence can sometimes overpower those around her. She's the oldest and the boss (except for her Mum) and expects to be listened to and her instructions followed. She has lots of younger siblings and cousins but she's the oldest and expected to be the leader and example.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
Her biggest goal right now is to be the example in her family. She has a very large family but she's the first of her generation and she feels like she needs to prove herself. He parents and aunts and uncles are all very successful and she feels like she needs to accomplish something great or she'll be a disappointment.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
With her family. She enjoys when they all get together for birthdays or holidays and those times are very important to her. Is it loud...yes but she's social and enjoys getting to see everyone.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
She still sleeps with her overly cute stuffed niffler at night...but that's a secret. Possessions and things used to mean a lot to her but as she's grown up they're less important. She has some momentos and family heirlooms that have been passed down that are important to her but more for sentimental reasons than anything else.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
The importance of people. She feels like her whole life has been shaped because from a young age she always had family to help her and love her. She feels like if everyone had someone telling them they were important and loved the world would be better.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
She'd probably prefer Gryffindor or Hufflepuff since her parents were both in Hufflepuff and she tends to be like them but also has strong leadership qualities - hence Gryffindor. Part of her wonders what it would be like to be in Slytherin...but she doesn't think she would really fit in there.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Aria is a natural leader and leads her siblings and cousins whenever they're together. She's the one who creates the games, determines what's fun and what's not, and who can and can't play. To her credit she does try to be fair and tries to make sure everyone has a good time but doesn't always succeed. Of course since all the others are younger they let her take the lead and don't question her too much as long as they're having a good time.
In addition Aria does her best to try to prove to her family that she has something special and important to offer. She's proud of her family and very interested in the stories of those she's related to that came before her. Everyone in her family (at least all the adults) are exceptional and she secretly worries she won't live up to their name or reputation. She tries hard to make herself useful and visible putting forth her best effort to prove herself. She wants the adults to notice her and her gifts and tell her they're proud of her or how helpful she is. It may seem like she needs extra attention but it stems from a concern that she won't live up to expectations.
Finally Aria is diplomatic. She really does enjoy helping the adults do things and mediating the disputes between the kids doing her best to make it fair for everyone. She's learned that words can be much more important than actions and has learned to use her words accordingly. She likes to have a plan before embarking on any sort of game and makes sure everyone understands the plan or rules before starting. She has trouble spontaneously adjusting to things but as long as things are expected or planned for she can make sure everyone's having a good time.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
She was born the oldest child of Ash and Charity Prince. Her family is very rich so she's never really wanted for anything. She has a number of aunts and uncles that tend to spoil her with presents and giving their time to babysit her and letting her generally do what she wants. She did learn early that tantrums don't get you what you want...asking and talking does. She's always been a talker even when she's just talking to herself or her imaginary friends. As she's grown she's learned words are even more important and has better learned to use them to help lead her siblings and cousins.
Her parent's and relatives stories are their own, and can be read on their pages. She currently has three younger brothers, four female cousins and two male cousins ranging from seven to newborn. As such she has a lot of experience with younger kids and siblings and as the oldest has had her actions scrutinized by the adults in her family for a long time. At first she didn't care so much but as she's aged she started caring more about their opinions of how she should and shouldn't act and has adjusted accordingly.
When she was five she was able to get out into the enchanted forest around Prince Castle and had a nasty experience with her uncle Mark. It affected her deeply since she learned there really is dangerous and scary things out in the world and sometimes you have to rely on yourself to get out of a mess you got into. In addition it taught her the importance of rules...they're created to protect you and give you important boundaries so you don't get hurt.
The last few years have seen her grow up and mature a lot developing from something of a selfish spoiled child into someone who sees the positive qualities in others and does her best to let others shine. She still very much likes to get noticed and credit for her good work but is just as happy being acknowledged as part of a team as solo contributions. She's very good at coordinating and integrating separate personalities into working and playing well together and her strong diplomatic skills have really started to shine. She hopes to live up to the family name and reputation at Hogwarts and being the first of her generation at Hogwarts she hopes she'll be able to ease the others in as they start to follow in her path.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Yes, I've been using Lucy Merriam for her childhood, and plan to use Sierra McCormick for her Hogwarts career (Will transition over in a few months just before she starts at Hogwarts). I'll go make sure she's not used when Aria gets closer to Hogwarts age (since I wouldn't want to reserve her for that long) and if she is I'll find a different model.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
10 Years Old
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
I have 8 active characters (with a couple others that get RPed occasionally as the need arises) and 2 exotics.