A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Some would consider her biggest strength is her ability to lead people and the way she can think on her feet. However, she has a list of weaknesses but one of them would be the way she pushes everyone out and rarely takes notice of her own emotions and the way she can be ruthless to those she might have once loved.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Yes and no. Her dream of leading the serpents has played out as it was meant to but she doesn't feel like she truly deserves it or did the achievement (if you could call it that) right and ultimately has failed as a leader.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
With a bottle of gin and a blunt. Because why not?
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why? Her alcohol supply would definitely be the first one she'd choose to keep. Her leather jacket would be next. Would you count the Southside Serpents a possession? Because she definitely does. Though she would never admit to the last two, they would be a picture of her old family and her old comic collection.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
She'd probably get rid of the government all together and have the Southside rule. If not that, then she'd probably make every wizarding pub give out alcohol for free.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Artemisia was the second oldest of the Kingsley family, the eldest daughter, and was cursed to fail from the beginning. It was her, out of the four siblings, that suffered under the serpent's curse which would eventually force her to become the leader of the 'Southside Serpents'. Her parents, Mathew and Penelope Kingsley, often tried to deter her from the curse but Artemisia found it interesting and exciting growing up, often being found pretending to be in the gang when she was young. However, she was still close to her family and siblings and the curse was then just a childhood fantasy.Growing up, though, she was never a typical girl, often preferring to play with more boyish toys, such as nerf guns, and cringed away from dresses and makeup. Due to this, she often got into fights with her father who tried to push her into a more stereotypical gender role. Looking back, Artemesia could see why her father was so adamant in pressuring Artemisia into someone she wasn't. He had realised the curse had fallen on her.
Regardless, she was mostly happy as a child. Her mother was loving and less stressed about the curse and the rest of her siblings didn't really believe in it or cared enough to treat Artemisia any differently. When she was ten, she had her first instance of magic. It was during primary school and she had been caught sneaking into one of her teacher's offices to try and find her test result. She knew she had failed and wanted to slightly...edit her answers. When she realised she was caught, she found the papers suddenly set on fire. She was suspended, of course, but it meant Artemisia was a witch which is what she focussed on, of course. Artemisia was over the moon as it meant that she was going to go to Hogwarts and soon she got her letter of enrolment. She was sorted into Slytherin, unlike Ambrose who was in Gryffindor, and grew an infamous reputation. She was popular, one of the top students, but spent half her time breaking every rule in the book, eventually developing a reputation as a rebel.
By her fourth year, she was seeker of the Slytherin quidditch team and was a force to be reckoned with. She went through boys (and girls) as if they were days on the calendar and rarely took anyone else's emotions towards her into account. However, in her third year, she began to do more research on the Serpent gang, eventually deciding to initiate contact with her estranged aunt, the current leader of the gang. Her father had, of course, tried to hide her existence from his children, especially Artemisia, but that didn't stop her from finding out through going through his files and office. She'd accidentally stumbled onto her aunt's existence when she was twelve and wasn't sure what to do with the information so she stayed quiet. Until the next year of course. She'd become increasingly frustrated with her relationship with her father, finding it stifling and controlled, and had initially sought contact to piss him off, however, her motivation changed as she got to know her aunt and, in extension, the serpents more. Similarly to when she was a child, her curiosity over the gang grew and eventually, in her fourth year, she had begun to make plans to run away from her family and join the serpents but one of her letters were intercepted and her family discovered her plot.
As a consequence, she and her family was dragged to America in order for Artemisia to stay with them and away from the serpents. Enrolled into Ilvermorny, she did the opposite in Hogwarts. Instead of being popular and involved, she withdrew from the people around her, staying in the shadows, focussing on working on her magic and her grades, wanting to graduate the best she could possibly be. She never made any attachments to the students around her, knowing full well she was going to be gone as soon as she graduated, so what would be the point? When she graduated, she bolted back to England as fast as she could. In a month she was initiated into the serpents and was being groomed to one day become the next leader. Due to this, though, she lost touch with most of her family. Her eldest brother, Ambrose, visited her once a year but she rarely took notice of him and often made sure she was drunk whenever he did decide to visit. Logan, however, was more interesting. To her, anyway. He had followed her to England though she didn't realise this until a few years and began to visit him at least once a month. He didn't really care in the beginning but as she realised the path he seemed to be going down, marrying a girl and getting a legal career, she kept her distance. However, when he fell off the rails, she started going back, even offering him a place in the Serpents but he was far too gone and she eventually kept her visits to once a month after realising he was serious when he threatened her with violence. But, even then, the only thing she did was drink with him.
Her personal life, however, was taken up by the serpents, trying to lead them in the best direction she possibly could and avoiding the law as much as possible. Though she would never admit it to anyone, she found herself doubting her own actions throughout the years and is never sure if she is doing the gang right. What had sprung up, much to her surprise, was an on and off relationship with another one of the serpents, though she would never tell anyone about it. Despite this, the gang never faltered under her and some time later, her nephew, Leo, got in contact with her, signalling the end of her reign of the serpents in a few short months.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!) Sly, manipulative and cunning. Artemisia is the definition of a Slytherin and by extension: a snake. Which is fitting, for the Queen of the Southside serpents, and always prefers to stay one step ahead of the people around her. Often enticing and teasing, she doesn't let her true emotions be displayed for other people to see and use against her and often presents a flippant mask to most people. In reality, her mind is always ticking, pulling her surroundings apart to see how it could benefit her. She likes to know everything and anything, especially with the people she's dealing with, and often likes to collect people's secrets just in case she needs to use them against them one day.
She's quite protective, though, and is very willing to go to any lengths to protect those around her. She's also a leader, able to draw attention to herself whenever she enters the room. Something that she sometimes jokes is the Kingsley charm as she knows both her brothers also have this trait. However, she's not one for rules and has little time for those who strictly follow them, though she does like to enforce her own rules and demands with other people. However, she believes herself to be quite fair and just, especially as a leader, though this attempt can often be undermined by the situation and if she deems it necessary to be cruel.
She's also quite witty and quick with one liners, especially if she wants to deflect the subject or push someone out. She's also very fierce and street smart, though she is sometimes reckless and is working on this aspect of herself, trying to be more cautious with her decisions and think them through. In regards to her family, the Kingsleys, she doesn't really want anything to do with them anymore, except for the heir of course. However she's quite insecure and often doubts whether she's doing the serpents right but rarely ever lets people be aware of this and often resorts to alcohol when she's at her lowest.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Her profession is the leader of the Southside Serpents.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Single and no spouse or kids.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
This is my third character and no exotic.