A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- Asterin's main strengths are her intelligence and her observance, while her main weaknesses are her stubbornness (she's always right until proven wrong by genuine fact, and even then all fact exists with the possibility of being proven wrong).
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
- Her main objective is to see the wide universe and find a way to make time-travel a possibility again; there are so many things that have happened that she wished she could have been part of, and because of death there are so many things she won't get to be a part of. And she wants to see them all.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
- Just contemplating, probably. She's not much of a social person, except when it suits her, and the concept of closeness has long since been something alien to her post-losing her family.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- Her wand - because it gives her the ability to do magic.
- A quill and pen - so she can always write down the ideas that come to her.
- Her book on the theory of time travel science - it's Muggle science, but it's something.
- A necklace that has a tiny (non-functional) replica of a time-turner on it.
- A spare set of robes, because, well, they're always useful.
- Asterin doesn't really have that many items of sentimental value, overall.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
- Probably the fact that the Time-Turners are gone - she has a keen interest in time travel.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
- Asterin really wants to be in Ravenclaw; because her academic achievements are something she puts a lot of stock in.
The Sorting Quiz
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
The Character's Background
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
- Asterin Breckenridge is first, and foremost, an intellectual. The sort that wants to know how things work, mostly so that she can take advantage of them (although she'll never admit it). It's easily mistaken for innocent curiosity, which mostly it is, with the idea to find ways to benefit her. She's interested in unconventional subjects, science both magical and Muggle, in a way that makes her stand out and be seen as a bit of a nerd. She can talk about these things at length and honestly craves company with whom she can impart this knowledge and have them understand. She doesn't have a lot of time for those who are entertained with more conventional, age-appropriate pursuits like sport, Quidditch, etc; the only remotely recreational thing she much enjoys is wizard's chess.
- It's not that Asterin is antisocial, it is that she is very selective when it comes to her chosen company. She finds it difficult to maintain subjects she is not interested in unless she can find a way it would benefit her to do so. Her best place to be is the Astronomy Tower, the Library, or...basically looking for anywhere 'secret' that she perhaps shouldn't be. Curiosity apparently killed the cat, but she's not dead, so...
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
- Asterin Breckenridge was born in Glasgow to a Muggle man, and a female witch. She doesn't know who because she's been living in Lil Bundles all her life since she was put on the doorstep. All she's had is an overlarge necklace with a time-turner replica on it, leading her to believe that her parents were time-travellers that got trapped in time when all the time-turners were destroyed, but in a timestream that means she was still born. It doesn't make much sense, but it was a cool story, and nobody really dared to shoot her down - she'd come back with 'we all have magic, everything is possible' anyway.
- She kept away from most of the other kids, and preferred to learn, making the most use of the ability to learn to read and such other things. It entertained her more than the social life, anyway. She still remembers her first sign of magic - the classic idiot of the orphanage who liked to bully her for being a 'nerd' (a title she now wears with relative pride) being pelted with flying books that chased him around until the Accidental Magic squad came to stop it. He was not pretty after that and she's pretty sure he had a good deal of paper cuts. (He never came near her again.)
- Asterin has always wanted to be Ravenclaw. Slytherin, although she's cunning, is a bit too besmirched for her taste - Gryffindor's overrated, and Hufflepuff? Who wants to be 'the rest'? Not her. So, receiving the Hogwarts letter was cool. But less of a surreal experience than it was for the other kids; she'd viewed it as a right rather than a privilege. Her main goal for schooling is to find a way for time-travel to be possible again, so she can find her parents - that would, however, involve finding a way around time paradoxes, because if her parents were never lost she would never have needed to find them, etcetera...anyway.
- She's ridiculously excited about Hogwarts and all the secrets and keys to knowledge it holds. She's not looking forward to flying class, though - that much can wait.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
- Her FC is Isabelle Fuhrman.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
- 6 / 2