1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Aurelian Cromwell is the eptiome of a gentlemen in every sense of the word. He was trained rigoriously by his parents to exhibit nothing but manners to everyone and to display a level of geniuneness that allowed people to trust him. He is charming and occassionally witty with a smile that could break hearts upon witnessing it. He would do anything for those he cares about, even if it meant going to the ends of the earth. He is a driven young man with an eye for business and logistics and a overachieving personality that helps him climb his way to the top of the social pecking order. Aurelian was rather quiet and stayed behind the scenes at the Department of Mysteries since his graduation but his sudden change of pace in life has been proven to help him get out of his shell more. Unlike the minister and his pureblood status, Aurelian tends to believe that it should be equality for all but pushes his own bias down so that he may serve a bigot. Why you may ask? Becuase the best changes are made by an underling who watches and waits for the oppertunity to strike.
He is extremely well prepared most of the time and can be sort of a neat freak with a need to scribble and jot down important tidbits of information that is otherwise typically overlooked. He is absolutely brilliant and has been tested for a very high I.Q. He is a religious planner and is actually the perfect individual for the job as the Minister for Magic's personal assistant. He is prompt and always on time and brings an air of power and regality with him despite only being an assistant. He tends to believe he is the voice of logic and reason for Alistair and has been trying to condition the older male to bring about good changes rather than bad. While he doesn't agree with a lot of what has been happening politics wise, he still remains surprisingly and sadly loyal to the man who is setting the community back in time rather than forward. That isn't to say he is about to sit back and let it happen. He has his own ulterior motives for putting up with Alistair and will continue to do so until the end of his reign.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
The Cromwell Family is notorious for not being part of the Sacred Twenty Eight despite being extremely qualified. Since the dawn of their existence, each and every Cromwell was assigned a marriage to another very pureblood family in order to keep their status and blood pure. There even was rumors at one point that family had begun to marry family in order to keep it the purest as can be. The tradition of arranged marriages were no exception for James Cromwell and Ethel Lestrange, who in turn were arranged from the day that they were born in order to create good political standing and considerable wealth. Their marriage was hard at first but they eventually grew to love one another and even migrated to Scotland where they purchased an expensive chunk of land and built their dream home. Out of such arranged marriage, a little boy by the name of Aurelian was born within the first two years and brought a level of peace in the Cromwell home that couldn't be rivaled.
James Cromwell was an esteemed lawyer in his area and built not only his family in Scotland but an entire career and law firm from the ground up. From a young age, Aurelian used to want to be a lawyer too when he grew up and even shadowed his father's mannerisms in attempt to be just like him. He was smart and quick to learn and rather organized even as a child and by some standard, could be considered a child prodigy. By the age of five years old, he showed his first signs of magic when he was so happy he sprouted flowers from his ears. By age nine, he was following his father's lead and begun studying early to one day become Scotland's best lawyer. James and Ethel were always extremely proud people who picked and chose what he wore, ate, what educated he recieved and even his friends. They believed he had to have nothing but the best and while their efforts were out of love, they were suffocating poor Aurelian.
Aurelian was ten years old when he recieved his letter to attend Hogwarts and for the rest of that year, his parents argued whether they wanted to personally homeschool him or allow him to attend at the Castle in London. Eventually, they allowed their brilliant little boy to go to Hogwarts and he was instantly sorted into Ravenclaw. His years at Hogwarts were the best times of his life and he learned to grow and become his own person without the influence of his parents. In those years, he came to the realization that he didn't want to become a lawyer or take over the family's firm and wanted something bigger and better so when he graduated, he applied to be in the Brain Room at the Department of Mysteries. For five years he spent almost every waking moment there, sometimes even to the point that workers in the Ministry considered him a ghost. It came as a complete surprise when he resigned on his twenty fifth birthday and applied to be the Minister for Magic's personal assistant.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Personal Assistant to Alistair Fitzgerald
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
9 characters, 3 of which are exotic.
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?