A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each. Ayake is a girl whose loyalties are always questioned. She has a lot of responsibility, due to some incidents that happened before she went to Hogwarts. She believes people can get second chances, as long as they don't fuck up the second time. She's used to people saying, "Oh, poor you! Did you grow up in a sewer?" because she dresses weird. She doesn't care. She shakes off people's comments, but when it comes from somebody she's grown to admire, love or be friends with, she can't help it but drop everything she's doing and cry on a shoulder. Ayake had a bad history with an irreponsible classmate during kindergarten, and now she hates every single person who's a free rider, meaning that they don't do anything in a project, but still get part of the credit.
Being born in a Korean household makes it hard for her to grow up with Americans. Like, pizza? You eat pizza, on a plate? With iced Coca Cola? Whaaaat?!? Ayake is always curious about new things she'd never experience before, so if you take her to a theme park, she would be totally over the moon. She wasn't allowed to stay up late, or drink soda ("It's bad for your health, we need a healthy heir..") or, even worse, turn on the television. She was expected to be a student with straight As, and if she didn't achieve them, she would
die be locked in her room with only bathroom breaks and eating time for a whole week. She didn't like to study, though. She only does her stuff because she's not a fan of a teacher ranting at her. Inside she holds a great deal of pain, but she covers it up with jokes and fake smiles. She can be easily scared by something ugly and gross, but she normally doesn't show it. She can be described as "courageous" by her parents' friends, but deep down, Ayake knows she actually isn't.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
"Stay. Please, don't leave!"
This was what Seo Woo yelled at the night when her to-be fiancé, Jin Jae-hyun, had a fight with Seo, and it ended up in a disaster. Seo's heart was broken, and it didn't help when she realized she was pregnant and eating for two. Suicide seemed like the best option. However, Seo's mother talked her out of it. Since she was a witch, and Jin was a wizard, Seo was pretty sure the unborn baby was going to be a wizard as well. Then for Seo's 27th birthday, Jin appeared at her doorstep with a bunch of flowers and a sorry heart. Noticing Seo's round state, he questioned her, and when Seo said, "No thanks to you, bitch" Jin's heart shattered. He desperately needed Seo back in his life, or his sanity would be gone. He flung himself to Seo's feet and begged her to take him back; he was really sorry, blah blah blah. Thankfully, Seo was soft-hearted, and she couldn't bear the idea herself not living with him. Seo agreed, and they married. Not too long after that, Ayake was brought into existence by a Hufflepuff and a Gryffindor.
Ayake was taught the proper ways of being a Korean girl. She loved it sometimes, but she hated it as well. She wanted to go out and play; what was the matter? Nevertheless, Ayake later grew into her mother's and father's expectations. Her mother and father was so proud of her she would have almost new dresses every week, which almost spoiled her, but she could be quite embarrassed by the gifts, so she didn't bring herself to that. She then went in kindergarten, or as the Romans called it, the mouth of the wolf. She then realized kindergarten was a nightmare. When she had to do a project, her best friend at that time was a Muggle called Anna. Anna really wanted to do the project with her, but she didn't see the format layouts or ideas like Ayake did. She saw the playing signs and a chance to invite Ayake to her home. As a result, Anne didn't do ONE. SINGLE. THING. in the project and Anne even blamed Ayake for not letting her do anything! The nerve. This led to Ayake being really, really cautious about choosing her partners.
Ayake had some I-don't-care-I-hate-you-you-bitch moments with her father or mother, but they mostly made up. Ayake loved her parents; even though they had some arguments now and then, Ayake still heard them say sorry every time. She heard all about the amazing stories of Qudditch, the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor house, and they all seemed like legends. They eventually moved to England, where Hogwarts was set, because Seo's mother lived there and Seo wanted some help to raise Ayake. Ayake’s first magical moment was when she was six, and she happened to see her father’s old broomstick for Qudditch. She was told it could fly, so she muttered “Fly!” and up it went. When she told her parents what happened, they couldn’t be anymore prouder. Up until the day Ayake's Hogwarts letter came. Ayake would never forget her parent's crying faces, yet they were not crying with sadness, they were crying with joy, hoping their child would come home, sweeter and better than ever (*scoff scoff* yeah right *scoff*). Ayake picked up the materials she needed and went off to Hogwarts.
She's hoping for a warm welcome.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Bae Joo-hyun/Irene (fRoM ReD VeLvEt)
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!) Pure-Blood.
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) no..
6) What year is your character in?
7) The Sorting Hat has been known to take house preference into consideration. If your character could select one house they believe they are best suited for, what would it be and why?
She would be fine with anything, seriously, but just not Ravenclaw.
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character. c:
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs.
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?
Hi! She's good too go, but I just have some things I would like to ask just for the sake of clarity because I got rather confused reading them. They're small points but bear with me.
- In your personality, you mention she was raised American but in her history I see no reference to her moving too England where DARP is set. Was this intentional? If so, why did she move too England/not go too Ilvermorny?
- In your history, you refer too Anna as a mortal. I find this part rather confusing. Are you trying to say Anna's a non magical person, as in a muggle? However, I'm also interpreting it as a condescending sort of manner. Like when someone refers to someone as a peasant. If it's the latter then don't mind me! I'm just confused.
sorry for confusing you, because the points you stated also confuses me a bit. :/
please excuse me rusty character making I just came back lol :v
i kind of changed them, hopefully they'll make more sense c:
thank you! C:
All good! Thanks for the clarification 💛