1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc.
Benjamin Flaherty was born and raised in Ireland with a Muggle Father and a Witch mother. He led a seemingly normal life, believing himself to be a Muggle, for his mother despised her magic. His mother had come from a long line of dark wizards, married a Muggle to be rid of the magic world when she graduated Hogwarts (she had been a Ravenclaw), and raised her son in the dark, far from wizard of any kind. When his first signs of magic appeared, his mother pretended he was lying, and his father certainly had no explanations, so Benjamin believed there to be something critically wrong with him. When he was 11, he didn't see his Hogwarts letters until one fell on top of him while he was sleeping. He opened it up, and confronted his parents. His father knew nothing, and his mother finally confessed. Benjamin was furious, and spent much of his youth seemingly headed down the same dark path of his mother's family. Until his fifth year at Hogwarts, he realized that to go down that path wouldn't gain him anything. He shaped up from there, performed well on his O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts and started to gain some real rapport in the Wizarding World.
Benjamin is 26, and hasn't been able to really hold a job in the last 9 years since graduation. He's had all sorts of odd jobs in every place you can imagine, but once people found out who he was related to, they let him go, which frustrated him to no end. He's been living in the London area, hoping to find work, and escape the dark past of his relatives that he knows nothing about.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
Benjamin's strongest characteristic is his determination. Despite getting continuously rejected, he keeps at life, and doesn't let rejection get him down. If he's pushed too far, he overreacts sometimes and can get quite scary when he's angry, but he tries to control it, because he believes this to be a quality similar to his heritage that he's trying to shove off. He's emotionally distant from others-- a defensive mechanism he developed over the years as part of being constantly rejected.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Half-blood. No notable relations, he just knows his mother comes from a line of dark wizards.
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
He's heard there's some openings on the Wizengamont, and is hoping to apply there. He believes that by being a vote on the jury, he can help put dark wizards away-- and by extension, perhaps learn to shut away his own inherited demons.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids? He's single.
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
:B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
:B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
6, 1 (it's a House Elf)
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
-6 (US Central Time)