A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- His strength is his big heart and award-winning personality. His weakness is his tendency to believe every insult and let it affect him negatively.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
- His life hasn't played out how he wants. He wants to be a writer, he wants to express his creativity - he doesn't want to be stuck evaluating Hogwarts. It's not what he's into, but he does it, because it's what his mother told him to do, and really, she's someone he isn't interested in pissing off.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
- His ideal way of spending a free day would be in his own world (his room), reading from his library and gaining the muse he needs for his stories and poems.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- He'd maintain a picture with Charles, Mars, Aurélie and Alastair when he was a little boy. He'd also maintain his wand, else his mother would probably disown him. He would keep his writing notebook & his pen - the one that his father once owned, with the name Kingsbury etched onto it. Last of all, he'd keep his cellphone. Though he's eternally loyal to his owl Alexander, he has to admit, communication through phones are more efficient.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
- Bentley would probably undo the Statue of Secrecy. Maybe mingling with muggles will make the stuck-up upperclass families humble up a little.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
- Alastair & Aurélie Kingsbury are a high society family that never really did dig their heels properly into the world that hosted all the big & powerful families of the wizarding world. It was a fact that stood prominently and drove a wedge between the Kingsbury family and those that were "on their level". It made Aurélie a bitter woman that sought more and more power. She wanted to make every woman envious of her. She wanted men to fawn over her. Alastair was just a way to get what she wanted - she wouldn't need him when she got what she wanted.
- Alastair loved Aurélie with his being, but he was well aware of why she'd married him. In the end, he was alright with it - he just wanted her to be happy & have all she wanted. He had her and their children, and that's what mattered. Charles,
MargaretMars and Bentley was all he needed. They reminded him of Aurélie and returned his affections. It's all that mattered to him, aside from the fact that they're his children, obviously.
- Bentley was very little when his father died, little enough that he doesn't have any memories with him so much as with his stepfather, Tiernan Tyrrell. The man has been around for years, even before Bentley's dad died. Tiernan and Aurélie were having an affair that led to their marriage after the latter was left widowed and the former divorced from former wife Leona Tyrrell. It's a well-guarded secret that not many know about, though the suspicions definitely are there.
- He and his siblings are very close, at least more than they are to the Tyrrell spawns, whose custody was given to their father after Tiernan unwittingly made their mother come across as mentally unstable and unreliable in their custody battle. The family has its divides and its struggles, but they're able to put on a very nicely woven picture for those that need to believe they're your perfect family. To be perfectly fair, that's what Aurélie believes - that she has the perfect family. All pure-bloods, no squibs, and she's married to the brother of former Minister for Magic Estella Tyrrell and uncle to current Minister for Magic Julius Tyrrell.
- His magic's first manifestation occurred when he was eight, and it involved not knowing how to put his first short story in words, a pen, sudden creativity and a very full notebook. It was amazing. He already knew what has happened, so it didn't involve a thorough conversation. Aurélie had made sure her kids were very well-versed in their abilities' history and what was expected of them to do. They were destined for greatness, she'd said, and they had to prove everyone they were the best of best.
- Honestly, Bentley was as into that whole we are superior complex as Mars was. His mother was a very arrogant and prideful woman, someone who strived to be envied by everyone. Bentley was different. He didn't value that kind of thing. Though most his step-siblings and half-siblings were like Aurélie and Tiernan, he proved to be different than that. It became clearer and clearer as he hit Hogwarts, was sorted into Ravenclaw, and drifted apart from his family. An invisible line was being drawn between him and his family.
- Bentley attended Beauxbatons briefly for fifth and sixth year, due to his mother's concerns of his involvement with some degrading muggle-born students that could lead to him dropping out, like his sister. She didn't want another disgrace in the family. She didn't. So she sent him off, believing it to be for the best, even though Bentley constantly reassured her he would finish his education. He was able to gain an air of delicacy at Beauxbatons, as the school is known to do with all its students. He became even more refined than he was when he left, and his manners grew tenfold. It was during that time he learned French & Spanish, what with the abundance of students from France & Spain respectively. He was back for his seventh year at Hogwarts in a state better than when he left, which says a lot. He was relieved to be back, though. Hogwarts was a more comfortable place than Beauxbatons ever was.
- Bentley was able to pursue his interest in writing throughout his years at Hogwarts. He was a skilled writer with a bright future. However, that future dissipated when he graduated. He had excellent marks that would provide for a great job. His mother made it clear she didn't want him to be a writer - she disapproved and would go to any length to make sure her youngest through Alastair wouldn't end up like his sister Margaret, who dropped out of Hogwarts, became Mars, and entered the show business. He was better than that, Aurélie was sure of it. She was able to go through her connections and ensure him a job within the Department of Magical Education, as a Hogwarts Inspector.
- It's not Bentley's passion. He wants to be better than that. He wants to be a writer. His mother's jarring words, though, have made him insecure throughout his years, and thus he's unsure of whether he has a future in that department. He wants to, he really wants to, but he's sure it won't go anywhere. His mother would make sure of it.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
- Bentley Kingsbury doesn't particularly stick out in his family, nor does he fit in. He's sort of in between - he's not as far gone as his sister Mars, but he's not as into the feelings of superiority like his mother & stepfather. It's why he often comes off as the disinterested little git living off his family and their name, with everything that comes with it. But he's not like that - there's more than meets the eye.
- You don't get to see the way Bentley tries to maintain interest in the family affairs. You don't get to see how his lack of interest stems from his family's superiority and his disinterest in that kind of lifestyle. He doesn't particularly want to live off his family, but right now, he hasn't got much of a choice, with such an intrusive mother that's very willing to make his life a living hell. And Bentley - he doesn't want to drift too far from her. She's his only mother. The person that brought him to the world.
- Bentley is warm and kind and worries over everyone he's close to and everyone he's not. He knows when to put distance between himself and others, but he doesn't like doing that - he prefers facing problems head on. He prefers resolving things and getting to the bottom of things. While what's unknown attracts him, Bentley wants to know if something is wrong and he wants to know how to fix it. He's just as into knowing than he is into not knowing.
- He's really into poetry and creative writing - he wasn't a Ravenclaw just for his craving to know things and get to the bottom of that which is unsolved. He's very imaginative and allows himself to take it to the next level - he's a very adept poet & writer. Bentley has the capability of taking it to a professional level, but right now, he's very insecure of his abilities and whether he'd succeed or not.
- Bentley is very expressive. He's an open book & has no problem with voicing what he feels. It's never much of a problem for him, saying what's going through his mind, but he does struggle knowing who to share it with. His go-to is always the person closest to him, so long as it's appropriate and doesn't seem like too much for the other person. His go-to has always been Mars, since his group of friends has never been wide enough to go to others.
- There are times where Bentley might come off as snobbish, or as though there's an air of superiority to him, but he never means it. He doesn't realize when it happens, as that's just how he's been raised. He's very perceptive, though, so the times it happens are followed shortly by thorough apologies. Bentley is a sincere guy with a big heart; he doesn't want to invoke the same negative emotions his mother does him.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
- No, he doesn't.
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
- He works in the DoME as a Hogwarts Inspector.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
- He's single & has no kids.
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
- My characters are listed here.