A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Blair is very supportive of others, patient, and diplomatic. She is also quite creative and altruistic. However, she is not very assertive and tends to conform to other’s wishes. Blair is also sensitive and can burn out easily.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Blair thinks that compared to the exciting magical lives of her Wizarding peers, hers is quite dull and uneventful. Not that she is complaining- she doesn’t like going on risky death defying adventures. She also thinks that her tendency to avoid danger spared her from some events that occur in the Wizarding world. She enjoys her mild knitting and tea, and quite content.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
She would sleep until 11am, wake up, and perhaps have some cereal. She would read the news for ten minutes, and then sit in her recliner and knit for a few hours. She would stop for food, perhaps a little internet browsing, until it is time to sleep. She likes having a slow, calm day, free of any world disasters.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
Knitting supplies, her computer, and phone. They are the most vital to her livelihood.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
The dangers- she wishes it was more free and whimsical instead of the now dark and brooding. She wishes that the idealistic version of the Wizarding world was alive- like how one views it as a child.
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Otto Paul Aldenberg, a squib, and his parents were Germans who lived in the “vaterland” up until WWII. Their family was threatened by Adolph Hitler and his Aryan ideals. Magdalena, Otto’s mother, was Jewish, and Hans, Otto’s father, was a wizard. They escaped Germany before the borders closed, and seemed asylum in England. The family for the rest of their time in England, pretended to be normal, avoiding all contact with their family in Germany until the war ended.
Otto, who was studying to be a catholic priest, met an English woman, Janina. After consideration, he ceased his studies, and began a relationship with Janina, eventually marrying her. He had success in England as an insurance salesman, and had a child, Anne.
Anne, grew up, went to college, married, and had a child at a late age, named Blair. Due to her squib ancestry, she was born with magical powers. It was not until she was 5, however that she showed any sign on magic. Blair and her mother were grocery shopping, and she wanted a cat toy, despite not having a cat. When her mother said no, she magically put it in the shopping cart. Both her mother, Anne, and her father, Quinn, had no knowledge of the magical world, and thus were confused when a wizard showed up at their apartment when Blair turned 11.
Blair was sorted into Hufflepuff, and stayed relatively quiet, receiving the most average of grades, and participated in a knitting club. It was almost as though she did not exist.
One thing she did have, was her calm knitting. If she was anxious, she knitted. If she wanted to avoid confrontation, she went to another room and knitted. Thus, despite warning to avoid muggles, she moved to Glasgow, and decided to sell her works on a muggle website, e-bay. While she may not make as much money as her peers in “real” occupations, she makes enough to pay rent, and buy more knitting supplies.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Blair has an inborn sense of idealism and morality. She is often perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy. However, she has an inner flame and passion that few see. When it comes to decisions, she is led by honor, beauty, morality and virtue, not rewards and punishments.
Blair can easily speak in parables and metaphors, if she even speaks at all, as she tends to shy away from others. Her gift with language lends itself well to her own desire for harmony.
While knitting, she often drifts into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical. Blair can tend to lose touch, withdrawing into "hermit mode", and it can take a great deal of energy from the rare loved one to bring her back to the “real world”.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
She knits various items and sells them on e-bay.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
Hi there! I'm afraid I can't approve your character until you have written her personality ("The Character's Background", question 3).