A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer. His strengths would be his compassion, focus, loyalty, intelligence, responsibility, and his basic ability to raise people up while not drawing attention to himself. His weaknesses include his basic inability to throughly understand people, and his slight case of social anxiety... he's hoping that this move to Hogwarts helps him overcome it.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why? He really hasn't set out any goals yet... he just wants to graduate and see where life takes him.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so? His idea of spending a free day would be with his father, usually listening to what's going on at work, training, and reading. He's a simple guy.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why? 1) His wand.
2) A small survival kit.
3) A family photograph
4) A book or two.
5) A small charm bracelet from his grandmother before she passed on.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why? Blair probably would want to change the fact that the ministries really don't seem to be doing much... He would want to try and get them more involved in the every-day lives of magicals and try and get them to work with the No-Magic governments to make everyone safe and happy.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why? He doesn't care, really.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!) Blair is a model son. He obeys his parents, does not talk back, and does not mess up. If he's unable to do something, then you can guess that he'll figure out how to do it without asking for help. He's particularly focused when he's working on stuff and doesn't always react well to being interrupted. Blair is quite intelligent, when he wants to be, and he is a pretty complex guy... but given time, he'll let people see through the walls he has put up to try and keep people out.
He's a tried and true military brat, and he's happy that he's gotten the chance to explore the world... much more than normal people get to do. Blair is respectful, especially to those who are older, but if they don't deserve his respect... then they don't get it. Blair is surprisingly quiet, usually staying in the shadows, and is also loyal. His father raised him to be a gentleman, and that's what he tries to show as much as he can.
Born under the sign of Taurus, Blair is heavily reliable, patient, and practical. If it's something he can do by himself or with little complexity as possible, then he'll do it. He tries to keep his environment stable, and calm, but when under large amounts of stress, Blair does not seem as affected as most. He can sometimes be mistaken for stubborn, but he always corrects them that it's commitment. Blair tries not to draw attention to himself, and he is more of a supporting character, helping build people up and not draw himself into the spotlight.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!) General William Caldwell had his eye on one woman in particular... a beautiful blonde-haired woman named Christine Wrangell. Over the months, he always tried to help her out as much as possible, albeit secretly, and watched as she made her way up the ranks to Colonel. Once she hit the Colonel rank, William finally caught her one afternoon and asked her to coffee. That coffee date turned into a dinner date, which turned into multiple dates... until it finally turned into one diamond ring.
They married two years after William proposed to Christine, and soon the news swept their base that Christine was pregnant. They didn't wait to start trying for a family, and surprisingly the Wrangell luck hit early. Christine went into labor early on April 22, 2019, and at 6:20 in the evening on April 23rd, she gave birth to their son. They named him Blair William Caldwell, after his great-grandfather and father.
Blair was a bouncing happy baby. He rarely cried, except when he was tired, but other than that, his parents got good nights' sleep. Surprising, right? Well, the older he got, the more his father begun to turn his focus to his son, beginning to shape him into a perfect little gentleman and teaching him what he needs to know in order to thrive in life on the base. What they didn't expect, however, was magic to come into play.
A few weeks after his sixth birthday, he accidentally turned their coffee table into a small go-kart mainly to chase after their cat, and that prompted some startlement, but mainly sighs. The older he got, the more common these incidents became, until he turned eleven and was accepted into Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He was chosen by Wampus and Thunderbird and chose to go into Thunderbird. His first three years passed normally, with him taking the number one spot in his class year, and working his arse off to try and keep that position.
However, the summer before his fourth year, his father received orders that moved the Caldwells to London... and so Blair unwillingly left his friends at Ilvermorny to come to Hogwarts. He knows what Hogwarts will be like, and is sort of eager to see what might await him in the complex halls of the school.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Blair's average height for his age, but truth be told, he's not an average guy. His eyes are bright, and piercing, almost staring into people's souls. His blonde hair is usually side-swept or combed back, and is rarely loose or messy. He walks with an elegance that's more of a business-like stride than anything... and when he's training, he's quite graceful. Blair is a handsome young man and he knows it, but he doesn't flaunt it. He is modeled by Hunter Parrish.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) No-Maj Born... None.
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) None.
6) What year is your character in? Fourth.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)? 8. 2.