1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Bodhi is a hardworker overall, giving 110% in every single unfulfilling job he's ever had. He's learned to be fake to survive in a fake world, and how to make people happy even if he's unhappy himself. He's an extrovert with limited friends and limited people he trusts to fully cement themselves in his life. He's the kind of person that staves off his feelings with work and being busy, and hasn't had time to self explore because of it. His trust is earned through interactions and constant interactions, generally because of how private he is (although the life he has is barely there so it can hardly be called private). The 23 year old has practiced charisma that generally revolves around being receptive to what others are saying and then demonstrating he's listening. Bodhi is quite skilled at magic, although he doesn't use it often. Unlike many wizards, he has a car and typically avoids using magic for menial tasks as much as possible.
Bodhi is generally patient, mainly because he has to be. Even though he's patient, however, he has a good sense of when to intervene to speed along a process, and when not to because it'll seem too intense. He isn't easily distracted and has laser focus for whatever tasks he has. He's meticulous and organized, but mess doesn't bother him so much as inconvenience him. He's fine with other being messy, but he himself would rather not live in an un-ordered atmosphere. He hates quiet places and has an affinity for cities. In a sense, he's afraid of being alone. Bodhi used to be a hopeless romantic but now of days doesn't have time to think of such silliness.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
The first thing Bodhi wanted to be was ice cream. It was sweet cool and lovable, and he's pretty sure he would've been popular if he was ice cream. The first most precious memories he's had in life were scooping ice cream with his dad in his ice cream truck. It's how he made his first friends in Belfast, albeit with the bribery of possible free ice cream from his dad. Youth made life simple. Things started becoming more complicated, or so Bodhi thought, once magic started kicking in him. It started with him at five accidentally magically creating grape flavoured ice cream. The shop became a hit because of the unusual option, but his dad's marriage took another hit when his mom up and disappeared from the family. Believing that his mom left because of his innovation. Bodhi stopped, subconsciously, producing grape flavoured ice cream. Rising city costs and a lack of a second provider meant his dad had to work twice as hard and ended up taking other jobs with the ice cream shop no longer being profitable.
The young and earnest kid missed what they had and didn't know what to do. His mother never did come back, but he held hope that maybe, with the peace offering, eventually she would. He held on hope to this idea, and counted the days to her return. This was the foundation for his childhood optimism. The two had to live on the street for a while once rent went up. Many kids made fun of him for being poor and the friend's he had before were no longer his friends. Bodhi didn't know how his dad did it, but he found the money to take computer classes, and eventually found work in the IT business. It propelled them to an even better standard of living, and Bodhi thought this would be when his mother returned. Soon his eleventh birthday came and passed, bringing a new dawn to his life.
The newfound knowledge of magic explained his grape ice cream, and he thought maybe other things could be related, like his father suddenly having the money for IT classes. School was more tolerable with him meeting more people than he usually would and just as unfamiliar and scared kids. The growing boy aspired to be half as strong or half as successful as his reborn father, and he worked at it in class. With him being so new to magic, he worked harder than the pure bloods, until magic to him became as instinct as it was for them. His diligence and cleverness made him one of the top students in the classroom, and most if not all thought he would become headboy by seventh year. He even received prefect in his fourth year, a rare feat. Half way through his fifth year, however, tragedy struck. Bodhi's father had been fine one day, but the next, he had cancer.
A visit to the doctor after his father got fired for acting erratically revealed stage four brain cancer. He died quite soon, but the trauma didn't allow Bodhi to go back to school. Instead, he hustled in shops, selling his father's things to create a new life for himself. Grit dulled some of his feelings, and he became quite good at selling things. He became a wizard door to door salesman, making his fortune doing so. At about the age of 20, he came upon a lucrative business idea. Dating apps in muggle culture were a hit, although such a website was more difficult to replicate in wizard society. He built on this thoughts to create what he thought would be a profitable market, one that would inevitably be of his making. At 23, with all the savings he had, he attempted to open up this place.
Before he did however, he finally saw her. He'd been taking a casual stroll in a mall in Belfast, when he saw her, holding hands with a man and walking with three young adults who shared her and the man's traits. It only made sense for him to close that chapter of his life as he opened a new one.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
:A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
:D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
7. What road tempts you the most?
:A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
:C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
:D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
8 chars 2 exotic
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?