1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. Boomer boomed into life in 2009, his muggle parents giving birth in a hospital in Los Angeles. They weren’t the richest of families, his parents being restaurant owners in a more impoverished area of koreatown. They made enough to live above the poverty line, however, and that’s all the happy little family needed. Growing up, Boomer was a fan of fairytales and loved playing prince or knight. While his father disapproved of his active imagination, his mom encouraged him in his pursuits. She read him bedtime stories like king arthur or lord of the rings, and constantly reminded him that anything could happen. Kids teased him for being a dork, something he never completely grew out of.
Around age seven, he really got into the concept of “love”. His mom was a sucker for romcoms so he watched them regularly with her. When his grandmother came over, they watched kdramas together as well. He realized then what a romantic he was- he started seeing people differently, dreaming of a prince or princess to save, hoped to find his one true pairing. His father was deeply concerned about his son’s newfound interest and tried to “man him up” by sending him to live with his brother Evan, who had a house full of older guys (his sons) and masculinity. As expected, this didn’t work out well, but Boomer did manage to show his first signs of magic there by sending a smoky heart to one of the sons.
When Boomer was 11, someone arrived at Boomer’s door to notify him of two things. One, he was a wizard; Two, he was cordially invited to attend Ilvermorny. David (Boomer’s dad) honestly didn’t want his son to go, figuring a magic school like that would only egg on his son’s departure from reality. David never argued this, however, instead pushing more on the side of financial difficulties. Finally, Boomer’s mom and dad agreed they could make ends meet by renting out Boomer’s room while he was away. Thus, Boomer started attending Ilvermorny, promptly sorted into Pukwudgie.
Boomer’s first year at Ilvermorny was a blast. The classes were good, the people were nice, and there is something insatiably fantastic at being a magic wielder. He also figured if there was any place to fall in love and find his one true person, it would be here. Unfortunately, tragedy struck once he returned home, promptly learning from his father that while he was away, his mom had been having difficulties, and the doctors had diagnosed her with Early Onset Alzheimer’s. Of course, Boomer knew. His mom had forgotten him on several occasions the year before. He just never told anyone because he was afraid they’d take her away from him. The doctor’s agreed that her condition was still stable enough to live at home with David, but this would again, put a strain on their budgeting. Boomer, feeling guilty, promised to sell his magic books and only borrow from his friends in order to recuperate some money. He also promised to help in the restaurant as much as he could during the summer. Something David failed to mention, as a request from Sandra (Boomer’s mom) to save some of his childhood, is that it was actually Early Onset Familial Alzheimer's Disease. Boomer didn’t know he had a 50/50 chance of having it as well.
Back in school, he studied harder then ever, having to use his friend’s textbooks when they weren’t using them. In addition to this, he started writing heaps of fanfiction and short stories, as a form of coping with the worry for his mom. As years progressed, he also started flirting a lot, scanning for his hearts desire. Unluckily for him, everyone he was interested in only considered him a hella friend, and no one really pursued his dorky behind. He did find that, despite him never having been in a relationship, he was pretty good with relationship advice. Somehow, kdramas romcoms tumblr and fanfiction all paid off.
In Boomer’s sixth year, he finally got a girlfriend. It was someone he had loved for a while but felt a little inadequate loving her, because she was his senior. Now in sixth year, however, they were of equal age. It was just Boomer’s luck to be in mutual affection with the one ghost around his age. Their relationship was almost out of one of Boomer’s cheesy YA novels. By the end of the year, Boomer was positive he was going to stay in Ilvermorny as a janitor or something, just to be with her, having vowed that nothing would separate them.
Apparently, they hadn’t taken into consideration the last stages of Alzheimer’s. The specific gene mutation Sandra’s Alzheimer’s came from affected the quickness of the disease, making it one that would kill her in 6 to 7 years. By now David had had to put her in a facility for her own good. Money was tighter than ever, and soon, they knew Sandra’s time would be up. Boomer, being the kind gent he was, wanted to work towards giving Sandra one last good moment. Sandra had always wanted to visit London, and by now Boomer knew how to apparate. Thus, he may have apparated with her to London. Boomer showed her around, even though it was his first time visiting as well. She might not have enjoyed it as much as she would’ve when younger, and she may have been confused and unresponsive a good deal of the time, but they had fun. The two stayed for three days, upon which the last day, Sandra died of aspiration pneumonia, looking at Big Ben. Boomer apparated back with her body. Funeral expenses put them more into debt, but David and Boomer just wanted her to have a hella decent plot.
At the funeral, David revealed to Boomer of his chances of getting Alzheimer’s as well. At first he was angry, but then he was resigned. Boomer knew the only reason they hadn’t told him was because it would ruin his belief in fantasy. In the end, the truth did bring him back to ground, and crush some of his hopes. He’s always hated a sad ending, but he came to terms with sad endings being the world’s reality.
Boomer decided to drop out of Ilvermorny to spend time with his grieving dad, as well as alleviate the debt, that was threatening to foreclose their restaurant. It had already foreclosed their home. He sent a letter to his ghostly girlfriend, explaining the situation and breaking up with her. Boomer told her he realized that life wasn’t the fairytale, and didn’t want her to have to deal with the possibility of their own bittersweet ending. He didn’t want her to be worried about him the way he was worried about Sandra. As part of his crusade to protect his ghostly girlfriend, he failed to mention the likelihood of him also getting alzheimer's.
When Boomer was about 19, one of his grandmother’s passed away. While they weren’t close at all, she still left him a hefty sum of money, enough to start a new life. The restaurant was back on its feet, doing extremely well, and David hoped his son could at least experience more of the world now that they were stable. He tried to coax him into going back to school and finding a magical profession, but Boomer declined. Finally, David tried to remind Boomer of what his mother would have wanted for him. Thinking about his mother, whom he hadn’t thought about in a while, woke up some of his dead hopes again. When he was about 20, he decided to start again in London, a nod to his mom. No matter how short his life could be, he hoped to do some good and maybe save someone else’s hope in fantasies. He started forming a plan for a shop that would use his powers of intuition and silly love stories.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? Boomer is sociable, easy to talk to, and likable. He has an impeccable fashion sense, and tends to care about his appearance, which can throw off some people into thinking he is a douche. Looking at his sense of humor, he can be witty, and enjoys having humorous conversations at any given moment. Boomer finds humor to be one of the core aspects of human life, besides romance, charity, and fraternity. Romance is merely on his list, however, because he is such a huge romantic. All the fanfiction and shojo novels he’s read certainly doesn’t help, nor does his shipper heart. Interestingly, he has a distaste for The Notebook and a few other Nicholas Sparks works, although this may also have to do with his general preference to manga. Boomer loves kdrama’s, and is teased constantly for falling into the asian stereotype.
When it comes to attitudes, Boomer can pretty much relate to anyone, unless they somehow manage to irk him. He’s adept in shade throwing even if he likes the person or not, which is why it is one of his biggest vices. Another one of his vices is the constant need to help someone; while this may not seem inherently bad, he will literally go out on a limb for a stranger, which tends to complicate his life and that of those nearest to him. Surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly, Boomer is what many call “pure”, in the sense that he lacks a dirty mind and generally won’t jump to that kind of a conclusion. Adult themes don’t disgust him or make him skittish however; on the contrary, he finds it pretty funny when someone can make that sort of relation while he is too thick to see it. He would encourage dirty mindedness, even if he lacks it. Besides this, Boomer is pretty intuitive, part of the many things that make him good at reading people. Another is, of course, years of romantic media.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Non-maj born/ Muggleborn
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
He is unemployed but will search employment end eventually run a business
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
:B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
:B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
3 charries; one exotic
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
- "Thus, he may have bet the rules a little and apparated with her to London." If he was a minor, he could not apparate. No exceptions. He would have gotten splinched. He needs a license.
It was right before seventh year, and his birthday is april 11th, ergo he was of age. Sorry if my wording was confusing, I took out the "bent rules" part. I only said that because I was unsure if it was legal in the wizarding world to apparate with muggles.
- The muggle is his mother, so it should be alright, given she already knew of his wizarding abilities.