1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Hmm, hmm, hmm, Brooklyn loves to sing, so much, and is a very talented singer - but she's not really a international singer or anything, but like Martin Luther King Jr has, she too has a dream, to sing to her hearts desire on stage.
Brooklyn is a also a staunch feminist and totally pro-LTBQ+ whatever, this girl actually sings about their oppression and whatever, she likes sending waves of Rainbow joy throughout her pride, yo, she's the top dog, yo, and she'll fight the upper class, fight that oppression until her last breath, and she'll never give up, no matter what the big bag white man does up top. She's pretty fucking proud of it too - she will make a stand wherever she is, because that's who she is, a freedom fighter, a pro-resistance girl, and someone who will beat the fuck out of the borquisis up on top. She's your girl, she'll do it, damn whatever anyone else thinks of it.
She sings, she dances, she swings, she loves the Black Panther movie, and when the movie first came out, she wore raven-colored clothing like a cat and made a lot of hissing noises on stage, which in return, gave her the name of "Raven" a nickname she loves and will likely utilize whenever possible for the gang of resistance in England. She's off to fight a war, and every cat has claws, as that nasty prime minister will see with her, she has claws and teeth as long as the state building & their about to cut him in two, for all that she cares about that fifthly piece of a man
Neverthless, politics withstanding, she's brave, vibrant, and loves wearing leather everywhere - this girl loves the musky smell of it, in all honesty - and oh man, is she the kind of girl that loves motorcycles. She lacks concern that their muggle devices actually, because hell, she does what she wants to do, no matter what anyone else thinks of it, honey. Ain't nobody or anyone is gonna stop Brooklyn De La Fuente - even though that's her Father's last name, mind you, she just takes it to remind him every single day of her continous existence on this planet as his daughter whenever he likes it or not.
Underneath all of it, she's arrogant, and wants to fight, those that have wronged her soul. Through blunt force (but doesn't that make one as bad as the ones that their fighting against?) or through other means, and doesn't question her desicions, or their impacts on others. In theory, she should - Brooke should, because every solution to a problem has a consquence, but she's an implusive one, and she will not take no for an awnser. Alas, nobodies pefrect, not even Brooke, even though she tries so hard to be golden, with her charsima, her fighting spirit and her bravo words. But never mind that, at last.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
She was born to fifthly rich American billionaire Robert De La Fuente and his one time mistress, Hope. She was conceived on a party boat by said already 'happy' married gentleman, and Hope was forgotten about, even though she tried desperately to contact him about the birth of his daughter, he ignored her and pretended his daughter didn't exist, because if he did, she'd only be a burden for himself and his entire family (of five, because what a pretentious wacker, ignoring your daughter because of your wealth relies on it, eh, seems a bit like a dushbag, in all honesty). So, she grew up basically ignorant of her father (of who she knew nothing about for the first ten years of her life whilst she grew up in a ghetto in the south side of California) as a result of that little trick of his.
She images her first signs of magic were upon seeing all the discrimination against POC around her, by the muggle police men in blue who arrested her fella blacks for all kinds of things. It was enough to make her want to yell at them - do anything, really - to make them stop, stop doing it, for no good reason, and that made her heart explode for the cause, the cause of Social Justice, and she'd never ever stop doing it, because she wanted too, and she wanted people to listen to her cause, so she took to singing on the streets of her hometown about said issues.
It was actually a surprise to her when her letter to America's School Of Magic came to her front door - she had never actually imaged that she was some kind of witch, or whatever, but her mother said that it was important because of her dad was some kind of Wizard of sorts and all (WHAT A FUCKING IMPORTANT DETAIL TO MISS, MUM!) and that she must go to that school, for her own safety, and the safety of others, including her own mother. She remembered sighing upon hearing that, as she packed her stuff in a suit case - and she thought that she was some kind of crazy lunatic too, because magic and wizards obviously didn't exist... really... They didn't, or so her eleven year old mind thought, because she was Muggle Raised to perceive herself as such. But her experience at that magical school flatout proved her fool in this regard, because all the magic in the world may as well been in her hands
Upon arriving at Ivermony, she was promptly sorted into Thunderbird for her bold, adventurous nature. She took to that well, and did very well in school actually, going so far as to be named Pefrect in her later years, a thing she took a charm too, naturally. She flounted her beauty, her style, and even joined the popular girl clinque in the school. She has a history of bullying others actually, but she rarely talks about that now nowadays, seeing as though it was but a childish error of judgement as it was. But neverthless, after her graduation, she packed up her bags, feelings guilty somewhat for what she did as a child to others (she dumped their heads in water and laughed at them, that kind of jockish stuff that one should always been ashamed off honestly).
Once she graduated from Ilvemony, she choice to go to England, a place she's never been, because of the news she had heard about the English Prime Minister being a total tyrant who was off locking people away. Someone has to do something about it, if not her, than who else would? Tyranny should always be adamently opossed of. No matter who is was for, she'd opposs them if they were being tyrannical.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Dreezy
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!) Half Blood
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) No.
6) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher? This question shall be awnsered later because rn I have no idea what I'll do with Brookie here.
A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is optional for adult characters!)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Hexes & Jinxes
- C. Magical Creatures
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- A. Moon
- B. Stars
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Freshly baked bread
- B. Parchment
- C. The Sea
- D. A crackling log fire
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- C. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
- D. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- C. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
- D. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Draw your wand & search for the source
- B. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
- C. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- D. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? If you do have exotic characters, please list both the name and the type of exotic. Remember you are only allowed one of each type with the exception of nymphs. I have like three rn but I'd love it if I could have four/five of them XD As for EXOTICS I have 0.
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?
Hi there! So to start off:
- In one of your last forums, I did talk about how we try to avoid swearing (or least consistent) as we are a pg+13 wiki. So again, please keep it a minimum. If it's an absolute must (though I would say this only applies too IC swearing rather than OOC) then I'd recommend censoring it.
- The minimum sentences for history is twenty one sentences. As of right now it stands at nine. Please ensure that your history meets this. Furthermore, the minimum for personality is fourteen sentences whilst you only have eight. Please increase this!
- Your first sign of magical magic is incredibly vague (amongst other things). You also need to include how old was she when it happened. Be specific–how did her magic appear? Did she hurt anyone? Break anything? Was anyone around to see it?
That's all from me, though. However, I have had members in the community express some concerns over the way you talk about the African-American community as well as the LGBT community. Whilst this doesn't break any policies, it is something to keep in mind and I highly recommend taking their concerns into consideration and maybe changing how you've discussed them. We want to make sure everyone in the wiki feels comfortable, including how their community is represented. I've included some quotations that goes over what they feel uncomfortable with. Please, don't take this as an attack, it's not!
The first member in question is Audrey:
So, as not only POC, but an African-American who lives in the US, I'd appreciate if you read over the following points and considered them when looking over your forum, because as it stands right now, it makes me feel very uncomfortable due to the upsetting portrayal.
- I'd advise re-writing Brooklyn's magical experience. Not only is it written in a way that blatantly generalizes the struggle of African-Americans when it comes to the police, but "her fella blacks" just isn't hitting it
- there needs to be more to her personality than "freedom fighter" and "justice for all" especially because she's a POC, which automatically means there will be some perspective bias against her due to politics and stereotypes. Making her personality so one-sided isn't just bad writing but also contributes to making it look like that's the only thing black people are when we're so much more.
- smaller detail, but I personally don't like that you referred to the place she grew up for her first ten years as a "ghetto" on the south side of California, but it's incredibly minor
I'd recommend, if you are feeling that you're struggling, maybe messaging her as she might be able to give you advice.
The second member is Nebuliss:
As somebody who lives in the ghetto side of southern California, I can say that the way you're portraying the poc and community there is a little rude. I can tell you they don't speak that way. I can also tell you that they're far more chill than you are painting them to be.
It also feels like you're mocking LGBT when you add things like "whatever" to them. Personally I don't see this character singing about the rights and opression of black and LGBT people without being rude, wrong, or offensive, or just plain cringy about it. As a bisexual and long time ally for poc, I don't support this character
Denied per user approval.