1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc.
Brysen was born to Amelie Curieux, a french quidditch player come to the U.S., and Landon Phips, the manager of the team she was on. Their love was kept quiet and hushed, and they tried not to let it get to the public. However, a baby was very hard to hide. Amelie was not ready to give up the baby, even though Landon protested the idea, saying it would ruin the team. The two split, and Amelie left the team. When Amelie had the kids, rumors swirled around as to who the father was, most rumors sharp enough to call out Landon. Amelie admitted to their relationship in a press conference dedicated to her speaking of retiring from the sport. This kind of put a damper on Landon’s success, as well as party life, as Amelie tried to involve him in their son’s life, despite their separation.
One night, when Brysen was about three, Amelie had left Brysen in Landon’s care to go out on a date with a man she’d been seeing for a while. He was a muggle, and it was the night where she would confess to being a wizard. Unfortunately, he didn’t take it rather well. At first when she told him, he didn’t believe, but when she tried to show him some magic, he freaked and ran away. She followed him to his house, worried about the leak and hurt. The man tried to get her to go away, but Amelie was persistent. They’d been together for a year, how could she not be persistent? The man ended up shooting her and killing her, afraid of what he didn’t understand. He was put on muggle trial, but escaped jail-time by claiming insanity, talking of the magic experience that messed him up badly.
Meanwhile, taking full custody of Brysen was the last thing Landon wanted. He gave the kid to his best friend, Julius Mathers. Julius was a rich, middle aged wizard with about six or seven kids, and he didn’t mind taking in one more.
As a boy, Brysen was very reserved and shy. His adoptive siblings enjoyed picking on him and messing with him, especially the middle siblings. Some did it to be jokesters, but others maliciously made fun of Brysen and his background. This inevitably made him uncomfortable with people overall, and avoided situations that included other people.
When he was about seven, however, his first bout of magic introduced him to a whole new world. Brysen had been watching his family playing quidditch, wishing he could be up there, but too scared to ask. Suddenly, he began to float, towards the game. His siblings had laughed, calling him an eager beaver. He’d just blushed and slowly moved slowly back towards the ground. The next game, however, the family asked him to play, claiming one of the chaser positions needed to be filled. Thus, a passion for quidditch was inspired. Despite being, quite frankly, terrible at it, Brysen found he could communicate better with people playing it. He wasn’t terrible at the flying bit, he just hadn’t gained the confidence to pull risky moves.
He played more and more with his siblings, the one activity they could bond with. Eventually, he found he enjoyed keeper best, and stuck to it.
When he was about eleven, it was finally time to get shipped off to wizarding school. The day Brysen was supposed to go, he shut himself in his room, refusing to leave the house. One thing was to encounter people but still stay a majority of the time at home, another was to get shipped off to a school full of strangers. Not being able to force him to go, Julius let him stay. Considering he was rich, Julius was able to provide home teachers for Brysen in order to still receive his wizard education. Brysen had homework and such, but was free enough that he could take advantage of the empty house during the school year, and practice flying and quidditch by himself. He went from bad to pretty decent.
Brysen continued in this study path, until his sixth year of wizarding education. Brysen had asked to join a local quidditch team to see if he was any good, but Julius refused because he was still a student. Julius offered to send him to the north american wizard school where his siblings went, and maybe try out for a team there. After a mental struggle, Brysen agreed and went. Having very little social interaction previously, he was a fish out of water, and the experience was taxing. Brysen was good enough to make a quidditch team however, and became well liked for keeper skill. He made no friends, however, as people thought him odd. After his sixth year, Brysen decided to finish his seventh year of education once again, at home.
After his seventh year, Brysen realized that, after experiencing such a whole new world full of people and opportunity, his home classes seemed bland. He didn’t want to live out a life of seclusion, and knew Julius couldn’t take care of him forever. Taking some money with him inherited from his mom, because he was now eighteen, Brysen moved to England, buying a little cottage in Hogsmeade.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
He is a nervous kind of person, with almost zero social skills. People perceive him as a nerd, and would be surprised to know this klutz is actually a jock. Growing up, he was quite the quidditch aficionado, and spent lots of time training and flying. He never really started playing in league, however, until he was forced to go to an actual school for his sixth year.
He is kind of bookish, and enjoys reading. His intellect is about average, however. He is very self conscious about his dermatophagia, a condition which causes him to excessively eat at his skin. He sometimes stutters, and is 100% hopeless around good looking people. Other people literally terrify him, but he tries to make up for it by being awkward, and still responding to others. He apologizes constantly.
In quidditch, or basically whenever he is on a broom, he tends to gain lots of confidence, and has no room to overthink things. He still picks at his skin, but that’s involuntary. He loves flying, but has a fear of water and anything to do with the ocean. Coincidentally, he knows how to swim but tends to forget how.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
probs gonna have him try out for quidditch XD
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
:B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"? 6 other charries, 1 is exotic
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below. -4