A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer. Callum is a very smart kid and he is able to figure out things almost instantly. He's brains are what has gotten him through most of Hogwarts. He hardly has to study. Though, being so smart also comes the pressure of being perfect and getting everything right. Because of this, Callum has a temper and he keeps all his emotions inside.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why? Callum actually wants to be a professor someday at Hogwarts which is why he works so hard to be a good student. He hopes that he's able to get married as well, he is only 13 after all.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so? Surprisingly, Callum hates studying and any free time he has is not spent reading. He wants to explore and find new things, he wants experiences and not reading someone else's.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why? 1. His wand, he protects it with his life. 2. A ring that his grandmother gave him, it's a protection ring. 3. His owl, Rockwell, he loves his snowy owl to death.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why? In an ideal world Callum wishes that muggles and Wizards could live side by side without all the secrets. He wants everyone to be open and free, but he knows that will never happen
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why? Callum wouldn't mind being in Ravenclaw or Slytherin. He doesn't think he'd be able to fit in Hufflepuff.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- 'A. 'Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Callum is a very smart child and he almost has an instant working brain. Anytime someone gives him a problem to solve it only takes him a few minutes before he gives them the answer, depending on the difficulty of the problem or question. Callum's mother always tells him how gifted and talented he is, and he was born a genius.
Callum though hates being smart, he doesn't like all the pressure that is put on him and he wishes that he was average like everyone else. He knows the only reason why people are friends with him is because of his brains and they can take advantage of him, and so he doesn't have any close friends because he doesn't want to be used.
Despite Callum looking nice and innocent, he really isn't. He snaps at people a lot and is negative too much, but it's the weight of the pressure on him that makes him lash out so much. In reality, when he's alone he's very happy. He loves working on little projects and listening to music and just enjoying life without the pressure of everything else.
Unless someone is willing to take the time to dig through all of Callum's emotions, then they're never going to know how sweet and loving and kind he is. On the surface, he's the golden teacher's pet, but underneath his facade, he's a normal, sweet 13-year-old boy.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!) Callum was born to Marriot and Johnny Walker on September 27th, he was their 3rd child and their 2nd boy. Callum was just a normal baby and toddler, he was happy and curious and always exploring and learning new things. He was just an average boy, until he started showing signs of something else magical. When Callum was ready to go into preschool, he was so nervous and scared that he changed his features to try and avoid going. His parents were shocked to find out that their son had metamorphagus abilities. At first, they were scared, since they didn't know how to handle it or him. It took some time for his parents to get used to Callum's abilities but soon they were used to them and new how to handle their son. But the surprises didn't stop there, once Callum started first grade his smarts began to show and he breezed by the homework. He ended up skipping two grades and was way above his grade level. His parents were thrilled to know that their son was a genius, but Callum wasn't. Because of this a lot of pressure was put on Callum to be the best student and always get perfect grades, he was held at such a high standard that he was stressed to the core way too bad for a child his age. Up until Callum got his Hogwarts letter, he was quiet and reserved. He never spoke unless talking to his parents or answering a question in class because he was too scared to mess up the perfect image that everyone had of him. He was like a model, and if he messed up he was scared his whole world would be ruined. When he got his Hogwarts letter he couldn't have been more happy to escape his world, and Hogwarts was like a safe haven for him during his first year. Because of this, he lacked in his schoolwork and was more laidback and happy. But his parents weren't happy, and when he went back home he was not welcomed with open arms. His parents weren't loving and kind to Callum, they demanded that he study all during his break and work to get his grades back up. It wasn't hard for Callum, but his parents wouldn't believe him when he was done within an hour. His home had turned into a prison and his parents had turned into dictators, but there was nothing Callum could do. The only thing he could do was escape, he would run away from home for weeks or days on end. And it was easy with his abilities to hide, no one could recognize him and he could be free and happy. It was a two edged sword though, since whenever he escaped he always had to go back home only to be met with punishment and minor beatings. Now in his third year at Hogwarts, he's praying that he can leave his home. He doesn't want to remain there anymore, he doesn't want to be beat into the perfect star child. He just wants his freedom and happiness, but how can a thirteen year old boy achieve such a thing?
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) Metamorphagus (If that's allowed! If not I can change it :3)
6) What year is your character in? Third-Year
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)? 4 Characters, 1 exotic