A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character! However, if you want to have more input on where you character is sorted, then please answer #6!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer. Truth be told, Carnelian would consider her unpredictability and sharp tongue a strength... it keeps annoying people away. For her weaknesses, sometimes, she can be a bit too harsh or quiet at times, and wants to find the happy medium.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why? She truthfully has not figured this out yet... but ask it again later.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so? Carnelian's idea of a free day is just staying in bed, sleeping, and playing on her phone. No chores, no annoying parents, no nothing.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why? 1) Her wand, due to obvious reasons.
2) Phone, again due to obvious reasons.
3) Her school trunk filled with school stuff, kinda survival stuff.
4) A family photo, due to obvious reasons.
5) Her broomstick... it's handy to get around with.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why? Probably the fact that students can't start magic lessons until the age of ten... she thinks it's stupid and that they should start as soon as their first magic manifests.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why? She truthfully wants to be placed in Gryffindor... that's where she sees herself as thriving. She wouldn't like any other house.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D. Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
- A. Wisdom
- B. Reputation
- C. Success
- D. Friendship
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
- D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!) Carnelian is a feisty spirit. She is a spark, in a world of rain... and she doesn't care what anyone else thinks. She is confrontable to a point, and never backs down from the argument, always having to get the last word. Carnelian, or Lia from her friends, is a sharp-tongued girl. She is sarcastic to extreme levels, sometimes hurting people in the process, but seemingly not caring one bit.
Carnelian is more often than not, very unpredictable. She can insult a person one second and be worrying about her friends in the next, so no one can really tell what's gonna show. Some people have even joked about her being bipolar, but her doctor appointments have told differently. Carnelian is the Queen of Passive-Aggressiva, and she will fight anyone who says differently.
On the inside, however, it is an entirely different story for this girl. Carnelian may come across all sharp at first meeting, but as people begin to get to know her, she is much more sensitive and calm than what the majority of the world knows. She is quite content and calm and energetic around her friends, but people who she doesn't know, she is quite hesitant in revealing her true personality.
Around her friends, Carnelian is quite energetic and light-hearted. She is seemingly always glowing when around her friends and is also loyal to them. She always has a smile on her face, always is ready to make one of her friends' days. The girl may come across harsh and unwelcoming at first but give her time. She'll surprise you.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!) Pure-Blood wizard George and Muggle-Born witch Sydney Arrington had been school sweethearts. They met in their first year at Ilvermorny, had their differences, but always seemed to come back together. Upon graduation, George proposed to her, and she quickly agreed. Two years later, they married under the Hawaii sunset and honeymooned on the peaceful island of Maui. The young Arrington couple returned to the mainland, enjoying their married life, and soon both begun work at the local Magical government Headquarters, meeting other magical married couples like themselves.
Two years later, Sydney had to take maternity leave after the news came out that she was expecting their first child. Her pregnancy took a bit of a toll on the woman, but the baby came out healthy. On August 30, 2020, Sydney gave birth to little Carnelian Bridget Arrington, a beautiful blonde haired baby girl. Carnelian, known to her parents and friends as Lia, was a bubbly and always smiling child. She rarely cried, but when she did, her parents knew that she was either dirty or hungry or tired.
The older she got, the more confusing she became. Carnelian's first sign of magic was very subtle, and she would continue to do more subtle signs of magic instead of the flashy ones that everyone did. Her first sign of magic was somehow healing a particularly nasty scrape on her knee when she had fallen from her bike at the age of six. More signs of magic followed this one, and when she turned eleven, she received her letter of acceptance to Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Her first year at Ilvermorny was normal, not stirring up any trouble, but more like Carnelian making more enemies than friends. Her second year passed the same as her first, but it was the summer before her third year that changed everything. Her parents had been reassigned to the British Ministry, and soon she had moved there. She will be starting her third year at Hogwarts, and hopes that nothing more will change her school career.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here! Carnelian is modeled by Elle Fanning.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!) Half-Blood... Mum and Da.
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!) N/A.
6) What year is your character in? Third
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)? 6/2.