A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Strengths: Carter's strengths include his devotion to his friends and family. He will stick by them to the very end and beyond. Carter is very kind and will do anything to help a complete stranger, he loves giving those less fortunate than him a helping hand. He's very laid-back and easy-going... until you mess with his family. Then not so much.
Weaknesses: Carter is sensitive, he can get hurt by what his friends and family say to him very easily. Unfortunately, that means his circle of friends and family is a selective group, he doesn't up to other people eaily because that means opening himself up to getting hurt.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
Carter doesn't know what he wants to do with his life. He wants to help other people that aren't lucky as he is for sure... he just doesn't know how to go about doing that.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
His ideal day is spent with Meredith and his family doing whatever. He doesn't really care what they're doing... all that matters to him is that they're together and happy.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- His Family Ring: The ring has his family's crest on it. Family is everything to Carter.
- His Necklace: The necklace was a Christmas present from Meredith. The chain in the secondary color of his house and the gem is the primary color. It's not so much the actual possession... it's who it's from.
- His Wand: He needs it to protect his family and friends. Simple as that.
- His Family Photo: It's a photo of him and his whole family, including Mer. She's an honorary Lewis. He keeps it by his bedside, again they're everything to Carter.
- His Friendship Contract: When he and Mer were little kids, and they started to become friends, they had a contract written up (by Carter's mom). It basically said that they would be there for each other, no matter what. He keeps a photocopy of it with him at all times, the orginal is framed and hanging in his room.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Carter would eliminate all prejudice and hate towards the Muggle world and muggle-borns. They're humans too and that's the most important thing to Carter.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
Carter doesn't care. All the houses have their strengths and weaknesses.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.'
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
"Alright, so I'm supposed to tell you about myself, right? Forewarning: It's not a perfect picture because I'm not perfect. I have my weaknesses like any normal human. Now, with that said... let's move right along.
I suppose my greatest strength is my loyalty to my friends and family. They mean everything to me and I'd do anything for them. That's how friendship works you see? You do things for each other and support one another. They do that for me, so I do that for them. It's simple as that. I'm respectful and chivalrous, maybe to the extreme. I don't care if you're my worst enemy... you're still a human and deserve to be respected. Really, the only time I'm not respectful is someone hurt my family and friends. That really gets me going.
I love helping other people, I really do. Even if you don't realize it... if you help someone else, something good will happen to you in the long run. The world makes sure that debts are paid. Of course, I don't expect that I get anything in return. It's like an added bonus... if other people are happy, I'm happy. I was born for a reason, and I believe that is to help other people. I want to make a mark on the world by helping other people. I don't know how I'm going to do that... all I know is that I have to. The world's a mess and I intend to make it better, even if my own part is small.
Now that being said, I'm not perfect. I'm sensitive you see, especially to my friends and family. Their words and actions have meaning for me. So opening myself up to a person means I'm really opening myself up. So I don't do it very often. Not that I'm mean or cruel towards others like I said I want to help people. That's the biggest part of me... all I want to do is help."
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
"So, I guess I'm supposed to tell you all about my life right? I mean do correct me if I'm wrong, I often am. No? Okay, moving on. My dad is named John Lewis and my mom is Katherine Lewis. Honestly, I have no complaints about either of them, they're fantastic parents. Both my parents are involved in the medical world and are very highly educated. My dad is a Pediatric Doctor in a Private Practice and my mom is an Occupational Therapist. I'm the oldest of five children and I'm the only guy. My sister that is closest in age to me is Katherine Lewis II. My parents got real creative with that one. Anyways Katherine, or Kat as she's called at home is two years younger than me and currently in third year. After Katherine is Anna, who is four years younger than me. She'll be coming to Hogwarts in the fall with Kat and I. Following Anna is Shannon who is seven years younger than me. Finally, the baby and my favorite sibling, Isabelle Lewis III, or Bella. She's named after my grandmother and great-grandmother on my mom's side."
"Now you're probably wondering, 'why on earth are your family's name so formal?'. Well, I'll tell you why. My family is a bit aristocratic. My mom's side of the family is very wealthy. My uncle is the head of the family. My dad, however, is not aristocratic. He's from a long line of witches and wizards, which are pretty close to the bottom of the pecking order. They're Pure-Blood, but not well off pure-bloods. My dad worked his way up from the bottom, became a doctor and married my mom, which thrust him into the world of Wizard Aristocracy."
"However, unlike some pure-blood families out there, my family is known for their graciousness and philanthropy. None of the family are stuck in the past and are all moving forward with the times. Even my grandparents. So, I've been brought up with the values of kindness, gratitude, manners, and generosity. I've sucked it all up really, I'm a gentleman and I pride myself on that. Always have. I've stuck for my friends and family, but not by getting physically aggressive or even playing the 'my daddy is richer than your's' card. I've just stood in front of my friend who's being teased and kindly asked the bully to go away. If he doesn't... well... as I said my dad's family aren't aristocratic. I can cuss people out if I need to. I don't like doing that, but I can and have told people to 'fuck off'. In fact, my first magical sign came when I was defending Kat from one of the most rude members of another aristocratic family. He was teasing my sister about her glasses, and I told him to back off. He told me to fuck off and well... duct tape appeared around his mouth. Needless to say that family never came back, nor were they welcome."
"Eventually, my Hogwarts letter came. Upon my arrival I was sorted into ______. I was a fairly well-liked guy because I'm not really mean or cruel and I always stick up for the little guy. But my best friend is named Meredith Dixon. She's another aristocrat and in my year. I don't open up to people immediately, sure, I'm kind and respectful, but I really don't open up to other people very well. I'm a sensitive soul and opening myself up, means that they could hurt me. So, I don't do it very often. But I knew Meredith before coming to Hogwarts and we only grew closer at Hogwarts. I can honestly say that I've told her things that I would never tell anyone else."
"I do well in school, without putting a whole lot of effort in. I'm a fairly smart guy I guess. I tend to spend more time helping other people with their work more than I spend doing my own. It helps me as well. Teaching someone else really forces you to know the material. So, I do well in school because I help other people. See how that works? You do something good for someone else, it'll benefit you in the long run. Of course, that's not why I help people. It's like an added bonus. I'm currently going into my fifth year, and I don't really know what I want to do with my life. I want to help people less fortunate than I... that much I do know."
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
No. He's just a regular guy.
6) What year is your character in?
He'll be entering fifth next term.
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into. Everyone must answer!)
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
A) This is my first character.
B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
11 and 2
- your brains are made of gogurt and i hate your guts. 21:15, December 23, 2016 (UTC)