A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Taeji is a one of a kind type of person, full of positivity, open-mindedness, curiosity, optimism, and individuality. Always full of laughter, he can be found constantly smiling and cracking jokes, even when he's down or in a bad place. Honing a great sense of humor, even when he fails he finds a way to laugh at himself and move on. He always has something to say and kind of can't keep his mouth shut. He's not afraid to let people know his opinions and speaks his mind whenever he feels like it. It makes him quite an enemy of the traditional classroom where you're expected to sit down and shut up and let the teachers "teach". In fact, he hates being confined. Having been raised constantly exploring and meeting new people, he likes being out of his comfort zone. In fact, his comfort zone is constantly being in new environments. He's very versatile when it comes to people and can adapt to virtually any personality.
Taeji is a person that loves to love, and more importantly, loves to love people. He loves people to death. You might have had a small conversation with him five minutes ago while he was grocery shopping but next thing you know, he's willing to defend you from anything. He's very open-minded and supporting and isn't one to shut other people down. It's ironic that someone who likes to talk so much also happens to be a great listener. He's willing to sit down with anyone and just listen to their problems even if he doesn't get to talk. He's that type of person who's willing to be there for anyone. Naturally kindhearted and sweet, he always has good intentions at heart and is typically a very selfless person. He's also very open about himself. He doesn't like keeping things from people unless specifically requested too and it finds it incredibly difficult to lie.
Taeji's kind of a hot mess. Emphasis on both hot and mess but mostly hot (or so he says). While his life could be a lot more organized, he's pretty happy with himself and where he is and while he does have goals for himself, he doesn't feel like he has to prove anything to anyone. He loves himself a lot, not in a cocky way, but in a genuine, confident, "I can laugh at myself" way. While he is incredibly hypersensitive and his emotions can be easily impended on, he's developed a hard shell and tries his best not to let anyone else get to him. His hypersensitivity also makes him incredibly empathetic to other people, following his love of loving. He can sense other people's emotions surprisingly well, and while he isn't always on point, he's often very close. Other people's emotions also effect him a lot as well. Like his mood can be impended on if a close friend of his is in a bad mood.
While loving and supportive and honestly will fight for you, Taeji lives for tea. Hot tea, cold tea, sweet tea, peach tea. As a dramatic person himself, he has a habit of following drama and really, isn't afraid to make his comments about the matter public. Yeah, he likes gossip a little too much, but he's mostly a good person. Promise. He's not really a problematic person but he get's pretty bitchy when he wants to. Unable to keep his mouth shut and always wanting to share his opinion, he's pretty blunt about when he wants to be left alone or wants certain people to fuck off. He doesn't have a resting bitch face but his personality sure does. Have we talked about how he's kind of super lazy? Because if not, allow me to elaborate. Taeji isn't just lazy, he's "I'd rather lie in bed and let my phone drive me crazy than put it on silent" lazy. He goes through phases of productivity. Some days he's super productive and gets things done in a heartbeat, and sometimes he struggles to just roll out of bed.
Additionally, Taeji doesn't sleep. If you went to urbandictionary.com and searched up, "Night Owl", his name would be right there. He truly is the definition of a night owl and is pretty nocturnal. He's a lot more energetic during the night and later hours of the day than the morning and early afternoon. He often can't function in the morning without a cup of coffee or three. But when he is awake, he's awake. He's very hyper and animated and it's been commented he uses his hands a lot when he speaks, which is true. If hadn't become a musician, he probably would've become a comedian or some other of the story. Blunt and cheeky, he'll jokingly drag someone for the culture. While incredibly sweet in real life, he does love to poke fun at other people, especially good friends. Close to Taeji? You will never hear the end of his jabs. Ever. But when you really are on his bad side (which is like virtually impossible, so if you are, you must've done something real fucked up), he will drag you to filth.
Speaking of dragging, Taeji is a warrior of the people. He's very vocal of his support of other people and doesn't tolerate slander towards anyone. Very active on Witchagram and other social media, it's common for him to call out his disrespectful fans and politely tell them to stop bothering other people. As someone who is based on self love and loving others, he doesn't want the people who are following him or supporting him to be people who spread hate. Commonly addressing human rights in his songs, whether people like it or not, he's very politically active and has participated in several marches, pride marches, and the like. He's always been willing to explore different possibilities and personally doesn't consider anyone an enemy, just someone on a different path than him. This makes him willing to listen to and empathize with anyone.
Taeji is a hardcore extrovert to the highest levels of extrovert-ism. Like sometimes he'll high key invite someone to go the store with him just because he wants someone to talk to while he shops. It's kind of ridiculous how much he likes being around people. It's also extremely ironic because he's a cat person and dogs are more commonly known to be more people animals. Funny enough, he doesn't even really likes dogs. He finds them too messy and too much high maintenance, especially for his busy life and hectic personality. He's already high maintenance, why would he adopt another him? Similar to his desire to know more people, he likes knowing a lot of things in general. He kind of just... likes to learn. Like while he's a nuisance in the classroom, you can tell he's engaged and learning because of how much he talks. If Taeji doesn't talk in your class, it's a problem. It means you're boring. Don't be boring. While he crosses the line into Hufflepuff qualities a lot, what truly makes him Ravenclaw is his desire to learn and explore. He admits, he can be a bit grade-obsessed sometimes but meeting new people, being in new environments, learning new languages, receiving new information, it all excites him.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
James Choi and Kim Sua were a couple of curiosity. A woman of sophisticated background with an American skater boy boyfriend. It was honestly a surprise they ever even met in the first place, but once they met, they became close companions. They married in the fall and Sua gave birth in the spring. And the name of their first child was Caspian Taeji Choi. Born in the heart of Korea Town in Los Angeles, California, the infant lived their with his parents for five years before James and Sua decided to pursue their dreams of traveling around the world. So, the couple up and left, returning to Korea for a year before beginning their traveling siege.
The first place they went to was the nation of Ghana on the west coast of Africa. According to the recommendations of many tourist sites, Ghana should be the first stop for anyone desiring to tour Africa. With one of the most booming economies in Africa, it also has many beautiful sights and historical monuments, as well as the people there are incredibly friendly, especially to foreigners. So, the Choi family lived there for three years. This is where Taeji experienced his magic awakening as well as his musical one. He also made several long-lasting friends that he still talks to, to this day.
Taji was seven when he discovered he was a wizard. Sua was the magical one in the family while James was simply a muggle, so while James was thoroughly confused as to why his son could suddenly fly and was playing the floor is lava but literally, Sua was calmly charming everything back in place and explaining that Taeji was a wizard. It was certainly a huge change in their lives, but one they both accommodated too quickly. They also discovered Taeji could sing at age eight. And not just sing, like "oh, look at the little kid singing, so cute" but sing like "holy shit, a kid can do that?". They bought him a guitar for his ninth birthday after they moved to Nigeria.
They stayed in Nigeria for a year and a half before moving to the Democratic Republic of Congo. When Taeji turned eleven, he was invited to Uagadou and attended it for three years as he moved around the continent to South Africa, Kenya and Egypt. During this time, his love for music only grew as he was exposed to more and more afro-pop. When Taeji was fourteen, James and Sua picked up shop and moved to Italy and then France. A Silencio Records scout on vacation heard him singing for a crowd by the modest apartment Taeji and his family lived in, sent the video to another agent and just like that, Taeji was getting offers to be an artist under Silencio Records before he even moved to England.
While attending Beauxbatons, he trained in the summer to become a solo artist. He moved to Greece before finally, his parents decided to let him leave for England to be able to debut. Living mainly within Silencio Records and the Hogwarts dorms, Taeji thrived off of the new environment and new people as always. When Silencio Records suggested placing him in a group, he denied and requested to be a solo artist. It was a great choice as his debuting EP, titled "A Small Smile", took off and brought the company monumental success. Afterwards, he was given permission to create a full album which is doing incredibly well on the charts.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
7) The Sorting Hat has been known to take house preference into consideration. If your character could select one house they believe they are best suited for, what would it be and why?
Ravenclaw, because he loves to learn and explore.
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?