A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Kit's an optimistic nihilist--if this is all there is, why not make the most of it. That is, she yolos pretty hard sometimes, and sometimes it gets her in trouble...as has her "do no harm, but take no shit, but if you're in the process of not taking shit maybe a little harm is okay" attitude. She's not above dishing a hit if someone starts talking shit, and it has definitely landed her in detention a few times. She's kind to pretty much everyone at least to start, but if she isn't fond of someone she usually makes it pretty clear.
She's tenacious, and while she usually knows when to stop, she often opts to ignore it in favor of pushing herself until she can't, at which point she starts thinking about how she can improve so she can go further.
She's absolutely petrified of heights, except under a few specific conditions. She likes to be up high, but she's terrified of falling, and as such rarely ever goes out on balconies, stays away from the edges of rooftops, and will not fly unless she is in control of the method of travel. She tries pretty hard not to let her fear get the best of her though, and pushes herself where she can: she got a pilot license, she plays recreational quidditch sometims--but only as beater, since they are less at risk of being knocked off their brooms, and she's taken up rock climbing.
Kit loves space, loves looking at it, loves studying it, and loves dreaming about one day exploring it. She really is an explorer at heart, and while she enjoys traveling on Earth, she wants to take it a few million steps further.
She likes to be outdoors, especially far enough away from light pollution to see the Milky Way. It's calming for her to be in the wilderness where it's quieter, and less rushed, and more free.
She mostly goes by Kit, but she'll roll with just about any name: Catherine, Cat, Kitty, Kit kat, Catty--just not Cathy. She's not freaking old.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Catherine was born in Portland, Oregon and adopted by her mother's oldest brother, Peter, and his husband, Ajay, since her mother was in no way ready for a child. Peter was an accountant for a media company, Ajay a police officer, and her mother Elena went on to college to become a political consultant. Peter and Ajay were unequivocally her parents, but Elena did remain close to her, only as more of an aunt.
It was very important to both Peter and Elena that time was set aside specifically for Kit, since that was something neither of them had much of. As such, Peter and Ajay made Kit a priority, and though Elena wasn't ready to parent, she was more than happy to babysit. Kit was a fairly easy baby, but very curious and prone to exploring everything she could--a trait she never lost.
Kit wasn't much for primary school; she much preferred being outside to sitting in a classroom. She wasn't a bad student, just...preoccupied with the outside world, and very invested in hands-on activities moreso than arithmatic. So her parents started taking her camping as much as they could, hoping to expend some of her restless energy on the weekends so she would cooperate a bit more in class. Ultimately they worked it out so that if Kit did well in school, they would go camping somewhere new, and that proved to be extremely effective. Kit...milked it a bit, and convinced her dads to take a camping vacation over summer break if she could go the rest of the school year without getting in trouble...all one month that was left.
She managed to uphold her end of the deal, and so the three of them and Elena rented a camper and went down to Yellowstone, where they spent six very nice days and one...not so nice one. It was this particular camping trip and the amazing views of the night sky through her dad Ajay's telescope that gave rise to Kit's space fixation. However, it was also this particular camping trip that left Kit with her werewolf...affliction.
Very early in the morning of their seventh day, a Tuesday, loud howling nearby woke the group. They knew there were wolves in Yellowstone but didn't expect them so close, and little eight year old Kit went bounding out of the RV to try and catch a glimpse. In her excitement, she dashed right into the woods following the sound of the howling, seeing running shadows in the light from the full moon that filtered through the trees. She came to a sudden stop when one of the wolves seemed to just appear in front of her, growling. Kit froze, terrified and wholly unsure of what to do, for several seconds, then turned and ran as fast as she could the way she came. She could see three bobbing lights in the distance, and she headed toward those--but she didn't make it very far before the wolf pounced on her, sinking its teeth into her leg and pulling her backward. With a yell of pain, she pushed her hands at it, and a bright flash of light made it release her. The flash of light also brought her family to her, and Peter quickly scooped her up and beelined back to the RV while Ajay and Elena watched for any other wolves. They quickly decided to go to the nearest magical hospital, where it was confirmed that Kit had been bitten by a werewolf.
Kit was more bummed about having to take it easy while she healed and not being able to roam around like she usually did than she was about...being a werewolf. In fact, she enjoyed it, once she got used to shifting, and her parents were quick to make sure she had and took her wolfsbane potion, so for her the worst part about it is having to stay home while the moon is full. Her parents fed the lie that she had a chronic illness to the school to excuse her absences, and things went pretty quickly back to normal. The experience should have taught her to be more careful before jumping headfirst into things, but her logic was that she'd already experienced the worst case scenario for the situation, so...she couldn't get much more werewolf. She didn't hesitate to pester her dads about camping again either--if anything, her love for the outdoors grew.
Just before she turned twelve, she was off to Ilvermorny, where she was sorted into Thunderbird, much to the suprise of exactly nobody. She enjoyed most of her classes, especially astronomy, but really struggled with the flying lessons. Being terrified of falling meant she wasn't keen on learning how to fly around in the air, but with much coaxing from the teacher and a lot of low-altitude practice, she found that when she and only she was in charge of making sure she didn't fall, flying on a broom wasn't too bad.
That summer, her parents decided to fly with her back to Portland, and she found out that flying in a plane was very, very different from flying on a broom, and she didn't like it one bit. She thought that maybe if she was flying the plane, it would be okay, so she started working toward getting her pilot's license, slowly but surely.
All through school, her favorite class was Astronomy, with Charms a close second. Despite being a common face in detention, she was a strong student. She played beater on a recreational quidditch team, and after a rather harrowing visit to the Grand Canyon, she took up rock climbing. Summer after her sixth year, she finally got her pilot's license, which she celebrated by doing the only barrel roll she will ever do in her entire life.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Briana Venskus, because I was told she can pass for 18, so I'm rolling with it
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
Half blood, but nobody extra special. A couple cousins in government, some old Political Activists from the time of Rappaport's Law
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
she a werewolf
6) What year is your character in?
7th, she's 18, birthday 15 september
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
Eight characters, two exotic, this one will make nine with three exotic
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
Astronomy, especially constellations and their myths. Also outdoorsy stuff, because she loves camping.
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
She doesn't mind working in an office, as long as she still has time to travel and spend time outdoors.
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
Adventure and learning from it
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
- she's absolutely petrified of falling
- she's a werewolf, so obviously there's the whole...biting people has consequences thing
- her penchant for exploration really knows no limits, and it might put her in a dangerous situation in the future
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?
Maple and jarvey tooth, 12 1/4 in, reasonably supple. Kit is an explorer at heart and her greatest dream is to explore space and expand mankind's knowlege and understanding of the world beyond.
lol i just answered the MC questions for myself cuz they're really good and figured out her Ilvermorny house on my own, but i'd appreciate an opinion on where she's end up in Hogwarts anyway ~Jay
Can you please add her first magical incident and what age this occurred? Thank you!
fifth history paragraph, bolded :P