A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part doesn't have to be filled out if it's an expansion character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Charles is very loving, passionate and utterly dedicated to make the lives of others better. He's determined to make the change he wants to see in the world and is an incredibly charismatic leader. He's always smiling and truly believes that love conquers all, and will always beat hate.
However, he's also naive, far too trusting and sensitive to the words and actions of others. He's incapable of holding grudges - even when they should be held against them. His radical views on politics are sometimes looked upon unfavorably - and Charles isn't very good at handling criticism.
2) Has your character's life played out the way they wanted? Have they achieved the goals they set out for their life? Why, or why not?
Charles' goal in life is to make much of an impact on the world as he can. So, that goal will never be completed, because until the day he dies, Charles will be trying to make a bigger and bigger impact.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Any day in which he gets to perform in front of an adoring audience and spread his message of love and peace. He truly loves his job
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- His Wand: Magic has become a crucial part of Charles' life - and he needs his wand to channel that
- His Guitar: Charles is an excellent guitarist and loves to play - plus he needs it to perform his songs
- His Songbook: Charles' songbook contains a ton of complete and partial songs. Some he's published - some he hasn't. It's on of his most secret and treasured possessions
- His Family Ring: Charles loves his family - his ring reminds him of them every day
- His Scrapbook: It's filled with photos taken by him and his crew of their tours around the States - and the occasional international trip
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
He'd eliminate all hate and prejudice from the world - without that, there's nothing to stop love and with love, there's no reason for war, and then there you have it - world peace
1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Charles Rockefeller is the oldest child of Franklin and Diane Rockefeller. Franklin, Charles' father was a member of the wealthy Rockefeller family that had extremely deep roots in the magical American entertainment industry. Their family can trace those roots all the way back to prohibition where they ran speakeasies and were one of the most prominent sources for getting whiskey. Their ancestors were radio hosts, actors, musicians, really anything and everything that related to the entertainment industry. They are also one of the most philanthropic families in the the world, let alone America.
Charles, being the oldest Rockefeller child had a big mantle to live up to. His father was one of most legendary members of the Rockefellers America had seen in a long while. He was a very well respected actor, and very well known for being exceedingly generous with his wealth, setting up dozens of charities. Charles saw this and knew that's what it meant to be a real man, a real human being. To not be afraid to show emotion and to always be there to assist those less fortunate. Charles' mother, Diane, was an amazing singer, and Charles inherited that skill and love for music. Combine that with the philanthropic attitude he got from his father, and you wind up with someone who from a very young age became a very well known singer and guitarist. Especially because his songs never failed to speak about deep problematic social issues that permeated American culture.
Charles did attend Ilvermorny, at least for a little while. While there, he was an obvious choice for Pukwudgie. It was the only house that wanted him. Eventually, Charles' own fame became too much however and he dropped out to pursue his career in music. He promised his family he would hire himself a tutor and take his NEWTs, but he felt he had an obligation to use the gift he had been given. His parents understood that and supported him, so at the age of 16, Charles dropped out of Ilvermorny. Less than a year later, Charles had assembled the slew of singles he had released plus some new songs into an album. Charles then went on tour and secretly started work on his new album, that way he would never have to stop being on tour. A promise, he, for the most part has followed through on.
For many years, that's how things continued for Charles. His fame only grew and grew in America, and he became one of the most popular singers in the United States, and to some degree, even the world. Then, when Charles was 25 years old, things changed for him. He meet a young woman his age named Evangeline Selwyn, a professor at Ilvermorny. The two hit it off really well, and part of the reason Charles liked her so much, was that when they first met, she had no idea of his fame. She liked him for being himself, and Charles hadn't felt that way in a long time. Sure, he had dated... extensively during his time as a singer, but most of the girls dated him for the fame and money. Evangeline seemed to like him for his personality. They never actually started dating... but they did become very close, and just as Charles was working up the nerve to make a move, she went back to her in the UK.
Charles, being madly in love with this woman, chose to follow her on the guise he was gonna tour around the UK for a while. (He actually will). However, because his parents had to move into a nursing home and the fact that their only other child over 17, Michael had also dropped out of school but against their parent's wishes and hadn't been in contact for years now. So Charles took his three remaining siblings with him when he moved to England and they're now attending Hogwarts instead of Ilvermorny. Charles is touring around England while trying to get back in contact with Evangeline.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble? (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Charles is possibly one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. There are very few people that truly care about every single person on the planet - and Charles is one of them. He loves to help people - and is a firm believer in free speech and activism. He's a hippy, because he really truly believes that there is only one thing that can beat hate. Love. It's cheesy, and Charles knows it but it doesn't stop him from believing that deep down. He truly believes everyone deserves the chance to rehabilitated. Charles believes that people are born with an inherent sense of good in them, and that the world is what corrupts them.
Charles is also a firm believer in sticking up for the person who may not be able to stick up for themselves. It's why all his songs speak about social issues, love and how the only way things will get better is the world comes together. He also believes the best way for him to bring light to his solutions and world views is to sing about them. Charles believes in the power of music and is very passionate about it.
Charles however, is not perfect. No one is, and he recognizes that. (He's also exceptionally humble). He's very naive, far too trusting and could easily get himself hurt by trying to hug the guy who's only after his money. He's loyal to the end, and a hopeless romantic to boot. He really wants someone to love him for who he is and not for the money and fame. That's why he was so willing to pack up his family and move overseas to stay with Evangeline. Charles really, really hopes that she loves him for his personality, and not for anything else. Even if it's not romantic... it's platonic at the very least and Charles hasn't felt that someone cared about him that way in very, very long time. He believes that kind of love is truly something special and very unique.
Charles is also very sensitive and gets hurt easily. He feels the sting of betrayal, cruel words and actions more than most. Especially when it's from someone he cares about. He's certainly not above crying - he just won't do it in public. He manages to hold things together, and express how hurt he is in public - without any tears. However, in private with people that truly know him (few and far between) he will break down and cry. Other than that however, Charles is really the same kind of person he is in public that he is in private. Perhaps more professional and less goofy, but really only marginally. He's not ashamed of who he is so he sees no reason to hide it.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have one as your first two characters!)
5) What is your character's profession? Does your character plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
He's a Singer/Songwriter
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
7) What about your character's appearance? What do they look like? Feel free to write down what they look like! If you're using any FC, you can put a picture here! Please state the character's faceclaim!
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is only optional, for regular adults and expansion characters alike!)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
- A. A Complex Spell
- B. A Spell Of Control
- C. A Combat Spell
- D. A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
- A. Grades.
- B. Getting your way.
- C. Life.
- D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
- A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
- B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
- C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
- D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) Which trait is most valuable?
- A. Intelligence
- B. Cunningness
- C. Bravery
- D. Kindness
5) What's the best way to get things done?
- A. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
- B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
- C. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
- D. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
C. These do not affect what house you're sorted to, but everybody must answer them!
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
:B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
Nine and Two