A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
Charlie believes he only really has one strength and one weakness, though both are interchangeable as both. His strength, in his opinion, is his kindness. He believes that his kind attitude to everyone will make him liked and will get him very far in life, choosing to ignore the consequences of people taking advantage of him for the very purposes. That's the weakness - more so in his younger years he's been used because he's too nice and it's only been recently that he's not let as many people walk over him.
In his opinion, his weakness is his temper. Albeit it takes a while to manifest, when he explodes it's obvious. Paired with his proficient abilities in combat spells and hexes and Charlie is one dangerous character. It's a strength because, well, being able to defend yourself is always good, right?
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
Charlie's goal is simple - to lead a happy life. Being born in the Parisian slums and living there for a while, being separated from his mother too, he knows how to remain optimistic. All he wants in life is to be happy as often as possible.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
Probably sleeping or studying, or spending time with his friends as it's the best way to be relaxed for him.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
He'd only keep a picture of his family and some presents Mackenzie, his best friend, has gotten him over the years as they mean the most to him.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
Charlie isn't too sure what he'd change, though he guesses his main wish would be for more acceptance of some species.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
Charlie isn't fussy about what house he gets into as he knows it doesn't define who he is as a person.
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
(I know there's only two paragraphs but I don't know how I want to phrase the third paragraph and would prefer to do so after roleplaying him.)
Charlie is extremely innocent. No, not in the terms of sexual innuendos and the like, but more so in that he gives people infinite chances. That's his philosophy - everyone deserves a second chance. The only problem is, is that the second chance deserves a second chance, and then that one deserves a second chance and so on and so forth. Charlie is too nice for his own good and unfortunately many people try to take advantage of that.
Charlie, however, does possess an innate ability with combat spells and hexes. That's something that makes him feared; while he is small and kind to everyone, many know of his abilities in combat and don't try to cross him too often, for however nice Charlie is, his temper is one that builds and will explode randomly. Not many people have experienced such a thing, but not many people want to either.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
Having her second son born into the slums of Paris wasn't what Maeng Hae-Young had wanted, but that's what destiny had planned for Charles Kang. Whilst his mother and brother knew a life of luxury beforehand (having left it due to the boys' father's outburst in which he ended some peoples' lives), Charlie only knew of the one bedroom studio apartment that they all attempted to cramp into and thus never complained, especially when paired with a doting older brother, Charlie saw no faults in life.
Unlike his older brother, Charlie was home-schooled and was fiercely protected by his mother. She brought him to do everything with her, rarely trusting anyone with him. It all seemed to be going well until there was a dip in the family's finances and Hae-Young was forced to choose between the two of her sons and which to give to her mother to look after. Fearing negative experiences with Laurent, she gave Charlie to her mother to look after in hopes that his well-being would be protected.
Charlie continued to have a good life in the care of his grandmother; having been four at the time he wasn't fully aware of the situation and only really knew that he had to stay with his grandmother for a while until his mother could house him once more. I guess the saddest part was that he never returned to his mother and didn't do so until after he started Hogwarts. Regardless, his grandmother experienced his first magical experience with him when he was eight. It wasn't massive; just making the fruit bowl explode, but it was enough to ensure that he'd follow the magical lineage. Unlike Sammy, Charlie didn't inherit his father's metamorphagus gene and, like his mother, was only a wizard.
When he was 11, Charlie received a letter of acceptance from Hogwarts and chose it over Beauxbatons, being sorted into _____ house where he's been and flourished (in everything but height) ever since.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
His model is Jo Jinho of Pentagon.
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into. Everyone must answer!)
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
A) This is my first character.
B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
- I'm not going to push for a 3rd paragraph, because I feel for you. However, what's kind of the idea you wanted to put into there? I wouldn't want to accidentally place him in the wrong house, because I feel it could possibly toss it up some. :)
- Maybe I skimmed over it, but how did Charlie's family go from luxuries to otherwise? Other than that, it seems good to go. :D
- sodium for salty times 21:47, November 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Mainly sensitivity and loyalty to fam and friends but I don't know how far either of them go with him (I'm sure he's very much of both but you can't be too sure xD) so I'd rather see it be played out as opposed to forcing it upon him
- It's mainly explained in his older brother's history but I've added it in!!
- sodium for salty times 22:20, November 20, 2016 (UTC)