1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc.
Hope and Lucas Finch were born April 16th, to Molly and Peter Finch. Molly was born into modest means... and Peter to a well-off family. Peter's family was unhappy with his decision for a partner, and cut him off. When the young couple found out they were having twins... they realized they couldn't afford that. They dropped Lucas off with Peter's family, and Hope with her maternal grandfather. But... this story isn't about either of the Finch twins. It's the story about the youngest Finch-- Molly and Peter Finch's youngest daughter (not to mention the only kid they raised), Charlotte Amelie Finch.
Charlotte was born just seven years after Molly and Peter separated the twins, and sent them their own way to make a name for themselves. They were far better off than they were when they had the twins by the time Charlotte came around. They'd settled in Jackson, Wyoming, and had a cottage big enough for the tree of them. That very cottage was Charlotte's childhood home. She was raised there for the first eleven years of her life. As a kid, she was quite the happy spirit, taking after the older sister she didn't find out she had until much, much later. The three were a close-knit family - the kind that nobody would expect deception and secrets from. But alas, their lives in Wyoming were based off both. And while little Charlotte was close to her mother, there was no denying she was a daddy's girl. As a matter of fact, being such a daddy's girl is what elicited her first magical outburst.
Charlotte was age seven when it happened. To this day, she remembers the day clearly. It's the oldest memory she has. It was imprinted on her mind. Peter Finch and an older neighbor had a small spat, but it escalated into something bigger, in a matter of seconds. It finished off with Peter casting the killing curse upon the crippled old man, who - mind you - had been a no-maj. Knowing that what he'd done could cost him his freedom, Peter told his wife to pack their things, and that they'd set off for a different part of the country. Unbeknown to any of them, young Charlotte had witnessed the cold-blooded murder, which sent her to her house in a hurry, where she barely made it before having a panic attack. Her parents never found out what had gotten such a fearful reaction from their daughter. During her panic attack, a fire was produced in her room, where it grew and grew, until the flames swallowed the entire cottage. The Finches barely made it out of there alive.
The no-maj authorities had Peter as the main suspect, thanks to someone who'd witnessed Peter and the old man arguing. The trail, however, ran cold when the authorities went to the burnt down cottage, and found human remains. To this day, it remains unknown whose remains those were. Charlotte never forgot that day, and isolated herself. She didn't trust her parents anymore. She was quite literally scarred for life. She got nightmares almost every night after that, most of which led straight to magical outbursts that always led to almost-injuring her. She had things catch fire a few times, and TVs, radios, and lightbulbs almost always wound up exploding. Her parents managed to take care of every single one of them, until they ultimately got tired of it, and started to give Charlotte dreamless sleep potions. This helped a lot. While she managed to get some more rest, she could never look at her father in the same way. He was a murderer.
Then came the day that Charlotte received her acceptance letters to Ilvermorny's. She didn't get the one to Hogwarts, much to her parents' respective relief. Soon enough, Charlotte was shipped off to Ilvermorny's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, much to the young girl's relief. She was favored by Wampus and Pukwudgie, but she ultimately chose the former. There, she managed to come out of the shell she had retreated into after the crime her father committed. It took a lot of patience from the professors' and other students' behalf, but they all managed to witness her come out, and be able to flourish into a brilliant young woman. She never would have told them about her parents had she not been confronted by wizarding authorities. They had recognized her surname, and connected the dots to the case of the killing. It had been death by magic, so they had just as much jurisdiction. Knowing she couldn't lie to the authorities, she had no other choice but to tell on her parents. Her father was sentenced to death, meanwhile her mother didn't receive a sentence. She hadn't been aware of the killing. And while she didn't receive a sentence, she did lose her husband, which to her was even worse. The day the authorities came for Peter, Molly sent some of the most hurtful words Charlotte had ever heard towards her then-sixteen-year-old-daughter, calling her a life-ruiner, ungrateful brat, and that she and Peter should have known better than to keep her. That she had ruined their lives, like her older siblings almost did to them. Charlotte was too surprised, to say the least. She had siblings. Siblings nobody told her about. And as much as she wanted to reach out to them, she couldn't. Molly prohibited it.
Charlotte never regretted telling on her father, honestly. She felt relieved, if anything. It was a weight off her shoulders. Plus... she found out she had siblings. She would never go above what her mother decreed, but she was quite curious as to who they were. It took a lot of prying, but Charlotte got her siblings' names after one long ass year. She didn't have the chance to research them, though, because then she graduated Ilvermorny's and she had to worry about becoming an adult. She lived with her mum the summer after graduating, while during the school year she managed to snag a job as the school librarian and guidance counselor. It was the following summer that she had the chance to research her siblings, living on her own and having much more privacy, and was surprised to find out that... one had become a dark wizard, while the other had become a healer. Her brother was... clearly a chip off the old block. As for her sister... well, at least she seemed honorable, keeping a job as a healer. But Charlotte never reached out. No. She would eventually, but not now. She just didn't feel ready. Plus her mum would disown her if she did.
During the 2028-2029 school year, Charlotte was contacted one day, out of the blue, by the coroner of the hospital in the local wizarding hospital. It turns out it was to... identify Molly's body. Molly Finch had died. Charlotte was on her own now, with no support from anyone, except just a few friends. Nothing was holding her back except her job. Coincidentally, she'd been hired as the History of Magic professor that year. It was a job Charlotte loved, but seemed like she'd have to let go soon, with the decision she made. As the school year drew to a close, Charlotte packed everything up, and made the move to Great Britain. She managed to get a nice apartment in Magus Diaetam, and made it her goal to find her sister.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
Charlotte has since grown out of the shell of a child she once was. She's quite vivacious, and likes having a good time. She doesn't like going completely overboard at all (although she has potions for when she gets shitfaced drunk), leaving that for particularly festive occasions. As lively as she is and as much fun as she likes to have (which rarely ever is it particularly appropriate), she's actually a pretty good role model. She's kind, amicable, and caring. She's... pretty much a teddy bear, contrary to what her house suggests. She might be a warrior and survivor as her story suggests, but beneath all that, there's really just a huge dork. Charlie is very open-minded and understanding, hence why she was such a good Guidance Counselor. And the maternal instincts she has didn't hurt that, either. Overall, Charlotte is more than a decent human being.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Currently Unemployed; Hopefully HoM professor next IC year
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
:D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
:B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.