1) Give a history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc.
Wang Chunyu and his wife Huang Mingxia were both very powerful wizards from long lines of pure-blood wizards. Chunyu hailed from Changsha, China while Mingxia hailed from Beijing, China. At first the two wizards didn't get along, and some could even say they never did even after they got married. It was early 2002 when the couple had first met, and they had got married later that year. At first everything seemed alright with the couples marriage, but after Mingxia had gotten pregnant with twins in 2004, tension arouse between the two and their parents.
Truth be told Mingxia's parents never liked Chunyu, and the fact that he had gotten their daughter pregnant made things worse than they already were. After Mingxia told her parents the news that she was pregnant with twins, they immediately began pushing her to get a divorce from Chunyu. With things between the two already not going well, Mingxia promised her parents she would get a divorce from Chunyu after the twins were born.
In February of 2005, Mingxia gave birth to two baby boys whom they named Chen and Zitao. And in keeping her promise to her parents, got a divorce from Chunyu after four months of raising the twins together. However things didn't go according to her plan when Chunyu wanted custody over at least one of the twins. In an attempt to avoid going to court with her now ex-husband, Mingxia snuck out at night intending to get both twins and leave the country with them, but she only managed to carry off one twin, which turned out to be Zitao, meaning Chen had been left behind to be taken care of by Chunyu.
When Chunyu woke up to only one child, he was honestly relieved. Chunyu had never wanted two kids, and now that Mingxia was out of the picture he could finally do whatever he wanted when he wanted to do it. And that included how he raised Chen. Needless to say Chen wasn't in good hands with Chunyu. He was always drunk and could hardly look after himself, let alone look after a baby who wasn't even a year old yet. Ever since Mingxia had left, Chen was always malnourished and he was almost always sick because of it.
From the young age of five, Chen was heavily abused by Chunyu, both mentally and physically. Which adding on to him constantly being sick, was a deadly pairing which could have resulted to his death if Chunyu didn't marry another pure-blood wizard named Hui. When Hui came along, Chunyu decided it was about time to take better care of Chen, which he did to an extent. With Hui's help, Chen managed to come back from being sick every day to only getting the odd flu here and there. But as healthy as Hui had gotten Chen, it didn't stop Chunyu from abusing him when Hui wasn't home.
After four years of marriage, Hui was still blind to the fact that Chen had been getting abused by Chunyu since before the marriage. It was hard for Chunyu to cover up his tracks at first, having to put makeup on Chen to cover bruises and other injuries so nobody would find out after all. But after four years of abuse he had gotten used to it and because it became second nature to Chen, he learned how to apply it by himself.
It wasn't until Chen turned ten that Hui found out about when Chunyu was doing to Chen, and when she found out she immediately got him put in jail for the crimes he committed. Chen was relieved to have finally gotten free from his abusive father, and with the help of Hui he managed to get over his fear of talking to people. Only a year after Chen was saved by Hui, he got a letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Hui sent him off and promised him that she'd always be there if he ever needed somewhere to stay.
It was at Hogwarts where Chen was reconnected with his brother Zitao. Although at first they didn't remember each other, due to the last time they saw each other they were only five months old, the two instantly became close like brothers should be. After going through all seven years of schooling at Hogwarts, Chen graduated from Hogwarts alongside Zitao. The two now life in a flat together.
2) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or humble?
At first glance one would think Chen is a happy and upbeat person, due to his constant smile. And that's partially true, once he opens up to someone at least, which has never really happened. If it wasn't for his constant smile that he's had ever since he was a baby, people would never think he was an upbeat person and instead they'd think he was quiet and depressed, which is his actual personality. Due to his past, Chen often finds it hard to speak up for himself, or even to talk to other people at all.
It takes a lot for Chen to approach someone, whether it be for help or just to talk, and when he does he is often very quiet and he easily gets flustered when trying to form a proper sentence. Which is why he generally prefers being alone or with Zitao as he knows what Chen has been through and knows how to handle the situations when Chen can't control his emotions. And as Zitao is the only one Chen still trusts in his life, he is the only one who Chen acts one hundred percent himself with. Despite Chen's constant smile, underneath lays a world of pain.
3) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
Pure-Blood, with no notable magical relations.
4) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
Chen does not have any special magical abilities or any special abilities in general.
5) Describe your character's profession. Do you plan to enroll your character into the Ministry of Magic? Does your character not work? Is your character a teacher?
Chen does not work as of right now, but I do wish to enroll him sometime in the future.
6) Describe your character's marital status. Is your character single or married? What is the spouse's name? Any kids?
Chen is single and he does not have any kids.
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
- B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
- B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
I have four characters and only one of them is exotic.
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
Eastern Standard Time
17:21, March 26, 2015 (UTC)