A. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please italicize the answer.)
1. What are you looking forward to learning at Hogwarts the most?
- A. Transfiguration
- B. Magical Creatures
- C. Hexes & Jinxes
- D. The castle's secret areas
2. Pick one:
- B. Stars
- A. Moon
3. If flowers adapted their scent to attract the unwary, what would it smell of in order to lure you in?
- A. Parchment
- B. Freshly baked bread
- C. A crackling log fire
- D. The Sea
4. Pick one:
- A. Dawn
- B. Dusk
5. Four boxes are placed before you. Which one do you open?
- A. The ornate one, promising secret knowledge and unbearable temptation
- B. The small, tortoiseshell box, embellished in gold, with a small, squeaking creature
- C. The small, pewter box that reads "I only open for the worthy"
- D. The gleaming black box marked with Merlin's rune
6. Pick one:
- A. White
- B. Black
7. What road tempts you the most?
- A. The cobbled street lined with ancient buildings
- B. The wide, sunny, grassy lane
- C. The twisting, leaf-strewn path through woods
- D. The narrow, dark, lantern-lit alley
8. Pick one:
- A. Forest
- B. River
9. What scares you most?
- A. Speaking in such a silly voice, people will laugh at you and mock you
- B. Waking up and realizing your family & friends don't know you
- C. An eye at the keyhole of the dark, windowless room where you're locked
- D. Standing on top of something high, without anything to stop you from falling
10. It's late, you're walking alone, and hear a peculiar cry you believe has a magical source. What do you do?
- A. Wait for developments, while mentally reviewing the most appropriate spells
- B. Draw your wand & stand your ground
- C. Draw your wand & search for the source
- D. Proceed with caution, keep a hand on the concealed wand, and keep an eye out
1) Give a description of your character's personality. It must be at least two paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
Chloe Dubois is, in short, your typical teenager. Blunt, cynical, and dramatic. Ever since the debacle that was her father, Chloe has become rather negative and mistrustful of the people around her and can often resort to snark to protect herself. However, Chloe can be, at times, flirtatious, especially to those she finds attractive. To the people she cares for, especially her twin, she often keeps them at arms length and rarely tells them how she feels. In fact, she prefers to keep her emotions under lock and key. Not that they don't influence her any less. Chloe reacts more on her emotions than she does based on logic and reason. In fact, it can be very difficult to reason with Chloe when she becomes upset or excited. However, at the same time, Chloe can be incredibly possessive of those she's close and can easily become jealous. Of course, she also rather enjoys people being possessive over her.
Chloe hates to be wrong, though, and almost always has to be right and can be incredibly stubborn when she wants to be. Chloe considers herself an amateur investigator and likes to go looking for the truth, or whatever she wants to find out, whether this be two people dating or if someone's cheating on their partner. Of course, she's a little miffed she never figured out her dad was cheating and is also a little bit miffed it was her sister who was the one who had found out. Totally not fair. Of course, she also believes what she does is right and doesn't particularly care for the consequences. Thus, it's safe to say that Chloe is rather bold and daring, even when it's wiser to hold back. Another hobby of hers is photography. She adores it, though she's not open about it. Maybe a basic white girl, Chloe likes to take polaroids but can delve into your traditional photography as well. Also cooking. Chloe can cook a wide array of meals. Unless it's baking. She can't even make a cookie let alone a cake.
Chloe can often go out of her way to be annoying, especially when she's in a bad mood, can can often be in up in other people's business, especially when she's not wanted. Though she tries to keep them under lock and key, there are times they spill out and causes her to lash out, even towards innocent people. However, most times Chloe is rather helpful, though she'll often complain about it.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? It must be at least three paragraphs long, seven sentences each.
The marriage between Adam and Alice Dubois apparently seemed a stable one. From an outside perspective, they were completely mundane. Except the age difference, that always raised a few eyebrows. They met when Alice was twenty five and Adam was forty five. Alice was a small store owner in Paris whilst Adam was a teacher at Beauxbaton. He'd simply wandered through the store, which was how he met Alice and was quickly able to ask her out on a date. A year later, they were married. Alice never had much of a relationship with her family, so she wasn't easily deterred from Adam's proposal. He was a reliable man, gave her a stable life and future, so why not? Of course, Alice never knew of all the mistresses Adam was seeing behind her back. In fact, she never would until almost a decade and a half later. By their second year of marriage, the twins were born. Amelia was the oldest by three minutes with Chloe being the youngest. Chloe was never sure on why they were the only children produced, she knew Alice wanted more kids but alas, they were the only children between Adam and Alice.
Being a teacher at Beauxbaton, Adam was gone for the most of the year, leaving the children with Alice, who'd quit her job to raise them. Alice, in the beginning, wasn't quite sure how to 'mother'. Alice was an only child and never had much experience with children so wasn't quite sure what to do with either of them. So, for the first few years of their lives, Chloe and Amelia had rather a lot of freedom and could get away with a lot, and caused a little bit of havoc as soon as they could walk or talk. However, there was one thing that Alice and Adam bonded over. Neither of them had good childhoods. Alice was kicked out when she was fourteen by her abusive mother, the dad had walked out as a kid, and was barely getting by when she met Adam. Adam on the other hand, had grown up with ten siblings in poverty, often being threatened to be evicted. Neither knew riches and glory. So when it came to their daughters, they agreed that the twins had to be perfect. The girls couldn't fall into poverty that they had worked so hard to escape.
Thus, any mischief was quickly stamped out of them by the age of five. Alice had gotten her act together and gone were the carefree days where the twins could get away with whatever they wanted. Under Adam's close supervision, they were being sent to the best school in the district. The private school type where they had primary and high school under one establishment. Of course, the girls' were going to be witches so there was no need for them to go to the high school but Adam believed that the primary would provide the best education. Alice simply went with this decision as she believed her husband knew best. Naturally, Alice was the more lenient one out of the two parents but she never stood up to Adam, so it never really mattered but even then Alice was still strict. The girls' were constantly punished when they acted out or did something either parent disapproved of. Though, it was never physical, the punishments usually meant being grounded or being deprived of their favourite toy or other things they enjoyed or loved. It was nothing serious but even the slightest mistake could send the girls' into isolation. And, of course, if one was in trouble, the other was in trouble too.
Their education was important to Adam, and thus Alice, and so the girls' were given private tutors and extra work on top of the primary school. In fact, Chloe found she had little free time to herself and when she did, she usually spent it with her twin let alone other people. She had her first magical experience when she was eight years old and set her homework on fire. However, there was one thing that set Chloe apart from her sister. And that was she didn't idealise her father like Amelia did. Maybe it was how he was always gone, but she never really had a relationship with him. She was closer with Alice than her father. When she was eleven, they were sent to Beauxbaton, and it was a bit of a culture shock for Chloe because now she was almost around her father twenty four seven. For the next four years, Chloe found herself distrustful of him, distant, she wasn't sure why but she never felt comfortable around him. Her suspicions were proven right during their fourth year.
It was Amelia, the one who did love their dad, that found him with a student. The worst part being was that she was a third year. Amelia, naturally, told Chloe who then told their mother. Luckily, Adam hadn't realised he'd been caught by one of his daughters and was blissfully unaware of what was about to happen. If it had been a simple mistress, Alice might have stayed but...it was the age. The fact that the girl was so close to the twins that made her file for divorce. If Adam could stoop that low for a thirteen year old, then what was to stop him from touching one of the twins? Alice couldn't risk it. However, Alice still found herself...protecting Adam per say. Maybe she was scared of him, scared of how he could ruin her. Obviously, Adam always had more power than her. He was the bread winner of the family. Thus, it was down to Chloe to tell the authorities what had happened. She never liked Adam much so didn't have an ounce of remorse in going to the headmaster of Beauxbaton. It didn't take long for the truth to come out and Adam was quickly arrested. However, Alice found herself scared Adam would be released and try to find them so she quickly moved the family to England. She had a cousin there that they could stay with for the time being. For a few months, they stayed with the cousin whilst Alice found a stable career. When she did, they moved out into a small apartment (small enough that the twins found themselves having to share a bed). Now, entering their fifth year, the girls' have been enrolled in Hogwarts and Chloe found herself praying this would be a fresh start.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important characters from the Harry Potter Universe!)
Pureblood, she has a twin
5) Does your character have any special abilities? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of a magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
6) What year is your character in?
Entering her fifth year
B. Whilst the first two questions will not affect the character's house (and are mandatory), the others are designed specifically to help users come up with their character's ideal job (and are optional).
1) Is this your first character?
- A. This is my first character.
- B. No, this is not my first character.
2) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
3) What would people who know your character well say they're really good at?
4) What do they really want to avoid in their future job/career? Do they hate working in an office? Do they hate the field?
5) Aside from family and peers, what motivates your character the most in life? What drives their passion?
6) Where does your character's weaknesses lie?
7) Wand cores and woods speak volumes about a person's character. What is your character's wand? Why does it answer to them?