Please Bold Your Choices
1) There are three paths. One leads to a wandering road, another to a lake, and one over a mountain. Which one?
A) None of them, I'm at home reading.
2) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
3) How would you describe yourself?
4) Someone infuriates you in public. How do you react?
A) Shrug it off.
B) Tell them that they are worthless and to get a life, infuriate them, push them, and storm off.
C) Get up, look at them right in the eye, and walk away like it never happened.
D) They are just joking around.
5) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
6) Give a description of your character's personality. Personality must be at least one paragraph long. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Clair is quite stubborn, much like her birth mother, it takes a great deal of effort to convince her of something. There is pretty much no chance of telling her otherwise unless it can be proved. At which point the little bull becomes a tad humble in the face of defeat. She doesn't always listen to other people, and has a habit of yelling over other when she gets interrupted. She has trouble forming close relationships with people her age, and putting trust in certain types of people she should consider her elders. Clair is a bit of an introvert, and she prefers to be alone with a difficult word picture puzzle. She keeps to herself mostly playing the kalimba, or reading whatever she can get her hands on.
7) Write about the history of your character. History must be at least two paragraphs long. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!)
Her mother was ill-prepared for a child, although she loved her baby more than life itself she gave the child away. Clair grew up in an orphanage in Northern France. She has had one father that she can remember, Marius Vizard. He did not treat Clair like a wounded animal. Following a series of unexplained phenomena it was discovered that Clair has the gift of Sibyl, an inherent magical ability, she can read minds. She spent several years with Marius in the Cap d’Antibes, she also began seeing a doctor, a psychotherapist, when she was seven while under his care. She told Marius how she feared his death to his disbelief. She tried the best she could to protect him by taking items she knew he would need, and hiding them. She was unware the he suffered from cirrhosis of the liver, and she ultimately she failed to save him from the condition that took his life.
Upon her return following Marius' death, she was picked up by the French Ministry. Since she has no family nothing tied her to France any longer, she was unwelcome in a standard muggle dwelling. With her status as a witch being known Clair was unable to return to Children's Village as she might have liked to. She was sent to a new school, in a new town, in a new country. She was taken to England, to a town called Banchory. She was fostered by the Monteith family for a few weeks while there before she was to take residence at the magical orphanage known as Lil Bundles. It could be said that Clair was still in shock when she arrived. She did not display the classic traits of fear, nor did she display the less common excitement. When asked how she felt Clair would only shrug, she had no response. Once she knew what people expected from her, she performed.
In school at Beauxbâtons, Clair came to realize that her ability gave her a rush, it made getting control a lot more of a challenge. She had trouble listening, and honing in on one voice audible or not, it felt like everyone was talking to her at once. She has developed a sense of cognitive inhibition allowing her to intentionally tune out stimuli irrelevant to her mind's current state.
8) Write about your character's appearance. How do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
Clair has classic Northern European features. Her hair is a mixture of brown and blonde. She has darker shades of lighter brown hair, and lighter shades of a golden blonde from her natural sun streaks. She has fair skin, that almost looks flawless when the faint scratches from a stray cat, or minor burn from too much time in the sun have not dampened her unearthly brightness. Clair also has blue eyes that sparkle like diamonds when she laughs. Her nose is a bit wide, sitting perfectly above her little lips in the small gap between her eyes.
9) Are you Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
10) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as veela, vampire, werewolf or the likes? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have an "exotic" characters as your first two characters!)
She has the gift of Sibyl, she can read minds. She is Clairvoyant.
11) What year is your character in?
Any House You DO NOT Want to Be In? (No Promises, Sorry)
Any House You REALLY Want to Be In? (Sorry, Again, No Promises)
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into)
1. How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
- A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
:B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
- C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
- D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2. Is this your first character?
- A) This is my first character
:B) This is NOT my first character.
3. If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic"?
8 active, 1 exotic
4. Please post your time zone in relation with the UTC time zone (ex. Eastern Standard Time is -4), but if you don't understand how to calculate that then please simply put the name of your time zone below.
Number of A's: 1
Number of B's: 3
Number of C's:
Number of D's: 1
- Did she transfer to Hogwarts for third year? Or did she also study in Hogwarts for her second year? Because if I'm reading correctly, she attended Beauxbatons for first and second year, yet she was already in Britain for her twelfth birthday. Why didn't she transfer to Hogwarts as soon as she arrived to Britain?
- Wouldn't it be more accurate to have her be a seer, if she can foretell the future?
- Clair would have transferred to Hogwarts towards the end of her second year (after her adoptive father died), and she would have begun her third year this term.
- On this wiki, it has come to my attention, Clairvoyance does not mean what I believed it to. I have gone back and taken out the reference to foretelling the future, and changed it to mind-reading.
- Hecate Grimm (Hex Me) 02:07, July 31, 2016 (UTC)
- Clair isn't a seer anymore, so how did she know her adoptive father would die?
- This is probably a bit too far fetched. Anyways. I assumed she would know (or think she knows because when you tell someone it changes things) based on her ability to read minds. That maybe she could hear these conversations about him, and her that have not happened yet. Too much right?
- - Hecate Grimm (Hex Me) 03:46, August 1, 2016 (UTC)
Yeah, a little too much. As a clairvoyant, she'd probably only be able to hear thoughts of those around her, when they're around her. Not future thoughts, much less actual conversations. :P
- I thought so, but I had to give it a try. :P I removed the reference to her knowing he would die, and changed it as her just being afraid he would die, I suppose you could call it paranoia. I also listed the condition he suffered from.
- 03:57, August 1, 2016 (UTC)
One more thing... how could she levitate things? Was it accidental magic, or something else? She was underage, and wouldn't be able to use magic...
- It was most definitely underage magic, she did it on purpose. I also meant she was using Wingardium Leviosa or a Hover Charm (one of the first year charms) to bring the item in question within her reach. Just to be safe I changed it from levitating to taking.
- - Hecate Grimm (Hex Me) 00:51, August 2, 2016 (UTC)
I know it isn't what you asked for, but it was either this, or Slytherin. c: Sorry, hun.