A. Please answer the following questions as elaborately as possible. (Remember, this part is only a requirement for your third to fifteenth character!)
1) What would you consider to be your character's strengths, and your character's weaknesses? Elaborate on your answer.
- Strengths: Clara is warm-hearted (when she wants to be) and can be a real sweetheart at times. She's pretty smart, and can read people well.
- Weaknesses: She can also be brutally stubborn, and at times has a bad habit of telling white lies.
2) What goals and objectives has your character set out in their life? Is it to be successful and rich? Is it to find happiness? Why?
- She's just starting at a new school. She wants to learn her way around Hogwarts, and maybe make some new friends.
- On some... really deep down level.... she'd like to reconcile with her Dad... but he feels like such a stranger to her, that she's not sure how to go about it.
3) What's their ideal way of spending a free day? Why so?
- She'd spend it with friends, hanging out. Chatting... maybe eating food. Her Mom might make snacks, and her Dad wouldn't be anywhere to be seen.
4) If your character could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be? Why?
- Her journal (It has all her thoughts)
- Her Wampus scarf (To remember Ilvermorny, no matter where she gets Sorted)
- Hair products (to tame her curls)
- A little American flag pin that she keeps on her bag (Because she will always love the States)
- She has a favorite plaid skirt she likes to wear.
5) What one thing would your character change about the wizarding society? Why?
- She'd mix Muggle and magic more. She grew up heavily in the Muggle world, until very recently. She sees no reason why the two couldn't co-exist better.
6) What house does your character want to be in? What house does your character not want to be in? Why?
- She doesn't know much about the Hogwarts houses, and since it seems she doesn't get a choice-- the hat just tells you where to go, she wouldn't have a preference. (But I see her as a Slytherin).
B. Select the option that best fits your character. (Remember, this part is a requirement for every character you make! Please bold the answers from an IC Point of View, and mark in italics the answers from the OOC Point of View.)
1) Which type of spell is most useful?
A) A Complex Spell
B) A Spell Of Control
C) A Combat Spell
D) A Healing Spell
2) What is most important to you?
B) Getting your way.
D) Friends and family.
3) What would you do if a teacher caught you cheating?
A. I'm the person people cheat off of.
B. I wouldn't get caught; I'm too slick.
C. I would deny the accusation until the teacher gives up.
D. I would 'fess up, apologize, and accept the consequences.
4) What matters most to your character?
5) What's the best way to get things done?
A. Putting together a qualified team and completing the task efficiently.
B. Trick someone else into doing the work for you.
C. Get some friends together and lead them in the task.
D. The right way, no matter how long it takes.
1) Give a description of your character's personality. Are you noble or sneaky? Arrogant or Humble? Anything about your character that might help the Sorting Hat decide. (Don't worry, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, personality must be at least one paragraph long for the first two characters, two paragraphs long for the third to eighth characters, and three paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth!)
Clara's two defining characteristics are her stubbornness... and her charm. And she's rather choosy about who she shares them with. For example... her mother often sees the more charming, warm-hearted version of Clara... while her father receives the lippier, stubborn side of her. Her siblings at any given time could see some combination of both.
Clara is definitely a people person when she wants to be. Around people she likes or wants something from, she's bright and bubbly (and maybe even a bit flirtatious as she gets older....). If she doesn't see any reason for the other person to be her friend... simply put, she won't be. She doesn't see the point in putting in any extra time for a person she doesn't care for.
The part of Clara's personality that doesn't always come out... is she's inclined to lie. It doesn't happen much, because it's not how she was raised... but it's there. She often lies to herself to get her father off her back, or she'll tell a white lie to her mother about something she may not have necessarily done for her father. She doesn't really like this about herself.. but she's seen it be too useful to truly part with.
2) Write about the history of your character. How did they grow up? Is there an incident that made them the way they are? etc. (Again, you can copy this onto your character page later!) (Remember, history must at least be two paragraphs long for the first two characters, three paragraphs long for the third to eighth character, and four paragraphs long for the ninth to fifteenth character!)
It was at Ilvermorny that Duncan Davidson met his future wife. She was a British girl, not used to American ways. One boy decided he was going to make fun of her for it. Well, Duncan was about to have any of that. He socked the boy in the jaw. The bully left the girl alone, and Duncan decided he would show her around. The pair hit it off really well, and that's when Duncan learned her name. Jeannie Clark. It didn't take long for the pair to start dating. They were in fifth year at the time, and they stayed together for the next two and a half years at Ilvermorny. On their graduation day, Duncan proposed. Jeannie accepted and just like Duncan's parents the two were married within three months. Once Duncan turned 18, he decided to join the US Army like his father and grandfather before him. Duncan applied to join the US Rangers and was accepted into Ranger School. Upon his graduation from Ranger School, Duncan was sent out on his first deployment, leaving Jeannie behind.
Clara Marie Davidson was born on December 29th, 2017. She was the third child in her family, and her parents assumed she was would be the last. It wasn't long after Clara was born that her father was sent overseas again, leaving Jeannie to take care of three children back home. It was two years before Daddy came home, and having no experience with the man... Clara didn't bond well with him. He was a stranger-- all she knew was her mother, and siblings. He wasn't even home for that long, because when Clara was five... he was sent back out for another tour. She'd come to accept that... whoever this Daddy was... it wasn't a figure she needed to get to know. When he came back, not long after... and without one of his legs, Clara was very confused. Why was he staying here? Wasn't he supposed to just... leave again?
When Clara was seven, her first signs of magic manifested. Her Mom had told her to go help Dad with something. Confused and annoyed... Clara had gone up to see what he needed. After a little too much lip, and a reprimand from Duncan, Clara had exited the room.... the door magically slamming and the lights flickering as she left. Her attitude quickly transformed into excitement. Harley was already at Ilvermorny, and this meant someday she'd join him!
When Clara started at Ilvermorny, Wampus was the only one to light up for her... so that's where she went. She was secretly a bit sad, as she'd sort of wanted Thunderbird, too, feeling her soul better represented her than her body did... but she learned to like it well enough. She didn't attend Ilvermorny long, however. It appeared her mother had long desired to move to England, and so... seemingly without warning... Duncan had uprooted her entire family-- something she's still rather upset about. She did enjoy the opportunity to be resorted (maybe she'd get something better this time?), but moving across an ocean where she only knew her siblings... wasn't her favorite. And she's resentful even more now, of Duncan.
3) Write about your character's appearance. What do they look like? Are you planning on using a certain model for your character? If you already have a picture in mind, you can put it here!
4) Is your character a Pure-Blood, Half-Blood or Muggle-Born? Do you have any notable magical relations? (Remember, you cannot be related to important Harry Potter characters!)
5) Does your character have any special magical abilities? Or special abilities in general (photographic memory, etc.)? Is he or she of a different magical race, such as Veela, Vampire, Werewolf or the like? Part or half of that magical race counts! (Remember, you cannot have a character with special abilities/of a different magical race as one of your first two characters!)
No special abilities. :)
6) What year is your character in?
Out of Character Questions (These do not affect which House you'll be sorted into. Everyone must answer!)
1) How much time will you have to participate on this RP site? (This does not affect which House you'll be sorted into).
A) I have a lot of other responsibilities, and although I really want to be a part of this wiki, there may be days on end I won't be able to participate in anything.
B) Although I do have some other responsibilities, and there may be times I'll be absent, I should be able to participate on a weekly basis, around my other schedule.
C) I should be able to participate at least some every day.
D) I have loads of free time, and don't see participation to be a problem at all.
2) Is this your first character?
A) This is my first character.
B) No, this is not my first character.
3) If your answer to the previous question is B, how many characters do you have? How many of them are "exotic" (of a different magical race/have a special ability)?
14, none exotic (Yes I'm aware she's my last one. :P)